TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/16 airing

Take that, Mistico!

Edit: What the hell? There's nothing above me.

Smackdown spoilers from Trenton

Thanks to Dan Wahlers and Paul Jacobi:

Dark match

Henry Godwinn & Cousin Cletus (Ray Gordy) b Deuce & Domino

Smackdown

It started with MizTV interviewing Batista. The big spot was Miz had the lights turned off in the middle of the interview as a rib on Batista that Undertaker was coming out. Batista took the rib good naturedly by giving Miz a Batista bomb.

Matt Hardy b Mr. Kennedy in 20:00 clean with a twist of fate. Good match.

MVP b El Gran Latte (a great cup of coffee), the masked champion on Honduras. Well, you can figure out who they are mad at this week. Quick squash. He challenged Benoit after and Teddy Long made the match for Mania. Benoit came out and they had a brawl with Benoit getting the better of it.

Booker and Finlay were backstage arguing about who was going to win Money in the Bank. Hornswoggle (Little Bastard) was harassing Sharmell.

Undertaker b Booker via DQ in 15:00. Batista was on commentary. Undertaker had the match won when Finlay interfered. They were beating him down and Batista stood there and wouldn't help. Undertaker made his own comeback, and on purpose, threw Finlay over the desk onto Batista. Batista and Undertaker glared at each other but didn't come to blows

MNM & Melina b London & Kendrick & Ashley with the snapshot on London. Focus at the end was Melina vs. Ashley.

Jillian sang badly, which may have been dark.

Kane vs. Daivari had no finish. Kane used that nasty chain and sickle deal from "See No Evil" to drag Daivari out of the building.

Lots of fans, as in a strong percentage, left before ECW started

Post ECW dark

Undertaker & Kane b MVP & Kennedy in about 10:00

Not sure I get the point of the vague Mistico burial. It seems like the sorta SHOOT crap Vince Russo would do, like when he said "this is when I'm supposed to play chicken shit heel" to Ric Flair on Nitro and no one in the crowd knew what he was talking about. :lol:

Not sure I get the point of the vague Mistico burial. It seems like the sorta SHOOT crap Vince Russo would do, like when he said "this is when I'm supposed to play chicken shit heel" to Ric Flair on Nitro and no one in the crowd knew what he was talking about. :lol:

JBL, King Booker, and Malenko all were pushing hard to get him signed. The dumbass shows up, does a tryout match (which is praised) and then tells Johnny Ace, "Oh--I just remembered I have contract with CMLL...sorry."

Matt Hardy b Mr. Kennedy in 20:00 clean with a twist of fate. Good match.

I'm cool with this.

I'm not.

So they'll job Punk, who shows sign of a future. But they don't job Hardy, who let's face it, is going no where.

Yeah, no current stars ever lost matches early in their WWE careers, or in any other leagues. He's ruined.

He's beaten Booker, Batista, Undertaker, Benoit, Rey, and Lashley..but he loses to Matt Hardy? I mean, most of those matches ended by DQ, countout, or cheating, but still...its Matt Hardy.

JBL, King Booker, and Malenko all were pushing hard to get him signed. The dumbass shows up, does a tryout match (which is praised) and then tells Johnny Ace, "Oh--I just remembered I have contract with CMLL...sorry."

Yeah, what he did was stupid. My point wasn't to the contrary, it was WWE is wasting time by burying someone when most fans aren't going to know the reference.

Yeah, what he did was stupid. My point wasn't to the contrary, it was WWE is wasting time by burying someone when most fans aren't going to know the reference.

It was a squash match to put over MVP and set up the Benoit/MVP announcement for WM. How is it wasting time? It served a purpose for the non-informed fans and it was a not so subtle dig at Mistico for that stunt he pulled.

It was a squash match to put over MVP and set up the Benoit/MVP announcement for WM. How is it wasting time? It served a purpose for the non-informed fans and it was a not so subtle dig at Mistico for that stunt he pulled.

Subtle or not, a large percentage of the fanbase isn't going to get it. Hell, they could bring out a masked jobber called "La Mistica de Tepita" and the majority of fans aren't going to get the reference. It's an established worker beating a one-time jobber, who they've never seen before and will never see again, period.

MVP going over some unknown doesn't do him as much good as if he went over an actual WWE contracted name. Even if it were someone like Scotty. It goes back to him winning over some unknown in his debut, when his gimmick was 'this guy isn't as good as he makes out'.

EDIT: And I have no idea what went wrong with my first post. Odd.

MVP going over some unknown doesn't do him as much good as if he went over an actual WWE contracted name. Even if it were someone like Scotty. It goes back to him winning over some unknown in his debut, when his gimmick was 'this guy isn't as good as he makes out'.

EDIT: And I have no idea what went wrong with my first post. Odd.

Exactly what I was thinking. The shoot aspect of it is pointless because 95% of the SmackDown fans don't get the reference, and it reverts back to MVP's debut. How does beating up a one-time jobber make him look like a threat to a former World Champion and legit badass? It'd be like if they booked Umaga to beat local jobbers again to hype the WM match.

-I wonder why they didn't just do the ECW taping before SmackDown to prevent fans from leaving.

-So what was the point of Chavo winning the cruiserweight title if he hasn't been featured on the show sence he won it?

-So whats the deal with MNM? could they just randomly show up on any show they want?

-Matt Hardy beat Kennedy. sweet. Hardy is really overdue for a US Title run.

No one is going to remember he beat a masked jobber in two weeks anyway. No harm, no foul.

Once again, this coincides with my point exactly. No one's going to remember. It's not going to bury Mistico since no one knows WTF the shoot aspect of the match is, and it doesn't do anything to get MVP over as a threat to Benoit. The match doesn't make him (MVP) look bad by any means (no harm no foul), but it doesn't do anything to add heat to the Wrestlemania feud (no advancement of the angle). Hence, a waste of time.

It adds some advancement. The cocky MVP beats a nobody, calls out Benoit, gets his ass kicked real quick and then runs off. That should make people want to see Benoit do more of it.

I'm sure the "brawl" didn't last more then 20 seconds. It's not like Benoit punched him, kicked him, stunned him and threw beer on MVP for 15 minutes or to the point that no one will believe MVP has a chance to win.

It transistioned into the announcement that the match would take place and led to the brawl. That was the purpose. Mid-carders do squashes quite often.

How was Snitsky squashing two jobbers any different from MVP squashing a masked jobber who was given a smarky nick name for a certain demographic that'd get it and in the process doesn't put the non-knowing viewers out of place.

It's quite a persnickety thing to be bothered by.

Ken Kennedy jobbed big deal, he's likely going to win MITB.

Besides, this isn't the 1st time Kennedy jobbed to Matt Hardy, so stop whining.

It transistioned into the announcement that the match would take place and led to the brawl. That was the purpose. Mid-carders do squashes quite often.

How was Snitsky squashing two jobbers any different from MVP squashing a masked jobber who was given a smarky nick name for a certain demographic that'd get it and in the process doesn't put the non-knowing viewers out of place.

It's quite a persnickety thing to be bothered by.

Oh god...

Midcards squash people, sure. But as the build to Wrestlemania? TWO WEEKS before Wrestlemania? The only purpose this serves is for WWE to thumb its nose at someone who dicked them around. And as far as Snitsky squashing two jobbers, you say that as if it's something I'd get behind, or even care about. Snitsky's a crappy wrestler on a crappy brand, and they're trying to repackage him. MVP on the other hand has a great gimmick and is slated for a big match at Wrestlemania. They're on completely different wavelengths right now.

Woah woah... hold up. WWE wasted it's time with a sublte dig that casual fans won't get under the guise of a regular squash match?

This is a totally unprecedented deal. I'm sure Mike "Virgil (Runnels)" Jones and Jillian "Brooke Hogan level singing" Hall are offended that they're erased from history (especially since the latter is still ongoing) as well as several others through out history.

That's more of a reason to whine..one time might be acceptable but jobbing twice to Matt Hardy is even worse. I'm not saying Kennedy is doomed to fail now or anything like that, and I don't think this will even be remembered in a month's time. I just think it's a stupid idea to have one of the front runners to win MITB lose to the guy who in my opinion has the lowest shot of winning.

That's more of a reason to whine..one time might be acceptable but jobbing twice to Matt Hardy is even worse. I'm not saying Kennedy is doomed to fail now or anything like that, and I don't think this will even be remembered in a month's time. I just think it's a stupid idea to have one of the front runners to win MITB lose to the guy who in my opinion has the lowest shot of winning.

Who gives a fuck, if anything it could be used as a storyline for later events. They could use the fact that Matt Hardy has Kennedy's number when Kennedy becomes a main eventer and they wrestle. Sorta like Benjamin/HHH, and Benoit/HHH.

And how is it a stupid idea to have one of the front runners to win MITB to lose to a guy who isn't likely to win? If anything it helps make the match look like it anyone could win it. Kennedy will recover from it.

This is one of the matches I'm looking forward to the most. I think everyone has a shot of winning it, save maybe Finlay, Jeff, or Matt. But then again, you never know what's going to happen.

And then the dirtsheets come out. :P

Well, besides the slim-line ECW roster and the fact it was two on one as opposed to one on one thus making it more reliant in jobbers getting squashed (see Scott Steiner), Snitsky's not being built up to challenge for a title at WrestleMania. MVP is.

They could have done the exact same thing with a name wrestler and accomplished the same thing, but also made it seem like MVP deserves a title shot. This does nothing for anyone.