TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

Skull Radio~!

srlogo2.jpg

On Sunday, February 18, 2007, at 7 P.M. EST, the inaugural broadcast of SWF: Skull Radio will take place. This will be a live internet radio broadcast that will be hosted by Alan Clark and me. During the course of these shows we will discuss happenings within the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation and only the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation. Don’t worry though, if you miss the live broadcast it will be recorded and available in MP3 format or Podcast directly after the conclusion of the live show.

For the first edition, Alan Clark and I will give our thoughts on Tom Flesher’s State of the SWF address and some of the suggestions mentioned in the thread about how to keep this place alive. Also, we will give our match-by-match thoughts on the February 14 edition of Storm, predictions for the next Storm, and discussions of storylines going on and starting before we go live.

If you’d like you may call in during the broadcast and we will gladly take your calls and let you add to the discussions. The phone number for you to call will be posted on the day of the show.

I know Clark and I might get some negative reaction about this but this is one thing I’m trying to do in order to spark some life into the community and possibly have a fun thing for us to do once a week. Clark was more than happy to offer his services as co-host and honestly, I was more than thrilled to have him help out with this.

One thing to mention. the call in number is a 646 area code, which is Manhattan, New York. I’d highly suggest using a cell phone with a nationwide calling plan to call in or some voice over internet, such as Skype.

If anyone would like to make suggestions for topics they’d like us to discuss feel free to post them in this thread, and on Sunday come here for the phone number and link for the broadcast.

I realized after posting the above that it makes it sound as though Thomas F. Flesher will be on the show. Well, unless he calls in, that won't be the case. So, you know what to do come Sunday, Taamo. And that's not get to the nether-regions of drunkenness and bang hookers. That's what Tuesdays are for.

And because this was a double post, it likes putting the file on both posts, but getting rid of one attachment gets rid of both for some reason.

Skull_Radio_Promo.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theswf

Less than eight hours till show-time so here's the link for all your listening pleasure. If you can't listen live, about an hour after the show it will be archived on the site and available for listening and also for download. Remember, the call-in number is Manhattan-local, so cellphones are a plus, even if they might be a bit staticy.

srarchive.jpg

Here's a more direct link to the archive of the first show. Feel free to listen and as Alan previously stated, comments are greatly appreaciated. How else are we to know if you liked the concept and what future topics of discussion you might like to hear.

Thanks for your support~!

Good show.

First, let me say I have the slowest computer alive. So I listened to the stream, and since it would cut out like every ten seconds, I listened to mainly the Storm Review, Storyline discussion, and Storm Preview. Everything was done well and I liked how there were honest opinions on the show. Nothing too harsh, but there was enough to get people going. Actually, talking about the fed is cool too, since it gives us a reason to listen.

Just a real good first show.

*Someone says something.*

Johnny (deadpan): Okay...

*Tom cracks a joke.*

Johnny (deadpan): Right. Right.

Good stuff brought up and talked about. Guests were on point. Maybe I'll call next week. And I would try rationalize my finish but I have nothing to say that could do that. I needed a finish and just got done watching Batista/Kennedy on Smackdown, plus a Brock Lesnar vid on youtube where he triple Powerbomb'd Jeff Hardy. Combine and voila, no more problem ending the match.

*Someone says something.*

Johnny (deadpan): Okay...

*Tom cracks a joke.*

Johnny (deadpan): Right. Right.

That was because I didn't hear what they totally said. Sorry, I'll work on that, but sometimes the voices of the callers aren't that loud. :\

I wasn't trying to be an asshole bringing up the finish, I was just speaking my opinion.

Eh, I guess I worded my statement incorrectly. Don't want you to think I disliked your comments or anything. Exactly the opposite in fact. It's more like I wish I could have thought of something better at the time than stealing my finish from two WWE matches. Hindsight and all that, I should change my finisher to the Air Raid Crash. I used it at the PPV and could've wrote that in as it would've made more sense themematically. Establishing the move, etc.

EDIT: Oh and Johnny I thought it was funny not bad. Made me laugh because his jokes would hit and then you'd just pretty much shut him down.

That was actually a lot better than I was expecting it to be (no offense) and that was quite amusing (though long). "Okay... so, Akira call your mother..." - I have held the title, for the record, and it was really cool to hear people talk about the SWF, which is weird. "See, I was making a testicle pun..." There were some more quotes but overall that was pretty damn cool.

Congrats and thanks for everyone puttin' in that effort.

Edit: Oh God, I see Thoth, he's coming to put you all on the bus.

Since I haven't finished listening to the show (and I'm probably going to stop here in a few minutes), I have a quick question: did you actually have a list of things that you'd wanted to talk about, or did you just have in mind to talk about the Address, and freestyle the rest of the show?

I had a ton of notes, as well as having various posts/threads up on my computer...and yet I still forgot whether or not IL/Doom was a hardcore title match. But, I did freestyle some things later on, just because it's a conversational thing and the conversation was bringing up good points.

Since I haven't finished listening to the show (and I'm probably going to stop here in a few minutes), I have a quick question: did you actually have a list of things that you'd wanted to talk about, or did you just have in mind to talk about the Address, and freestyle the rest of the show?

We had the SWF Address, Storm Comments and Storm Predictions chosen ahead of time for topics. After that I think I free-stumbled around the rest of it. Invite's still there, though.