TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

NCAA Basketball Tournament 1st/2nd Round Thread

You probably have to watch advertisements.

Advertising = cash.

and you can't fastforward the mmod stuff.

;p

So it's advertising you won't be able to ignore. Plus it's in a webpage which also has advertising.

No, it's basically what you'd see watching it on TV. There's like one ad banner to the side.

I'm not complaining about it. I'm just surprised that, since this is a great way for people to watch as many games as possible, CBS didn't try and make some extra dough on it.

I lost a couple games, but they were going out in the second round anyway so it doesn't hurt much.

EDIT: I was wrong about the games in their entirety; it's just an extended highlights package, but the link says "Full Game".

Edited by KingPK

Guest Queen Leelee

ODU ended my perfect day. Surprised Butler ran away with that one.

I have no idea why On Demand even exists. There's literally millions of dollars that could be made by charging anything for this. And the quality is beyond excellent. I don't get it.

Guest Queen Leelee

Vandy is punishing GW.

Blah, I was hoping the sandwich game in the West wouldn't be a blowout for once.

As a pitt fan, I would MUCH rather play Duke than VCU.

VCU's athleticism/speed is scary. Duke is slow and we have way more size than them...VCU is impressive.

Really good game so far

I'm getting annoyed at VCU acting indignant to every foul call when the replay shows a foul. Just a bunch of stupid ones too, like the one on the breakaway dunk and now the three attempt with time running out.

Yeah this isn't one of my better starts to a bracket. I normally don't pick as many upsets as others. I picked more upsets this time around and look what happens-CHALK.

Paulus foul looked like they called a body foul on the guy guarding him...which is kinda sketchy when a guy is trapped, but I've seen it called before. Not the worst call we've seen duke get in the past though ;p

I think the most daring I got in my bracket is Illinois in the Sweet 16. Other than that, I played it pretty safe. I have three 1 seeds and a 2 in the Final Four.

Guest Queen Leelee

C'mon Dukies!

I always thought VCU would win, but since just about anyone who follows college basketball hopes Duke loses, I'll play the odds and take them.

And I hate Pitt, so I put Duke in the Sweet 16 of every pool.

I totally am blacklisting Leelee for hating pitt...

But then again, I'd hate them too if it wasn't a hometown team deal, they're SO boring to watch. Heh.

Going into this slate of games today, I felt the winners were quite obvious with the only exception being the ODU/Butler game, which I flip-flopped throughout my many brackets except for the big money ones, for those I went with Butler.

Duke/VCU is easily the best game thus far today and looking at what's ahead, it'll probably remain the best game of the night. I had VCU in a few of them but my two big brackets sees Duke winning. It's one loss, so it wouldn't kill me anyways.