TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The OAO Raw Hot Sell for WM 23 (March 26th)

I thought Batty would pin Shawn, who Cena accidently hit, leading to the kick. Oh well.

Shawn, go 97 heel now.

Batista > Cena now on the pecking order.

Heel HBK..haha..then when HHH comes back he can save the day from the Evil HBK..omg

Good Raw. Not perfect, but good. The Cutting Edge segment, JR's induction, and the end of the main event were the highlights.

I haven't watched Raw for a whilw now, so it looks like I picked a good time to start watching again.

I'd mark if McMahon comes into the ring after the post-11:00 break just like 10 years ago:

Vince: John Cena, you must be terribly frusturated.

Cena: *pushes Vince down* Frusturated isn't the GODDAMN word for it, this is BULLSHIT!!!

Just to think that happened 10 years ago scares the hell out of me.

They want to really emphasize the sell of that and Mania I guess.

I thought they were just trying to do a little bait and switch lead in to that Lookout promo...

Batista isn't higher than Cena on the pecking order due to Michaels turning on Cena tonight. All it reinforces to me is that Batista is soooooo jobbing his ass off on Sunday. He fucking better be anyway. The finish tonight was actually an amusing and creative way of letting Batista/UT get that win back from No Way Out, while having everyone turn on everyone. And of course at WM Shawn will be jobbing, but it'll be in a way where the feud will actually just begin with Cena. It won't be a blowoff.

Lashley jobbing to Vince was still retarded. It was so blatant from last week and once Coach made it a no DQ match I think everyone knew the run ins were happening. Also seemed like a botched finish to me. Lashley looked like a tool tonight in that whole scenario. I mean he had to know Vince had some scheme planned, so why did he not have any sort of backup to help him? I guess nobody else on ECW likes the guy.

Lashley jobbing to Vince was still retarded. It was so blatant from last week and once Coach made it a no DQ match I think everyone knew the run ins were happening. Also seemed like a botched finish to me. Lashley looked like a tool tonight in that whole scenario. I mean he had to know Vince had some scheme planned, so why did he not have any sort of backup to help him? I guess nobody else on ECW likes the guy.

No one unauthorized will run in, or they lose their jobs.

According to the announcers, all those guys were authorized.

No one unauthorized will run in, or they lose their jobs.

According to the announcers, all those guys were authorized.

Also, at this point, would you WANT to piss off Vince? Cause that's what it would do.

First time in two years one of the World Title wrestlers hasn't gotten new theme music leading into WM. (Cena, Rey)

Who says they won't for mania? If they did the whole Conan/king of kings thing and Mobster cena last year, they may do it this year too.

I'm going to go ahead and predict a wild crowd this year at WM. They've been booking the face/heel lines so clearly that it's almost guaranteed the crowd is going to rebel against the booking. Especially since PPV crowds seem either more intelligent or more desperate to do something wonky that'll get them remembered a year later.

I'm fully expecting Batista to get buried by the crowd. I'm also expecting Lashley to be turned on due to his association with Trump, who will probably be getting "Fuck you Donald" chants and the like. The fact is while most wrestling fans don't like McMahon's in-ring character, just about everyone hates Trump's out-of-ring character. Anyone who believes himself to be such a serious important person as Trump does is going to get the shit booed out of him at a major wrestling show.

I'm going to go ahead and predict a wild crowd this year at WM. They've been booking the face/heel lines so clearly that it's almost guaranteed the crowd is going to rebel against the booking. Especially since PPV crowds seem either more intelligent or more desperate to do something wonky that'll get them remembered a year later.

I'm fully expecting Batista to get buried by the crowd. I'm also expecting Lashley to be turned on due to his association with Trump, who will probably be getting "Fuck you Donald" chants and the like. The fact is while most wrestling fans don't like McMahon's in-ring character, just about everyone hates Trump's out-of-ring character. Anyone who believes himself to be such a serious important person as Trump does is going to get the shit booed out of him at a major wrestling show.

Oh man, I hope this is true, but I won't expect it. With 70,000 people present (ie, a much bigger than normal Mania crowd), I would think it would be tougher to have a crowd turn against a storyline (ie, cheer for the heel), only because the percentage of # of people attending likely goes up in the categories of children + women, who usually cheer the babyface/heels and are less likely to "try and make a statement". Chicago (last year) and NYC (WM XX) were easier venues to have something like this happen b/c of the rabid/vocal fanbase in these cities and that they are smaller venues than Detroit's, in my opinion.

Edge was great this week, as usual. WWE should put him in a the title picture after Mania. This time, give him a long run! I would prefer a feud with HBK, NOT Cena.

I REALLY hope WWE doesn't cross the line by ending Taker's Mania streak. If they do, there's no going back. I love the streak.

Why not just job Batista out? Can anyone think of a possible reason to not just job him totally out at WM? Clean and right in the middle of the ring. I have yet to hear anyone suggest Batista winning could possibly be a good idea.