TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

If the whole movie was IMAX, that might get me to go see it in the re-release even though the DVD is out... but as it stands, I'd rather just watch the DVD at home, especially since I'll be worn out by watching the DVD so many times at that point.

Source: CinemaBlend:

If you habla a little Espanol, you can get some information on my personally most desired upcoming Blu-ray release, The Dark Knight. The Blu-ray is due out on December 9th. PlanetaHD has information about the audio and extras for the two-disc set. Since my high school Spanish is very rusty, I was glad the guys at Blu-ray.com were able to translate.

According to these reports, the first disc will include the movie and a featurette called “Gotham Discovered: The Creation of a Scene.” Director Christopher Nolan explains the planning of the movie, IMAX filming, and the new Batsuit. The second disc includes the featurettes “Batman Technology: Gadgets and Tools,” "Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight" and "The World of Batman Seen Through Real Life Psychotherapy,” all of which sound self-explanitory. There will also be 6 clips from the Gotham Cable newscast: “Tonight in Gotham” plus art galleries, concept art, posters, stills, trailers and TV spots. The usual suspects.

For the audiophiles out there, the Blu-ray will feature a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack. So get your cowl out or paint your face white and green this Christmas and enjoy Gotham City exploding.

Personally I'm hoping for, at the very least, deleted scenes and perhaps a blooper reel. Though that last is more a pipe dream.

Supposedly the only deleted scene is The Joker leaving the party and, when asked by a henchman if he'll still kill Dent, he replies "I'm a man of my word". It leads to the cops finding the bodies of Harvey and Dent.

I like the 2-Disc Blu Ray case. I'm a fan of novelty cases like that.

If you like that, you should get the Iron Man 2-disc set from Target. It comes in a replica of the Mark 3 helmet.

If you like that, you should get the Iron Man 2-disc set from Target. It comes in a replica of the Mark 3 helmet.

What a surprise...i bought that tonight.

Is that standard DVD or Bluray?

Check this set out:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=24100

Standard.

That set is sweet; alas, I can't afford it.

Is that standard DVD or Bluray?

Check this set out:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.a...amp;catid=24100

Standard.

That set is sweet; alas, I can't afford it.

Fuck the helmet case at Target! I am all about this one soon as I get some extra cash. Could definitely do some damage with the $50 Sideshow card!

Target's helmet case is available on both Blu-ray and DVD.

As for the Best Buy gift set, it's Blu-ray only in Canada and DVD only in the U.S.

The $50 Sideshow gift card has some restrictions. It can only be used on select items and it can't be applied toward sales tax or shipping.

Personally, I went with the steelbook at FYE.

As for the Best Buy gift set, it's Blu-ray only in Canada and DVD only in the U.S.

The $50 Sideshow gift card has some restrictions. It can only be used on select items and it can't be applied toward sales tax or shipping.

WHAT??!?!?!?

If only the nearest Best Buy wasn't 30 minutes from my house

So... there's a chance I'm gonna end up with 2 copies of Iron Man on Blu-Ray in the Canada only steelbook. Damn eBay. If it goes down and I end up with both, I'd be willing to sell one.

That has to be one of the dumbest "exclusivity" gimmicks I've ever seen or heard of.

Steelbook at FYE? Anyone got a photo of that?

fa76_1.JPG

Color me a little underwhelmed. Steel Books don't really do much for me, and the extra cost isn't justified, IMO.

The Iron Man steelbook looks better in person. FYE is currently running a promotion which allows you to get certain new releases for $9.99 if you trade in 3 DVDs. There's also a $7 mail-in rebate. So, if your local FYE is running the promotion, and you have some DVDs you'd like to dump, it might be worth checking out. Just don't go in expecting to dump some cheap lame-ass DVDs.

FYE will also be having a steelbook for The Dark Knight.

Steelbook at FYE? Anyone got a photo of that?

fa76_1.JPG

Color me a little underwhelmed. Steel Books don't really do much for me, and the extra cost isn't justified, IMO.

Ditto. I'm not big on steelbooks at all. The tech they use to "screen" the art on them sucks ass as it can easily be scratched off by other DVD cases in a shelving unit.

Normally I'd agree about the steelbooks getting scratched, my friends all have that problem. The only steelbook I have is The Departed, which is a fantastic cover.

thedepartedcanadabx8.jpg