TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Guest Queen Leelee

If the rules are properly enforced, like they have been the last 2 years, then that is not an issue.

Regier purposely built this Sabre team around speed. If he felt size was necessary, a trade would have been made to address the issue.

This is why Pittsburgh, who signs stuff like Roberts and Laraque will not be the point leaders in the East. And the Sabres will.

It was an issue with Detroit last year, and like, every year since they won the Cup.

And they did have some grit. All it will take is some dirty player like Janssen or Witt to put fear in the Buffalos.

Guest Queen Leelee

It was a bigger issue for Buffalo last year, and they likely reach the finals if they didn't have to play peons from the stands on their blueline.

Obviously, any team can beat any other team in a 7-game NHL series because of the nature of the game... but, to lessen Buffalo's hopes because of a lack of grit is not appropriate in the current NHL.

If one seriously thinks a team the caliber of Montreal, Toronto, etc... is favored to beat the Sabres, then they are simply ignorant. of course, the poster before you probably diminishes buffalo's hopes because they haven't been good in years.

I don't think either of those teams could beat Buffalo. I'm thinking of a well-coached, more experienced team like the Islanders. They have the streaky goaltender that could pull some magic out of his ass.

I'm not sure that the Leafs could beat Buffalo, but I think they could take them at least 6 games. They wouldn't be a "nice quick sweep to open up the playoffs".

No, the Canes would be the nice easy sweep.

Too bad they'll end up somewhere around 10th at the end of the year.

As a Sabres fan, the only teams in the east that I'm truly worried about facing in the playoffs are Ottawa and NJ.

In November I would have said Montreal could have beat Buffalo in the playoffs.

Of course Montreal can't beat a junior team now.

Depending on who Buffalo plays I'll predict a first round upset.

If a team can hold on Buffalo's offence, Buffalo is done because of their average goaltending.

Montreal has fallen back to Earth in a bad way and I've been razzing a few Hab fans that I know about it because I'm an asshole like that (but they taunt me about the Leafs all the time and obviously the Buds are no sure bet to get in either so I could wind up with egg on my face). :P

Huet being out may hurt but then again he put up a record of 3-9 in his last 12 games so I'm not so sure that even he could carry them into the playoffs for sure now.

About Janssen and Kaberle, that "hit" if you can call it that (I call it an assault) was as dirty as they come and it was so infuriating to me just how little justice has been served on that at least thus far. Nobody even saw the cheapshot when it happened, not even the two Devils fans in the Continental Airlines Arena or whatever they call it. I wanted all the NJ players dead in a pool of their blood after I saw that and I still want retribution, too bad these aren't the Leafs of 3-4 years ago that wouldn't take this shit lying down.

A National Post article today said that a unnamed source claimed that Kaberle would be out for the season and possibly most of the year. Kaberle refuted that assertion, as he hopes to start working out with the team soon after taking an MRI test scheduled within the next few days. Also, he had this to say about Janssen:

The All-Star defenceman would not offer judgment on whether three games was a sufficient suspension for Janssen but he said that he had yet to be contacted by the Devils' enforcer:

"I don't care (to hear from him). He doesn't respect me and I don't respect him."

I'm not against the fact it was a dirty hit.

It was a nice looking hit, but the fact it was late makes it dirty. If Jannsen hit Kaberle 1-2 seconds earlier, I would have said it was clean as anything.

Not NHL related but the Boys' State Hockey Tournament is taking place this week. Two classes A and AA.

Hill-Murray and Rochester Century are headed to overtime tied 5-5.

Chris Simon. Youtube that name tomorrow and see what you will find, it's absolutely sickening.

Sens outplayed the Leafs tonight and deserved to win, but man, if the Leafs had a few bounces go their way in the first half of the game when it was still close it would have been a different story.

I guess as long as they play outside of the province, they're ok.

No, but Simon was looking for him, and the skater decides to play tough guy.

Finish your check, and go on with the play.

No, that was a clean hit.

Fuck Chris Simon, give him the rest of the season and playoffs, if the Isles miss the playoffs give him 20 more games.

How don't you.

I don't even like Hollweg, but it was totally unnecessary. He wasn't even hanging around the play, he was going about his business running other people like he always does.

And you don't mean to tell me he did not see Chris Simon staring down at him. Seriously, any coach will tell you to finish the check and move with the play. Instead Hollweg decided to be a brain dead moron and stay near Simon looking for round two.

I have been a huge Chris Simon fan since his rookie year. I have followed him from team to team and when he came to the Rangers I was happy seeing as I am a huge Rangers fan. When he went to the Islanders I was pissed, but I saw it coming seeing as he's one of Ted Nolan's boys. That stick to the face of Hollweg was a dirty, cheap shot. Simon should get at least the rest of the season and the playoffs (if the Islanders make them.)

Hollweg didn't have that coming since he was skating back to the area to stay with his man like you are supposed to. It was a clean hit and no one wold ever expect Simon to do that. I have lost a lot of respect for Simon as far as playingwise. He's a hard player, but he has never been dirty. This is a scar on the face of Hockey. It's going to be all over the highlight shows and doesn't do anything good for the sport.