TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

2. “Who the hell is Anthony Michael Hall playing in TDK?”

Exactly. Who the hell IS he playing? AMH talks as if it's a key role and fans have speculated everything from Roman Sionis to The Riddler to Jean Paul Valley. I was told that he's playing a villain -- one not created for the movie, but is from the comic books.

UPDATE (11/14/07): AMH is playing a news reporter named "Engel" who has some sort of personal "issue" with Bruce Wayne.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/6_burning_questions_TDK.html

Got missed with all the excitement about the viral marketing.

I agree 100%, sure The Joker should have a few cronies who are no threat to anyone but that hardly even counts. When they had more then 1 villain it always felt much watered down to me. That was one of my problems with Spider-Man 3, too many villains.

Also, that poster is freckin awesome!

They did two last time and it didn't bother me at all (3 if you include Falcone)

I hated when they did it in the last Batman series...but this one seems to craft a world around the bad guys instead of just having someone pop in like an episode of the Adam West Batman.

Indeed. That poster is phenominal!

Also, I'm even more hyped for this movie because

This is Heath Ledger's first villainous role. To prepare for it, Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's posture, voice and psychology. He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance, and he also looked at the books Batman: The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Ultimately, "there’s nothing that consistent", as his main objective was to frighten the audience. Playing the role put a strain on the actor's sleeping patterns.

Jerry Robinson, one of the Joker's co-creators, was consulted on the character's portrayal. Nolan chose not to give the villain an origin story because, "To me, the Joker is an absolute. There are no shades of gray to him [...] He bursts in just as he did in the comics."

:headbang:

I love Ledger in this role. A lot of people's first thought seems to be "but Brokeback..." if you can look past that it's easy to see that he could fit perfectly into this role. Hell, don't even look past that, look to that, I can't imagine that it was an easy role, should only say more for him as an actor

This is Heath Ledger's first villainous role. To prepare for it, Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month, formulating the character's posture, voice and psychology. He started a diary, in which he wrote the Joker's thoughts and feelings to guide himself during his performance, and he also looked at the books Batman: The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth. Ultimately, "there’s nothing that consistent", as his main objective was to frighten the audience. Playing the role put a strain on the actor's sleeping patterns.

Jerry Robinson, one of the Joker's co-creators, was consulted on the character's portrayal. Nolan chose not to give the villain an origin story because, "To me, the Joker is an absolute. There are no shades of gray to him [...] He bursts in just as he did in the comics."

I heard about his diary in another article. Apparently, Joker finds AIDs to be hilarious.

I heard about his diary in another article. Apparently, Joker finds AIDs to be hilarious.

I think that actually might be a Grant Morrison comic. I could swear I remember reading that in a comic somewhere.

Viewers will be able to get an extended sneak peek at "The Dark Knight," but only if they see "I Am Legend."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the first six minutes of the "Batman Begins" sequel will appear as a preview before fellow Warner Bros. release "I Am Legend."

But don't expect to see that footage, which introduces Heath Ledger's Joker character, if you go to see the Will Smith thriller on a plain, old, ordinary big screen.

No, Christopher Nolan directed several sequences of "The Dark Knight" in a 70mm IMAX format and the prologue is one of those scenes, so only IMAX screenings of "I Am Legend" will be graced by the Batman tease.

When "The Dark Knight" goes into wide theatrical release next summer, those IMAX sequences will be reformatted for standard screen sizes and the 70 mm scenes will appear letterboxed.

The six-minute opening was screened earlier this week for a number of industry observers and journalists. It reportedly features a bank heist gone bad and doesn't include Christian Bale's Batman at all.

"I Am Legend" opens on Dec. 14. "The Dark Knight" will premiere on July 18.

Ugh, IMAX only.

Thank you for posting that, wow that looks amazing, i had some doubts about Ledger but after hearing him laugh they are all gone.

Holy shit, that's great. Ledger was so awesome.

"Evening Commissioner"