AmazingRen

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/13

Smackdown spoilers from Providence

by Ryan McFarland

Real quick spoilers from Providence.

Dark Match:

Burchill d. Flash Funk

Smackdown:

Teddy Long came out. Announced Batista vs Undertaker rematch for Backlash.

Finlay vs Kennedy was a non match. Kennedy apologized to Finlay for what happened at Mania. Finlay accepted and agreed with Ken that there shouldnt be a match. Long came back out and said both would be fighting Undertaker and Batista in the main event.

London and Kendrick d. Duece and Domino via DQ. Pretty long match ending when D&D refuse to listen to the refs warning of double teams... thus a DQ. D&D were furious. They went into Long's office and questioned the officials decision but Long said they need to learn to abide by the rules.

MVP d. Chris Benoit (Non Title). A good 20 minute match back and fourth. Benoit missed a diving headbutt giving MVP the advantage. MVP wins with a roll up and using the ropes.

Kane d. Davari. Squash match. Regal and Taylor come out post match and work over Kane.

Batista and Undertaker d. Kennedy and Finlay. Pretty average match with Undertaker choke slamming Batista at the finish then Batista tagging himself in. Batista bomb on Kennedy 1-2-3. Taker & Batista teased turning on each other through out.

Nothing note worthy off screen on ECW.

Dark Match Main Event:

Batisa vs. Undertaker but I Didn't stick around for it.

Ryan McFarland

Sounds like another good show. Only four matches (well one was a squash) which means those matches got alot of time. Nice to see Regal and Taylor being used again and giving MVP a reason to get his rematch by having him defeat Benoit.

Guest Johnny B Radd

Should be of note that Batista vs Taker will be a Last Man Standing match

Word is Vince has told Undertaker that he is in for a long run with the belt as long as he can give him a full-time commitment. 'Taker however needs a full hip replacement, so that idea is still up in the air. Looks like you'll see 'Taker back on the house show scene soon.

Batisa vs. Undertaker but I Didn't stick around for it.

That makes me sad.

Guest jonnymack

Sounds like a pretty damn good show to me. Some good long matches and nary a Vince promo in sight.

Batista and Undertaker d. Kennedy and Finlay. Pretty average match with Undertaker choke slamming Batista at the finish then Batista tagging himself in. Batista bomb on Kennedy 1-2-3. Taker & Batista teased turning on each other through out.

I'm guessing that should of said Taker ckoked slammed Kennedy and Batista tagged himself in?

Burchill vs Flash Funk as the dark match - Lets hope both head to ECW, with Funk as 2ColdScorpio of course.

I assume Kane vs Regal/Taylor for Backlash. Where has Khali been? He wins his WM match vs Kane and disappears?

London and Kendrick beat D&D - Who's left (assuming Kane vanquishes Regal and Taylor)? Me thinks we're going to see London and Kendrick vs Hardy Boys in a unification match. This would allow the tag title holders to wrestle on any show.

London and Kendrick beat D&D - Who's left (assuming Kane vanquishes Regal and Taylor)? Me thinks we're going to see London and Kendrick vs Hardy Boys in a unification match. This would allow the tag title holders to wrestle on any show.

Judging by the spoilers, I doubt the London & Kendrick Vs. D&D feud is over.

I can't be the only one that saw D&D and first thought Dungeons and Dragons. I'd like to see a tag team of D&D geeks and using their dice to decide a finishing move. Roll 20!

Some notes, as I was there front row live:

Kennedy got a big babyface reaction coming out, but when they scrapped the Finlay/Kennedy match and Kennedy sucked up to Finlay, the crowd booed the hell out of it.

Hornswoggle came out from under the ring after SD! had finished taping. He was never used in the match, but I don't know if he did his little "peek from under the ring" deal by the commentators.

Flash Funk/Scorpio looked a little rusty, and Burchill looks like he's been deprogrammed into a punch/kick/resthold heel. He came out wearing his ski mask that he uses in his current "Ripper" (as in Jack The Ripper) gimmick in OVW.

UT/Batista dark match ended in a no-contest when D&D, Helms and Chavo, and Kennedy and Finlay all ran in one after the other. Faces cleaned house and did their staredown to end the night.

Finlay vs Kennedy was a non match. Kennedy apologized to Finlay for what happened at Mania. Finlay accepted and agreed with Ken that there shouldnt be a match. Long came back out and said both would be fighting Undertaker and Batista in the main event.

"We've amicably settled our differences and see no reason for violence..."

"LIKE HELL YOU HAVE"

I can't be the only one that saw D&D and first thought Dungeons and Dragons. I'd like to see a tag team of D&D geeks and using their dice to decide a finishing move. Roll 20!

Id totally support that tag team.

I was awfully young at the time, so I might not have this correct, but didn't the York Foundation map out matches with a computer in this same fashion?

I was awfully young at the time, so I might not have this correct, but didn't the York Foundation map out matches with a computer in this same fashion?

They just had a computer that said they would be so and so in a certain amount of time... and of course WCW was so cheap, they had a fake one that wasn't even on when the camera was on it. Might have been the worst faction in history.

Guest Sertac

SmackDown! sounds pretty good, I'm interested in seeing MVP vs. Chris Benoit 'cause I liked their WM match.

Burchill vs Flash Funk as the dark match - Lets hope both head to ECW, with Funk as 2ColdScorpio of course.

I assume Kane vs Regal/Taylor for Backlash. Where has Khali been? He wins his WM match vs Kane and disappears?

Khali was on Raw last week where he squashed Super Crazy

They could just do that handicap match on smackdown cuz i dont think they are gonna add too many matches from other brands

WWE is always trying to create the next Rock. It's going to be someone like MVP who has a ton of over looked potential that becomes the next huge superstar. Five years from now there will be a MVP DVD where JR says his outfits held him back early on and Brisco blames an old Bischoff creation.

That London/Kendrick vs. D & D match was bizarre. What the hell did Deuce do that warranted a DQ? They were just doing a typical tandem offense spot and the ref calls for the bell. This is similar to late 1992 when Slaughter was the commish in the WWF and had guys DQ'd for pulling the tights and crap.

I've never seen that counter Benoit did to the suplex tonight. Good stuff.

As far as Kennedy goes, am I the only one who finds his buildup a bit strange? He doesn't really seem terribly credible even with the MITB. I would be willing to bet he's the first MITB winner who just jobs when he cashes it in. Cause aside from his win he jobbed to Matt Hardy a while ago on SD, has conclusively gotten waxed by UT, Batista, and Lashley, and generally doesn't seem like a world champ to me. If by some chance he did successfully cash it in, he'd be like Edge and get a 3 week run.