TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Ideas for WWE Box Sets

I dont think wwe will do any of these , even though they would be a cash cow, but then theyd have nothing new to run on 24/7 (which I finally got and it is indeed awesome, and you can make your own dvds)

as for my ideas,

a complete wargames set

Best of Superstars/Challenge set-maybe 4 discs at least (come on, a lot of great moments used to happen on the sat/sun morning shows, and youd have to put the snake biting savage, shango curses warrior, the rockers breakup, etc)

best of nitro 3 disc set (altough they do a good job with the MNW on 24/7, but just the greatest moments)

best of nitro 3 disc set (altough they do a good job with the MNW on 24/7, but just the greatest moments)

Problem with that is every night in Nitro was THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT! That would be one huge DVD set.

Bret Hart: Screw'd - the 10 year anniversary of the greatest angle ever

Containing the whole Hart vs HBK and Hart vs SCSA feuds

It absolutely illustrates your point earlier, Raza, but every Canadian would indeed buy a 97 Hart retrospective....maybe not with that title, however.

Bret Hart: Screw'd The Best Angle there is, The Best Angle There was, the Best Angle there Will Ever be - the 10 year anniversary

Containing the whole Hart vs HBK and Hart vs SCSA feuds

It absolutely illustrates your point earlier, Raza, but every Canadian would indeed buy a 97 Hart retrospective....maybe not with that title, however.

Bret Hart 92-97 Five Years of Excellence - the 5 disc retrospective.

I really like the SNME/Main Event box set idea. The wwe did start that RAW season dvd thing, but for some reason stopped after 1999(well they only had two seasons). What they should do is the greatest promos and interview segments from Piper's Pit to Heartbreak Hotel to Flair for the Gold etc. etc. etc. along with those superstar/update segments.

I really like the SNME/Main Event box set idea. The wwe did start that RAW season dvd thing, but for some reason stopped after 1999(well they only had two seasons). What they should do is the greatest promos and interview segments from Piper's Pit to Heartbreak Hotel to Flair for the Gold etc. etc. etc. along with those superstar/update segments.

Raw has been done before as Raw Prime Cuts (VHS) and Best of Raw 1-4 (DVD).

Problem with that is every night in Nitro was THE GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT! That would be one huge DVD set.

Yea maybe 80 discs or so, and it would come with a talking box featuring tony schiavone

I'm still holding out hope that, one day, there'll be released a DVD chronicling the greatest feud in the history of ECW: Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer. I've only seen, like, two of the matches from that feud (High Incident, and yes it was part of the feud; and the WrestlePalooza '97 blowoff), but I'll be damned if just watching clips here and there of it doesn't have me salivating like a motherfucker.

Maybe another Foley disc, one that has a 2-hour feature about his life and career, and then 2 discs of his favorite/best matches (but don't double-dip nearly as much as they prolly will). Then again, why doesn't WWE Films just produce an adaptation of Have a Nice Day? It might actually bring some decent bank at the box office considering how popular the book was.

Maybe another Foley disc, one that has a 2-hour feature about his life and career, and then 2 discs of his favorite/best matches (but don't double-dip nearly as much as they prolly will).

Foley's already had a few dvds released, and next month they're re-releasing Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses as a 3-disc set with some extra matches on the new disc. IIRC they're Foley/Rock vs Evolution (WMXX), Foley vs Orton (Backlash 04), Foley vs Edge (WM22), and Foley vs Flair (SummerSlam 06)

I'd really like to see collections of supercards from other promotions.

AWA: Superclashes I-IV, Super Sunday, Wrestlerock,

World Class: Parade of Champions 1984-88

ECW: November To Remember 1993-2000

Season sets for Nitro.

Box sets of the PPVs for each year from WCW.

Someone mentioned doing DVDs based on years - I think 1997 would sell huge.

I'd also be interested in a well-done Rock collection - 2/3 discs. I don't ever remember them doing something for him.

Guest General Mike

King of the Ring box set. I don't know what footage they have from the tournaments when they were non-televised, but they have at least 10 KotR PPVs, plus last year's tournament.

Georgia Championship Wrestling/early World Championship Wrestling. They could feature Piper, the Freebirds, etc, but have the Road Warriors' first matches, Jake the Snake Roberts, Buzz Sawyer vs Tommy Rich in the cage, tons more.

They haven't even scratched the surface with the old territory video.

A Chris Jericho DVD.

How about something on the groups or "families" of wrestling.

-The Heenan Family

-The Legion of Doom

-Dangerous Alliance

-Hart Foundation

Guest BlueStang302

I would buy a Survivor Series boxset on the first day it comes out, as I did with WM and RR. Preferably, it would be released in volumes also as I really only desire the first 2.

I have slightly less interest in a Summerslam set, though I would buy the first 2 volumes. I might pass on the entire boxset if it was only available in that format.

I'd LOVE a Bobby Heenan set.

- 1 disk of Bobby Heenan family matches.

- 1 disk of Bobby Heenan comedy. The Bobby Heenan show, great promos, etc. I think it would be really cool if they could put together a bunch of his one-liners or back and forths with Monsoon or Vince. Many of his best quotes came during random matches on Superstars or Prime time. Compile a nice 20-30 minute audio track of his funniest lines. Or better yet, put together a Top 50 or Top 100. Just put on the screen who was wrestling and the date and give us the audio. Each sample would probably under 30 seconds so I think it's doable. But I doubt anything like that is ever released.

I wouldn't mind the same kind of treatment for Jim Cornette or Jesse Ventura, but "The Brain" above all.