TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Joe Rogan vs. Carlos Mencia

stars-1-0.gif Not exactly me idea of comedy, February 20, 2007

Reviewer: Prashanth S. Cherukuri "Music junkie" (Austin, TX) - See all my reviews

Maybe you have to be really drunk to like Dave Chappelle's comedy type, but it really didnt strike me as funny in anyway. I am the kind who enjoys intelligent gigs and satire more than swear words recycled again and again.

I got this as a gift and infact have listed this on Amazon to sell. Its unbearable.

If you really like comedy, buy Carlos Mencia, or even Dane Cook.

The sad thing is Mencia kind of did the bit better than Cosby. But then again, given twenty years to revise someone else's joke you damn well better improve on it.

Really? I think Cosby did a much better job than Mencia. ALl he did was say "That bitch never played catch with you" and i guess that could make it seem funnier, but really, Cosby's was better.

The sad thing is Mencia kind of did the bit better than Cosby. But then again, given twenty years to revise someone else's joke you damn well better improve on it.

Really? I think Cosby did a much better job than Mencia. ALl he did was say "That bitch never played catch with you" and i guess that could make it seem funnier, but really, Cosby's was better.

Mm, well. I guess my problem with Cosby's is that it feels a bit disjointed until he pulled it together at the end with the punchline, whereas with Mencia it's a bit more... clear, I suppose. Like, Cosby's is a bit funnier from start to finish, but Mencia's builds up to the final line really effectively (and I actually found the scream of exasperation to be funnier than the "catch" line).

Not that it really matters if it was Cosby's joke to begin with, but.