TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Mr. Kennedy Severely Injures His Triceps

For those wondering why Ken Kennedy lost the Money in the Bank briefcase to Edge and was completely laid out tonight during Monday Night Raw, the reason is Kennedy suffered a horrible tricep tear over the weekend, tearing it right off the bone during a house show in Poughkeepsie, New York. Kennedy is scheduled to undergo surgery shortly and is expected to out of the ring for an estimated five to seven months.

Given the way he was written out, one would think Kennedy will be returning as a babyface but given the way the company changes plans daily, I wouldn't consider that a given until it happens.

source: PWI

kennedyse8.png

HUGE MEGA UPDATE: WWE.Com reported on Wednesday that Mr. Kennedy had an extensive MRI performed by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham. The MRI showed that Kennedy in fact did not tear his triceps. Kennedy's injury will not require surgery. He has severe hematoma (a collection of blood within a tissue or organ) in the triceps area and the area remains badly bruised. Official WWE doctor Dr. Ferdinand Rios says that Kennedy is too vulnerable to injury for a medical clearance, but predicts that Kennedy will be able to wrestle again in 6-8 weeks and not the original 5-7 months when the triceps was believed to be torn.

And just like some of us said in the RAW thread, the good thing is that the timing is perfect for Kennedy to return at the Royal Rumble. They have the perfect long term storyline in front of them if they decide to use it. Have Edge go to SD and get that title, and hold it until WM. Then, have Kennedy make his return at the Royal Rumble, winning the Rumble match itself. After that, Kennedy reveals that he's going to decide to go after Edge, not only for the World Title, but also for revenge for what Edge did tonight.

Is that perfect or what?

And yeah, also like we said, it's almost too perfect for WWE to actually go through with.

Given Undertaker is dropping the strap tomorrow night, is it safe to assume Undertaker will beat Batista, only for Edge to cash in the MITB and win the title, jumping to SD! in the process. With Undertaker and Kennedy on the shelf, SD! needs some added star power.

Edge vs Batista does nothing for me though. Come to think of it, Edge really doesn't have any money matches I'd want to see on SD!

That's exactly right BorneAgain, I didn't even think of that. Heck, Matt Hardy just beat Kennedy as well, so they could have him mention that.

We also have a returning Rey Mysterio that everyone seems to forget about.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Thats horrible for Kennedy, I hope he has a good recovery.

That certain young man also just beat Kennedy clean this past week on SD.

What makes anyone think that they have a serious plan for Kennedy at this point? The guy has had two major injuries now since he's been in WWE, which is just 2 years or so. Hell, I figured Kennedy would be that first guy to cash in the MITB and job in the match, but he didn't even get the chance to cash it in.

After the way he got goaded into the match tonight, was humiliated by Edge and beaten, and then foolishly wanted to do the match anyway....what makes you think anyone would want to see Kennedy come back and main event WM? Kennedy's act is so inherently annoying that he can't really be pushed as a face with it, so his possible feud with Edge would be Mr. Annoying vs. Mr. Revolting.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy Matt Hardy as a main event calibre wrestler.

Somehow combine ECW with SD! ONS can't happen soon enough. Send Lashley and Snitzky to Raw and Burke, Punk, Thorn and Striker to SD!

What the hell is going on backstage?

Someone must have got a bad batch of something, all of these injuries all at once. (and all so far are the arm/shoulder area) as I enjoy Kennedy that really does suck.

I could see MVP getting involved in any prospective Henry/Batista feud as an associate of Henry (obviously...). Assuming the program is going for a few months, it gives MVP a bit of a solid step-up to the next tier by opposing Batista, and gives Henry a guy whose charismatic and can talk to cover that weakness in his game. MVP ain't main event calibre yet, but he's getting there and this could push him along. If he has the US belt after JD all the better.

Then when Rey comes back, since he's Batista's buddy, they can go with an MVP/Rey US Title feud around SummerSlam, and get a few Rey/Batista vs Henry/MVP tag matches out of it.

I don't understand why Edge was given the money in the bank shot, if Kennedy is going to be back in the ring before Wrestlemania, why take it off him? Just have him come out once a week to remind us how many days are left until he cashes in the breifcase. Kind of like the old RKO promos...but tons better.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy Matt Hardy as a main event calibre wrestler.

Somehow combine ECW with SD! ONS can't happen soon enough. Send Lashley and Snitzky to Raw and Burke, Punk, Thorn and Striker to SD!

Why? ECW is fine the way it is. Smackdown isn't fucked at all, WWE just needs to start pushing other guys on the Smackdown roster. Why is it when a few people get hurt one of the first things people jump to is "combine the shows!". Its not like the WWE roster is tiny or anything.

I don't understand why Edge was given the money in the bank shot, if Kennedy is going to be back in the ring before Wrestlemania, why take it off him? Just have him come out once a week to remind us how many days are left until he cashes in the breifcase. Kind of like the old RKO promos...but tons better.

I thought about it too. He was surely going to be back before WM24. If anything, it only exposes the booking plans they had for tomorrow night's Smackdown tapings.

I believe the writers scrambled over the weekend to logically put something together. I'm not sure if there is a connection between the MITB and UT/Batista match, if they are going to do another Cena/Edge feud, or if Edge just holds the briefcase until Kennedy comes back, who knows? Maybe they thought video segments and countdowns would be overkill and not get Kennedy over.

Well, no matter what anyone thinks about Kennedy in this situation, I think we can all agree that Edge came across like a complete and total badass heel tonight on RAW, and it was perfect to give him even more heat going into SD tomorrow night.

It would be funny if they didn't even move Edge over to SD after all of this talk though. :lol:

My guess is Edge immediately shows up on Smackdown tomorrow night, makes a presence and then one of three things happens....first being taking Batista's spot in the Taker match, obviously beats him then, and that would set up Edge v. Batista at Judgment Day. Otherwise, Batista beats Taker in the cage match, and then immediately after out comes Edge and beats Batista. Or else instead of him cashing the title shot in tomorrow night, he simply waits and meets Batista at Judgment Day for the title. Via any scenario, its gotta lead to Edge getting the title for awhile on Smackdown, as even if he waits to face the title holder at the ppv, Henry has got to return there to cost Batista either winning back the title or losing it to Edge there to set up Batista/Henry down the road, one would think.

As far as Kennedy goes, I think this probably wouldnt have happened if Kennedy simply was the only guy hurt right now, but with Taker they had to go with an alternate plan and this seems damn good to me. Hell, I hate to say it but even IF Kennedy wasnt injured, this might have been the idea upon hearing about Taker having to sit out for awhile. This starts a long run with people getting legitimately behind it for Kennedy now, more than before if he was just doing his usual heel stuff for the next year. Kennedy can be turned face by all of this, and I DO think he will do quite alright in this role, and ultimately anyway you slice it, we have an even more ready-made Mania title victory for the man.

Guest NYR10
That certain young man also just beat Kennedy clean this past week on SD.

What makes anyone think that they have a serious plan for Kennedy at this point? The guy has had two major injuries now since he's been in WWE, which is just 2 years or so. Hell, I figured Kennedy would be that first guy to cash in the MITB and job in the match, but he didn't even get the chance to cash it in.

After the way he got goaded into the match tonight, was humiliated by Edge and beaten, and then foolishly wanted to do the match anyway....what makes you think anyone would want to see Kennedy come back and main event WM? Kennedy's act is so inherently annoying that he can't really be pushed as a face with it, so his possible feud with Edge would be Mr. Annoying vs. Mr. Revolting.

Wow, you really don't like anything, do you?

It would so awesome if Edge won the World Heavyweight Title tonight.

Because Kennedy was never going to wait till Mania, it was going to be classic dick heel.........he was likely going to win it tonight and when he got hurt that sent them into a mad rush, I fully expect Edge to win the title at the Smackdown tapings.

Somehow, the idea of tri-brand PPVs is making sense at this point.

It is, and it isn't.

Pro: bigger roster from which to pull performers

Con: the "top" guys are now working more shows (both PPV and free TV), putting more strain on their bodies

Personally, I find Kennedy a bit overrated. Sucks for him, and you never want to see people get hurt, but I'm not that upset about the injury.

I think it's a lock that Edge is going to win the title tonight - the only real question is who is he going to beat.

I think Edge was given the MITB in order to explain his way over to SD! It's just too bad Kennedy had to look the chump to make it happen.

Actually I do like Edge quite a bit, but in storyline terms he is in fact Mr. Revolting since he's a dick heel. As far as Kennedy goes, I have no idea how he's going to get over as a face. He gets some occasional bad boy cheers at the moment due to his schtick, but as a face that exact act has no hope of working (screaming MIIIISSTTTERR KEENNNNEEDDYY isn't something that can work as a face since it's extremely annoying by definition). So let's say Kennedy drops his irritating heel schtick that got him over. What else does he really have? Otherwise he's an average worker with an average look.

Not knowing about Kennedy's injury last night I figured having Edge win the MITB was their admission that Kennedy simply wasn't ready to win the title on SD and that the show needed more immediate help with an established guy like Edge.

It always seems like these injuries happen in bulk after a long over sea's tour. They push these guys too hard. They work every night, don't get to eat right, don't get enough sleep and don't get to work out so their bodies begin to break down and then they're put right back on the road here in the States and their bodies don't get enough time to rest and recover.

As far as Kennedy goes, I have no idea how he's going to get over as a face. He gets some occasional bad boy cheers at the moment due to his schtick, but as a face that exact act has no hope of working (screaming MIIIISSTTTERR KEENNNNEEDDYY isn't something that can work as a face since it's extremely annoying by definition).

A lot of the stuff The Rock did was extremely annoying by definition but he was over huge.