TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The Dark Knight

Jolie's name is being touted for Catwoman somewhere down the line, don't know if this old news in regards to the Original Catwoman movie resurfacing or what.

I like Angelina, but she wouldn't be able to disappear in character. And my main issue frankly, would be her lips. The whole idea of Catwoman's suit is that it's suppose to disguise her, but those lips would be way to obvious. If there is suppose to be interactions between both Batman/Catwoman and Bruce/Selina, Batman/Bruce should take one look at those lips and figure that out. He's not a moron.

Yeah, I'm feeling Helena Bonham-Carter on this one.

I could see a rich, MIT computer genius move into Gotham to take over Fox's job. He could be confused for Fox by The Penguin, based on info "snuck" out of Arkham. After the brutal attack, the genius becomes delusional, bent on destroying everything, even offering his services to The Penguin to help steal from the richest man in town, Bruce Wayne. This man is a hacker, known for leaving elaborate clues. The Riddler (Hugh Jackman).

Sorry, but this has to be one of the worst casting suggestions I've seen in this thread so far.

Will Arnett should play The Joker.

Besides, did anyone else find that Aaron Eckhardt was a better actor than Heath Ledger in this movie?

It's comparing the proverbial apples and oranges. I thought Eckhardt was fantastic and his roll asked him to carry a large portion of the film. At the same time I thought Ledger was note perfect in a roll that didn't have him carrying things so much as creating an aura of anything could happen.

Since Eckhardt DID carry his weight...and Ledger DID take an iconic character and redefine it...

I don't know how to judge them against each other.

Also I thought Gary Oldman was the best...

they wanted to do a Justice League movie before. I think IIRC they decided even at the early planning stages of that to keep Bale's batman seperate from it since it was a succesful franchise.

Good.

Keep the Bale/Nolan Batman out of that would be disaster of a movie.

I know I joke about this, but I seriously thought bps made Arnett comment so I was confused as to why he was replying to himself.

Here's something I was thinking about the other day - did Two-Face die in Batman Forever? It certainly seemed like he did, but why would they keep a dead man's jacket in Arkham (as seen in Batman & Robin)?

I've been going through Volume 1 of 2 of BTAS, waiting for 3 and 4 to arrive (probably Wednesday afternoon) and I really do like The Riddler episodes (John Glover is very good). I think a Nolan Riddler could work.

I know I joke about this, but I seriously thought bps made Arnett comment so I was confused as to why he was replying to himself.

Here's something I was thinking about the other day - did Two-Face die in Batman Forever? It certainly seemed like he did, but why would they keep a dead man's jacket in Arkham (as seen in Batman & Robin)?

I've been going through Volume 1 of 2 of BTAS, waiting for 3 and 4 to arrive (probably Wednesday afternoon) and I really do like The Riddler episodes (John Glover is very good). I think a Nolan Riddler could work.

Two-Face died in Batman Forever. He fell off the platform and crashed into those rocks. Batman & Robin doesn't make any sense in general.

Two-Face died in Batman Forever. He fell off the platform and crashed into those rocks. Batman & Robin doesn't make any sense in general.

That was when Bats threw a handful of silver dollars in the air right? It confused him so much he fell off the platform? Or am I mixing BTAS with something else?

I could see a rich, MIT computer genius move into Gotham to take over Fox's job. He could be confused for Fox by The Penguin, based on info "snuck" out of Arkham. After the brutal attack, the genius becomes delusional, bent on destroying everything, even offering his services to The Penguin to help steal from the richest man in town, Bruce Wayne. This man is a hacker, known for leaving elaborate clues. The Riddler (Hugh Jackman).

Sorry, but this has to be one of the worst casting suggestions I've seen in this thread so far.

I do believe about half the people on here said this about Heath Ledger as well.

Ummm...my basis for Hugh Jackman was The Prestige...which...I love....and Jackman and Bale had great chemistry in it. So, how is this worse than every other pick in this thread?

Wait...if the person flaming me is a moron (oh...he probably is) Nolan was behind The Prestige. It had Bale, Jackman, and Caine in it. I'm pretty sure it would work. But hell...what do I know? Not like I have inside info about the movies at all....

I think Jackman can stand up to Bale's look. And add a dark side, as he, other than his Wolverine thing, has proven to be quite the actor.

And...are you against my Hoffman pick for Penguin?

Ummm...my basis for Hugh Jackman was The Prestige...which...I love....and Jackman and Bale had great chemistry in it. So, how is this worse than every other pick in this thread?

Wait...if the person flaming me is a moron (oh...he probably is) Nolan was behind The Prestige. It had Bale, Jackman, and Caine in it. I'm pretty sure it would work. But hell...what do I know? Not like I have inside info about the movies at all....

I think Jackman can stand up to Bale's look. And add a dark side, as he, other than his Wolverine thing, has proven to be quite the actor.

And...are you against my Hoffman pick for Penguin?

I'm sorry, but you kinda sound like a film student trying to impress someone by saying the bolded statement. "Pfft, I've only gone to film school, what would *I* know about good movies? Pfft!" Just saying.

On that not, just because Nolan directed Bale, Jackman, and Caine in The Prestige, doesn't mean Jackman would make a good Riddler. Jackman has the "macho" stigma attached to him, and as the Riddler, no-one in the audience would believe it. Wolverine is now a nerdy guy who leaves riddles at the scene? No go, I say.

As far as PSH as The Penguin: No. The guy is a great actor, but no. The Penguin, even through all of his physical "defects," is supposed to be a pretty tough and intimidating guy (if I remember correctly), and PSH is NOT intimidating or tough. Bob Hoskins, I can see, especially if they make Penguin British. He has the gruff voice, that cold stare, and can look pretty scary. James Gandolfini is a big guy, which is enough for intimidation and tough, and he's proven he can play cold and calculating Mob guy. PSH? He's proven he can play Truman Capote. A good Penguin, he is not.

I think Hugh Jackman is underrated as an actor (watch him anything outside X-MEN and VAN HELSING), but I just don't he could work as The Riddler. I think he might have been a good Joker, but not a good Riddler, but hey, I thought Ledger was a bad choice for Joker at first (as did many).

As far as Penguin, that's a little tougher. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to step outside the box, and choose a no name for that part. Bob Hoskins isn't a horrible choice, but he may be too ild, and Gandolfini is a horrible choice. Hust because he played the head of a crime family on TV doesn't mean he can play any part involving a "tough" guy, on a side note Gandolfini was great in GET SHORTY.

As far as PSH as The Penguin: No. The guy is a great actor, but no. The Penguin, even through all of his physical "defects," is supposed to be a pretty tough and intimidating guy (if I remember correctly), and PSH is NOT intimidating or tough. Bob Hoskins, I can see, especially if they make Penguin British. He has the gruff voice, that cold stare, and can look pretty scary. James Gandolfini is a big guy, which is enough for intimidation and tough, and he's proven he can play cold and calculating Mob guy. PSH? He's proven he can play Truman Capote. A good Penguin, he is not.

I wouldn't write off PSH out-of-hand. A lot of people questioned Heath Ledger for similar reasons, but we've seen how that choice worked out. If he has the acting chops, I don't see why he couldn't be.

Of course, I'll dismiss Hugh Jackman out-of-hand because I don't think Warner Brothers would cast a villain in a Batman movie with a guy who is associated with one of Marvel's most popular characters ever.

As far as Penguin, that's a little tougher. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to step outside the box, and choose a no name for that part. Bob Hoskins isn't a horrible choice, but he may be too ild, and Gandolfini is a horrible choice. Hust because he played the head of a crime family on TV doesn't mean he can play any part involving a "tough" guy, on a side note Gandolfini was great in GET SHORTY.

I actually counted the "Tony Soprano" thing against him, as it's an iconic role (or close enough to one) and might be too distracting to get around. But acting-wise, I don't see why he couldn't do it. He looks enough like the Penguin to do the character, but removes all the freakish parts about him (Most notably, he's not nearly as short as traditional Penguin is). Gandolfini knows how to play reserved and cool very well, and I don't see him just playing Tony Soprano over again. I don't see why he's at all a horrible choice.

Will Arnett should play The Joker.

Besides, did anyone else find that Aaron Eckhardt was a better actor than Heath Ledger in this movie?

I was going to suggest Arnett as well. Eckhardt flat out rocked in this film.

"Riddler's Reform" was one of my favorite episodes. I really liked "If Your So Smart, Why aren't You Rich?" as well. I didn't like "What is Reality?" that much though, its just too bizarre. I too, like the Bob Hoskins for the Penguin, as I've always been a mark for the guy, and he wouldn't be distracting due to star power. I think the Penguin will be in the next movie, since like what someone said, the mob is going to need somebody. Catwoman should be the love interest, and somewhat of a villain, and the Riddler should be the main villain. Didn't Gary Oldman say in an interview recently, that the Riddler might be the villain in the next one? And I think the Penguin was actually included in early scripts for The Dark Knight, so he might be in the next one, and they need a love interest, so there's Catwoman.

Ok nightwing, maybe horrible was the wrong word, I just can't see him in that role, but like I also stated, many people said the same thing about Ledger. Nolan seems like a good enough director to get the best out of his actors, so anything is possible.

I'm in the camp of people that feel that Aaron Echardt was amazing. I told my friends, I didn't think Ledger should get a nomination for an Oscar, but if he did then Echardt deserved it more as he did as good if not better in his role.

There is an explanation for the jacket. The original beginning of Forever was having Two-Face escaping Arkham, so in theory the jacket in the Arkham property room could be from when Two-Face was initially captured.

Wait...if the person flaming me is a moron (oh...he probably is)

Wow, way to try to make it personal. FYI, I wasn't flaming you. Just stating my opinion. *shock*

they wanted to do a Justice League movie before. I think IIRC they decided even at the early planning stages of that to keep Bale's batman seperate from it since it was a succesful franchise.

Good.

Keep the Bale/Nolan Batman out of that would be disaster of a movie.

Actually, if I remember it correctly- Bale said he didn't want to star as Batman in a non-Nolan movie, or something along those line. More absurdly was Brandon Routh flat out saying he wouldn't play Superman in a JL movie, despite having only one movie under his belt at the time- Superman Returns.

Thats the key to Nolan's Batman movies, he picks indie actors, but they also have had major movies too. So even though these actors are very good and are known for independent work, they also have had some mainstream movies too. Even though Goyer says that Penguin or Catwoman won't be in the next film, do you honestly think Warner Bros. is going to agree? Considering The Dark Knight has done record breaking business, with villains from past films, I don't believe Goyer at all. I mean it would be weird to see the Joker and Two-Face, then all of a sudden go to Black Mask. I would like to see the Ventriloquist in a movie though, since he's so damn creepy. I don't think it matters what villains are in the next movie though, since I think Nolan will make a killer movie anyway.

Black Mask should be played by Joaquin Phoenix, and the Riddler should be played by Jude Law. Maybe.

Good to see that Catwoman might not be in the next movie. Not a big fan.

Did Goyer even write The Dark Knight? I thought it was only Chris and Johnathon Nolan. By the way, is it even possible to have Black Mask in a movie? I mean, wouldn't the movie have to be rated R? I thought that was one reason why he wasn't on the animated series. Too violent.