3 N Next Par. $7,200,000 - 2,725 - $2,642 $7,200,000 - 1

4 2 Fracture NL $7,080,000 -35.7% 2,443 - $2,898 $21,341,000 - 2

5 3 Blades of Glory P/DW $5,200,000 -32.3% 3,056 -403 $1,701 $108,086,000 $61 5

6 5 Meet the Robinsons BV $4,842,000 -30.5% 2,461 -542 $1,967 $88,356,000 - 5

7 6 Hot Fuzz Rog. $4,780,000 -18.3% 1,272 +447 $3,757 $12,447,000 - 2

8 4 Vacancy SGem $4,200,000 -44.8% 2,551 - $1,646 $13,868,000 $19 2

9 N The Condemned LGF $4,000,000 - 2,310 - $1,731 $4,000,000 - 1

10 7 Are We Done Yet? SonR $3,400,000 -34.4% 2,701 -243 $1,258 $43,818,000 -

Wow, slow weekend. Spiderman will double the top ten totals from this weekend.

I'll say Spiderman 3 tops 125 million next weekend. I don't have much to support that theory, I'm just pretty damn sure that it rolls with the absolutely ZERO competition. At least last time there were still a few interesting movies out at the time of its release, this time it's Spider-man 3 vs Lucky You and the field. That's not even fair.

I'm actually suprised "The Condemned" even cracked the top 10. I am suprised "The Invisible" did as good as it did, since I didn't see that much promotion for it.

I'm actually suprised "The Condemned" even cracked the top 10. I am suprised "The Invisible" did as good as it did, since I didn't see that much promotion for it.

I actually saw tons of commercials for The Invisible. Much more than say Fracture.

I've heard of two of these films (Hot Fuzz and Blades of Glory).

Spiderman...I'm going balls out. 140 million opening weekend.

Yeah, Spidey's gonna steamroll everything. Where I work (Toys R Us) we're selling the toys like mad and nearly everyone that works with me is talking about seeing it.

The only thing I'm really hating is they are starting to show previews that give away too much of the film. Like the newest one that shows almost the entire fight with Venom it seems just is taking away all the excitement I had.

A few previews is fine but now it's getting into preview overkill territory and I don't get why they have to release ones that show so much. Course I would have liked it if some of the trailers for Spider-man 2 had warned me it would be two hours of Peter Parker whining.

marvin, that hair growth must be fucking with your brain...

I got a feeling.

Pirates opens on Memorial Day weekend and will easily go close to 125+, but Spidey is opening on a regular weekend (unless you count Cinqo De Mayo?)..I dunno. It might go as high as 110 but certainly not 150 or anything like that.

I don't think it will reach it's two predecessors, but it'll have a huge weekend, no doubt about it.

the only big movie I'm thinking will, sadly, bomb is Transformers. Die hard 4 comes out the same day, I bet that takes the weekend.

I don't think it will reach it's two predecessors, but it'll have a huge weekend, no doubt about it.

the only big movie I'm thinking will, sadly, bomb is Transformers. Die hard 4 comes out the same day, I bet that takes the weekend.

Dont wanna turn this into another summer box office thread..but..Die Hard wont take that weekend..Transformers will have a crazy opening weekend just because its your typical big budget action movie with gaggles of special effects and crap and Die Hard 4 isn't going to do well..I cant think of anyone who was clamoring for a 4th DH movie now (maybe soon after DHWV..but not now). Transformers will bomb overall though because its looks stupid..

I thought Die Hard was moved up to avoid competing with Transformers. I can't remember where I read it, but it seems like a good idea nonetheless.

I agree with the overall sentiment that Transformers is going to bomb. I want it to be good and all, but it just reeks of Godzilla '98 to me.

well, hopefully, the casual movie goer doesn't realize what a honk Michael Bay is...that's going to be the key. The TF fanboys are going no matter what, either to love it or to love shitting on it.

and I didn't hear about the bump up date on Die Hard 4, thanks for the info!

Heres a rant..

Ive seen a ton of ads for Disturbia, but its been out 3 weeks and been the #1 movie so thats obvious. But past that:

I haven't seen any advertisments on tv for the Invisible, Fracture, Kickin it Old Skool and Hot Fuzz, (although I saw trailers for Fracture and Kickin it before Grindhouse)

I think I saw an ad or two for Next. Ive seen a ton of ads for Vacancy and the Condemned through the WWFs shameless self promotion, as well as a few ads for Blades of Glory and Meet the Robinsons, but they have been out a while.

My question is, what the hell happened to advertising or am I just not watching the right tv networks at the right times for the movies I haven't heard of?

You don't watch alot of TV I take it, because Next, Invisible, and Kickin it Oldschool have been advertised to DEATH.

Its all about demographics. IF the movie is supposed to appeal to 18-25 year olds it is going to be advertised on shows where 18-25 year olds watch. Although I still stand by the fact that the only advertising I have seen for the condemned has been during WWE programing.

We get this every week.

EVERY movie is marketed and advertised, you may not be watching the right programs that the movie appeals to.

I watch the show on HDNet called Nothing but Trailers, they show trailers for movies in advance and some current ones..

I dont watch MTV so thats probably eliminating me from seeing ads from a lot of the movies..I bet.

I literally have no idea what The Invisible is about or who is in it though..I at least have some idea about other movies through either ads, reviews (Hot Fuzz through here) or the trailers.

marvin, that hair growth must be fucking with your brain...

I got a feeling.

Pirates opens on Memorial Day weekend and will easily go close to 125+, but Spidey is opening on a regular weekend (unless you count Cinqo De Mayo?)..I dunno. It might go as high as 110 but certainly not 150 or anything like that.

Spidey is going be seen like the opening day for the summer movie season. It well make $150M, largly due to lack of competition. I don't know anyone who dosn't want to see it.

We get this every week.

EVERY movie is marketed and advertised, you may not be watching the right programs that the movie appeals to.

I watch the show on HDNet called Nothing but Trailers, they show trailers for movies in advance and some current ones..

I dont watch MTV so thats probably eliminating me from seeing ads from a lot of the movies..I bet.

I literally have no idea what The Invisible is about or who is in it though..I at least have some idea about other movies through either ads, reviews (Hot Fuzz through here) or the trailers.

I've seen the trailer for Fracture on Nothing But Trailers, maybe the Invisible, too (I know I saw it somewhere and I don't think it was in theatres).

11 Kickin' It Old Skool $2,800,000

Who didn't see this one happening? I'm shocked it made that much actually

The advertising for the movie made me think it was a sequel to Malibu's Most Wanted and probably not funny. Then a bunch of us saw a trailer that explained it was full of 80s nostalgia and saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty funny.

We also saw the Condemned last night, I was surprised at the amount of people in the theatre. The last big bomb we saw on a Tuesday (Grindhouse), we are some of the only people in the theatre.