TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Knocked Up

That first deleted scene was solid fucking gold.

I think he was ad-libbing because everyone else was cracking up.

It's one solid joke after another but the ending is perfect when he just slams the clipboard on the ground and demands the nurse pick it up. Ha.

Guest Vitamin X
and judd apatow can write some great dialogue, especially male-female arguments.

Strongly agree here. That was the strongest part of the entire film, was how realistic the arguments felt.

While I don't think this movie was by any means perfect, the glowing reviews here and the fact it's got up to a 92% on rotten tomatoes compelled me to see it. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and also echo the sentiment of wanting a movie with Rudd and Rogen as the two leads. I could totally see the guys from 40YOV being the next Frat Pack, if this film and Apatow working with them is any indication.

I'm kind of glad I didn't go out of my way to see it though. I felt there were a lot of fallacies with the film, and that the characters were a bit, how should I say.. wonky? shallow? in the beginning, but it really comes together well in the end, even if a little too feel-goody.

Guest Vitamin X

I think it's b.s.. It's a fairly easy story to come up with that I can see it actually being kind of commonplace. Total coincidence.

The lady is just jealous because the her book is probably nowhere as good as Judd's movie.

Fuckin great movie, by the way. I need to watch it again to get the full feel for it.

I think it's funny that of all the stars from Freaks and Geeks, Rogen was the LAST one who I thought was going to make it big. Go back and watch the first episode of F&G and you'll see how much his acting has improved.

Saw it last night, probably the busiest I've seen a theatre for our Tuesday Movie Night outings (though I missed our POTC 3 week and saw Spider-Man 3 on a midnight opener). Really funny, and it was nice to see a movie with 3 people from The Office in it (though just quick appearances). They showed a trailer for a movie with John Krasinski (who me and a person I was with yelled "Jim!" at the screen when we saw it) that looks ok too. Marshall from HIMYM! I liked the internet business subplot too, especially the payoff. Paul Rudd was great too.

I can't believe I didn't notice that Martin Starr was in the movie. I didn't see his name in the opening titles since the copy I downloaded had them cut off.

kucvnsd02100330pw8.jpg

billhu2.jpg

Guest George's Box

I don't feel like going to see this. I can't imagine that I'd like it as much as the rest of you guys, since the promos left me really underwhelmed. Like Slayer says, this premise has about five minutes of life to it, not more than two hours. No good comedy should exceed two hours.

It's pretty great. The movie's much better, funnier, and deeper than the premise alone. For what it's worth, it certainly doesn't feel like a two-hour movie. Nor did Hot Fuzz, on a slight digression. Guess it's a good year for long comedies.