TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

Well, I checked out his previous posts and he did get a little out of hand regarding the Phoenix/San Antonio suspension issue. I don't think it was ban worthy, however.

Guest Vitamin X

No more than other posters here have gone, and shit, didn't I say a couple pages ago to just drop it?

All I saw from his previous posts was that he called alf dense twice. Big whoop.

Anyways, enough of this, ANY MORE DISCUSSION OF THIS MUST BE MOVED TO THE CHOCOLATE SOCKET.

I haven't watched a basketball game since Dallas got eliminated, but I've kinda been following the Suns/Spurs series anyway, and just looking at the box score/recap, I think the blame for this loss has to go to D'Antoni. I mean if you've got Steve Nash who's got a bad back, is generally in rough physical shape and you play him 46 minutes, play Marion 46 minutes, and play Bell 47 minutes, it shouldn't be a big surprise when the team wears out and collapses down the stretch.

Yes, I know they're just going to blame the suspensions, but that doesn't say anything about why Jalen Rose was left to rot on the bench. He's only 34, just last year, he was averaging double digits for the Raptors, and he's got all the playoff experience in the world. How could you think it's a better idea to run a 6-man rotation than to give him some minutes? I was saying at the end of the season that D'Antoni should get coach of the year, because I knew Avery wasn't that good, and I hate the idea of making Coach of the Year a "most improved team" award, but f*ck that. I'd like to make an official retraction. You're new coach of the year: Gregg Popovich!

No more than other posters here have gone, and shit, didn't I say a couple pages ago to just drop it?

All I saw from his previous posts was that he called alf dense twice. Big whoop.

He probably got warned for the "incredible morons" comment a few posts back, but this is still a stretch for "constant flaming and trolling". Ironically, a suspension probably would have been more appropriate, to let him (and everybody else) "cool down" from the Suns/Spurs series. That's just my two cents, though.

Yeah, I thought about just suspending him, but honestly if you warn someone and they come right back and just keep acting the same way, they really don't need to be here. Maybe it was a little harsh, but maybe people will learn that they can make their points without being insulting.

I haven't watched a basketball game since Dallas got eliminated, but I've kinda been following the Suns/Spurs series anyway, and just looking at the box score/recap, I think the blame for this loss has to go to D'Antoni. I mean if you've got Steve Nash who's got a bad back, is generally in rough physical shape and you play him 46 minutes, play Marion 46 minutes, and play Bell 47 minutes, it shouldn't be a big surprise when the team wears out and collapses down the stretch.

Yes, I know they're just going to blame the suspensions, but that doesn't say anything about why Jalen Rose was left to rot on the bench. He's only 34, just last year, he was averaging double digits for the Raptors, and he's got all the playoff experience in the world. How could you think it's a better idea to run a 6-man rotation than to give him some minutes?

This is pretty much what I was thinking. You can't really blame being tired out when you've got plenty of perfectly acceptable replacements you can stick in there. Still no sign of Rose or Banks.

I've been purposefully avoiding this thread for a while since I've been so angry about this Suns/Spurs series (and frustrated with the modern mediocrity of the NBA in general) that I may well have said something overly negative.

Honestly I wish the Suns had just gotten blown out last night like I assumed they would. Being up the entire game only to give it away late just makes me ill. Not to mention the punk Bowen being the guy to make the game winner. I really, really hope somehow the Suns can get that game 6 on the road, but it really doesn't look good.

Let's say the Spurs win this series. Can you imagine the level of heatless garbage the Spurs/Jazz series will be? At least the Jazz won't hesitate to thug and goon right back. What does it say when I'd almost root for the PISTONS in the Finals?

If I stop watching the NBA after this Suns/Spurs series, I just hope that someone takes Bowen out. Artest, Kobe, Ray Allen, fucking Nate Robinson, I don't care. That and getting a new commissioner would get my interest back.

I was happy with how they played.

I am upset that I finally got robbed of my "healthy suns" versus whoever. Two years ago it was Joe Johnson. LAst year it was Raja, this year the suspensions.

I really do think they can pull this out. It was tough last night because Kurt Thomas was playing so well, but they had to pull him because they couldn't score any points in the halfcourt with him out there.

Plus you had to love Pop playing, what...everybody. Mike stupidly plays 6 guys(well 7 if you count Burkes 3 minutes) and Pop just keeps running fresh guys in to wear them down.

I would like the say that the refs waited until game 5 to have a well officiated game. Thanks.

I won't comment about the suspensions anymore because the game is over. It was just terribly double sided logic and watching that moron Stu Jackson call them "Apples and Oranges" because Duncan was only checking on the welfare of his teammate when that is CLEARLY what Diaw was also doing, drove it home even more.

Guest George's Box

I'm glad I've had my own series to worry about instead of wringing my hands over this Suns-Spurs crap.

Oh, and David Stern is a great commissioner. He's been getting a little insecure about public image the last few years, but he's the guy that made the league as big as it was from about 1984 to 1998.

Ok so we've got three series still going, all at 3-2, but each taking different roads there-

It would be funny if the Suns were the second elimination, which is very much possible (as they're the only team down 2-3 heading on the road for Game 6).

Yeah, I thought about just suspending him, but honestly if you warn someone and they come right back and just keep acting the same way, they really don't need to be here. Maybe it was a little harsh, but maybe people will learn that they can make their points without being insulting.

Yet razateca can still post here? I don't see how him calling you dense took away from the discussion at hand- things get a little heated, it happens.

I didn't watch the Nets game last night b/c the cable went out, but it sounds like I didn't miss much. Good to see the Nets penchant for playing like ass in the fourth has carried over to the playoffs

If only the Nets had Krstic. They would be the ones looking to close out in Jersey if they had him.

Guest George's Box

The Bulls just can't get anything in there. Looks like the Pistons flipped the switch after all.

Screw the plural "pieces" - the Bulls need low post offense. I just hope that this game from Brown doesn't leave Paxson thinking he should stand pat with that nucelus next year. The Bulls post completely disappeared in the fourth, and it wasn't even a matter of the Pistons playing great defense underneath.

If Detroit ever goes up 2 games in a series, they should automatically forfeit the next one so they don't have to worry about losing their edge. I don't know if I've ever seen such a capable team slack off so much when they get ahead.

Oh, and David Stern used to be a great commissioner. He's been getting a little insecure about public image the last few years, but he's the guy that made the league as big as it was from about 1984 to 1998.

If Detroit ever goes up 2 games in a series, they should automatically forfeit the next one so they don't have to worry about losing their edge. I don't know if I've ever seen such a capable team slack off so much when they get ahead.

And thats why people around these parts ride them so much.... They put it in cruise control when the Bulls came out desperate in game 4, and even more so in game 5 when it was apparent that the Bulls were shooting the lights out. The problem with that is that it can give a team more confidence.