TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

Kaberle hopes to return to practice next week.

If Toronto wasn't in the position they were in, Tomas should take the whole season off to recover.

Guest Queen Leelee
I never thought the McSorley incident demanded all the outrage it got- he shouldn't have been blackballed for it. What Hunter did was much worse

Agreed on both accounts. Hunter should been jailed for assault. McSorley was worthy of a lengthy suspension, but I don't believe his intent was to aim at Brashear's head.

Kaberle hopes to return to practice next week.

If Toronto wasn't in the position they were in, Tomas should take the whole season off to recover.

So I saw the highlight again.

Tighten the helmet up buddy, and you probably would have played later on in the game.

Probably not. He smashed into the boards hard after getting hit in the head on one side. And a tighter helmet wouldn't have stopped him from hurting his neck.

And I was just watching a replay of the hit on YouTube using the Devils feed. Apparently it was Kaberle's fault for not expecting Janssen to hit him almost 2 seconds after he passed the puck.

Logically, Simon should be kicked out the NHL for life. He's a danger to everyone. A noted drunk with a horrible temper, and a history of issues coming from said temper.

really

The only reason that game was even close, though, was Emery. Especially in the first period.

It probably should have been 3-0 Leafs early in the 1st, but Emery made a few great stops.

Source? Everything I've seen says the cut isn't serious.

http://www.newsobserver.com/796/story/552373.html

It actually didn't feel like that much, feel that serious, then I took a look at my knee and you could see something was wrong," Ward said. "The Rangers came in the zone a couple more times, and I froze the puck. Once I looked, you could see the muscle."

As someone noted on HF, it's ironic that Isbister's skate did this when Isbister's skates have never been a weapon before.

Neither conference is significantly weaker than the other. But to argue that the West is the best just because it has the top three point-getters, when two of those three teams are in a horrible division and have 24 games each against the dregs of the league, is silly.

The Manchester Monarchs are currently beating the Oilers. This is a glorious moment in the history of the Los Angeles Kings.

I can't find it in me to watch a single game now that Modry's back, so it's radio only for the rest of the season.

I cared until it didn't seem like Mario cared anymore.

I know what places I didn't want them to move to though, and there's others that I wouldn't have minded. I fucking hate saying minded, I'd rather say mound or mund.

Now Rachuneck goes down with a knee injury. Thats now him, Hossa, Tyutin, and Shanny out of the lineup, with Straka playing with one shoulder. Yet for some reason they continue to kick ass.

edit: whether it be for or against the Rangers, the goalie interference penalty needs to be looked at. Its getting fucking ridiculous, I've seen players throw players into the goalie crease and get called for it, I've seen players run into goalies WAY out of the crease and get called for it, and goalies starting the contact and the refs still making the call. Its bullshit.

Felt a little dirty cheering for Ottawa and Montreal tonight. Almost everything went the Leafs way tonight, though, except for Carolina beating Florida.