TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Raw Spoilers

- RAW got underway with Shane McMahon heading to the ring, dressed in a baseball shirt and ready to wrestle. A recap of last week’s show in Italy was shown before Shane said that Bobby Lashley wasn’t in London tonight. Shane then issued an open challenge to the fans. Everybody volunteered. He mentioned Jose Mourinho (Chelsea Football Club manager) who is sat front row. Lots of booing for Mourinho. Shane then said that he had a British guy backstage who beat up six guys in a pub last night, and introduced him. The British guy was veteran wrestler Robbie Brookside, who came out to some terrible entrance music complete with trumpets.

- Shane McMahon vs Robbie Brookside got underway. This is no DQ. Shane brought out the trash can and did the coast-to-coast spot. Brookside was knocked out. Shane took the mic and said it’s now a 2-on-1 handicap match, introducing Umaga. Umaga continued to beat up Brookside before Shane made it a 3-on-1 handicap match, which led to Vince coming out in a suit and hat. Vince got into the ring and covered Brookside to get the win. They celebrated, with Brookside laid in the ring, not moving at all.

- Footage was shown from Lance Cade beating Jeff Hardy on last week’s show.

- Matt Hardy (w/Jeff) vs Trevor Murdoch (w/Cade) is next. Murdoch won with a reverse powerbomb of sorts after Cade interfered.

- They advertised Edge vs Randy Orton on the videoscreen. May well have been put up there as an error as there’s no plan to even run an angle on the show, let alone a match.

- Melina beat Maria quickly.

- The Great Khali headed to the ring. His opponent? Carlito. Somebody remains in the doghouse. Khali won quick after his double choke slam finisher, and pinned Carlito with one foot. Afterwards, Ric Flair came out to help Carlito. They argued, and headed to the back separately.

- Mick Foley appeared on the Titantron wearing a suit. He talked about the Backlash main event. Edge interrupts him, and also talks about the Backlash four-way and tonight’s John Cena vs Shawn Michaels match.

- Shawn Michaels is shown backstage. Cena approaches him, and they talk about respect and who is the better man. The main event is up next.

- John Cena vs Shawn Michaels is up. It’s non-title don’t forget. Some basic wrestling to get started, then they step things up a notch with some slaps and punches. Pretty slow paced match, and the crowd aren’t particularly into it. Perhaps Mick will have noticed the post-Mania “slump” I mentioned in our interview with him this past weekend. Michaels hit an elbow off the top, then started to work over Cena’s arm. The crowd aren’t booing Cena out of the building by any means. 50/50 divide on support for him.

Cena made his comeback and hit the FU, but Michaels kicked out. Cena continued to dominate. Michaels took a nasty bump over the top turnbuckle and hurt his back. Cena hit a leg drop off the top for a two count. They’ve gone past the 30 minute mark, and the crowd are totally into the match. Cena reversed a piledriver on the steel steps and backdropped Michaels. He locked in the STFU but Michaels managed to reach the ropes. Michaels then got back on top and hit Cena with Sweet Chin Music to get the win. Big pop for the win.

- After the match (and RAW) ended, Todd Grisham got on the mic and put over the main event, saying it was one of the greatest matches in RAW history. He thanked the crowd and the show ended.

Wrestlemag

- Mick Foley appeared on the Titantron wearing a suit. He talked about the Backlash main event. Edge interrupts him, and also talks about the Backlash four-way and tonight’s John Cena vs Shawn Michaels match.

- Shawn Michaels is shown backstage. Cena approaches him, and they talk about respect and who is the better man. The main event is up next.

- John Cena vs Shawn Michaels is up. Some basic wrestling to get started, then they step things up a notch with some slaps and punches. Pretty slow paced match, and the crowd aren’t particularly into it. Perhaps Mick will have noticed the post-Mania “slump” I mentioned in our interview with him this past weekend. Michaels hit an elbow off the top, then started to work over Cena’s arm. The crowd aren’t booing Cena out of the building by any means. 50/50 divide on support for him. Cena made his comeback and hit the FU, but Michaels kicked out. Cena continued to dominate. Michaels took a nasty bump over the top turnbuckle and hurt his back. Cena hit a leg drop off the top for a two count. They’ve gone past the 30 minute mark.

And it looks like the Edge/Orton thing was a mistake, as nothing about it was ever mentioned again.

Edited again, and it looks like we've got a long main event tonight.

I wonder if someone will find something to bitch about even though Cena has apparently lost the match clean.

I'm interested in the crowd reaction whether or not there were any "Chave" chants.

HBK escapes both of Cena's finishers, but Cena goes down to 1 SCM? Weak. At least Cena will retain at the PPV.

No. Shawn hit him twice with the SCM. Cena broke the pinfall the first time grabbing the rope. Then went down to the second.

My housemate was at the show and told me it was pretty weak. Apart from the ending.

I wonder if someone will find something to bitch about even though Cena has apparently lost the match clean.

I'm interested in the crowd reaction whether or not there were any "Chave" chants.

I believe you mean 'Chav'.

HBK escapes both of Cena's finishers, but Cena goes down to 1 SCM? Weak. At least Cena will retain at the PPV.

No. Shawn hit him twice with the SCM. Cena broke the pinfall the first time grabbing the rope. Then went down to the second.

Well, I knew that AFTER watching the match. I posted that before the match was aired.

I believe you mean 'Chav'.

Don't you be telling the man what he means.