TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Knocked Up

I am taking a wait and see approach with this one. I have a feeling it will either be REALLY FUNNY, or one of those flicks where any remotely good/funny part is featured in the trailer.........I will wait till I get some feedback.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah I agree with Mike; not sure if this one or Superbad are going to be worth going out of my way to see.

I am taking a wait and see approach with this one. I have a feeling it will either be REALLY FUNNY, or one of those flicks where any remotely good/funny part is featured in the trailer.........I will wait till I get some feedback.

The reviews have been fantastic so far- go see it!

Anyone see this yet?

I see that it got great reviews and I love Apatow, but I've been too busy lately.

Saw it and loved it. Lots of very very funny parts and one liners. Likeable charicters too, good supporting cast.

Go see it/

Yes. This was a great movie and while it didn't have as many huge comedy moments, it was just a steady roll of really great humor. The characters were all likable, even the bitchy sister. There's no reason to skip this.

"Knocked Up? More like "Knocked-It-Out-Of-The-Park""

"It impregnated me with laughter, and I decided to keep the baby of uproarious hilarity"

"Jonah Hill, you sonnofabitch... you know what you did... yeah you do... murderballin motherfucker"

-RavishingRickRudosReelReviews.

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, okay, I'll check it out. Sounds like it's this year's 40 year old virgin. I did like the premise from the previews, although I didn't like the fact that for some reason I thought it was going to have some kind of anti-abortion message in it- after all, I'm sure if the guy was that bad and everything was going to be that messed up, she'd abort the baby.

amazing, amazing movie that's totally engrossing and gets a perfect balance between the jokes and the story. there's no big comic set pieces (like the chest-waxing scene in '40-year-old virgin'), just a lot of good asides and funny situations while the story keeps going, so it doesn't lose its momentum when the story has to take over in the final act like in most comedies. just well-crafted, smart storytelling.

and judd apatow can write some great dialogue, especially male-female arguments.

The Rudd-Rogen exchanges were some of the best of the movie due to them being purely improved and a shout-out to their random arguments in 40YOV.

Like gtd said, fantastic fucking movie and one that on an overall level makes a strong case for comedy of the decade.

Totally loved this movie in every way. perfect balance between high-comedy and seriousness of story. Laughed my ass off more times than I can remember in a theater.

Loved it as much if not a little bit more than the 40 Year Old Virgin.

As an Undeclared and Freaks and Geeks mark, I loved to see that he fit in so many people from those shows in.

Now, granted gynecology is only a hobby of mine, but it sounds to me like she's crowning. Am I right, Deb?

I dunno about a Rogen and Rudd team vehicle, but why is it that Paul Rudd can't ever seem to get beyond 3rd billing status? Knocked Up, Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin...even as far back as Clueless.

As far as this movie goes, it was pretty good. I'm not quite as amazed as others here, probably would put it 7 out of 10 if I was to vote on imdb.com or something. You know what Apatow's movies remind me of? An R rated version of John Hughes movies. While I laugh at all the pop culture references does it seem like that sort of thing is getting a bit old hat? As in the constant referring to other movies (in this case Munich, Wild Things, Total Recall, etc.) in order to get a laugh.

I am in love with Katherine Heigl

I adored her since Wish Upon A Star and My Father, The Hero.

Holy. Crap.

I knew that I knew her from something else other than Bride Of Chucky and 100 Girls! You just blew my mind - I totally fell for her back then when My Father the Hero came out.

Alrighty, on to a few more things. Have you guys checked out these deleted scenes yet?

Kuni Gone Wild

Brokeback Mountain

And also some news on the DVD from Judd Apatow:

The DVD there’s going to be a one- and a two-disc version released at the same time sometime in the winter time and we just have so many extras that it’s ridiculous. It’s taken so much time to watch them. They’ve literally handed me DVD’s with 6 hours of footage that I have to go through. One thing we did that I think is really funny is we shot a fake documentary during the making of the movie and the documentary is about how Seth Rogan was the tenth choice to play the lead. So during our shoot we would have actors come and perform a scene and then I would fire them. And so we had James Franco do it, Justin Long, David Krumholtz, Allen Covert. I did it. There was a moment where I think I should be the lead as an actor/director. Orlando Bloom did it. It’s really funny. It’s this whole documentary about how hard it was to find Seth. And then we also did a very funny fake documentary about how I was having fights with the studio so they sent in Bennett Miller, the director of “Capote,” to oversee the shoot. And so Bennett came to the set and we would shoot all this footage of him changing my angles and my coverage and debating me and it’s very funny. I keep talking about how I don’t like moving the camera because it’s bad for the comedy and he says, “Do you think it’s funnier ‘cause it looks like shit?” [Laughs] And it ultimately comes to blows between me and Bennett Miller.

So we really went out of our way to make a DVD that takes a lot of comedic chances. There’s a very funny documentary about the roller coaster sequence because Jay Baruchel didn’t want to do it because he says he gets panic attacks on roller coasters. The documentary is about me manipulating him into doing it and you see me basically lying to him saying, “It’s not that bad” and then him having a panic attack on the roller coaster. And then he won’t do it again and we have to keep doing it all day and then you see – because most people want to see this – most of our actors vomiting over and over. It’s just a funny little 5-minute documentary. In addition to deleted scenes, there’s a ton of deleted scenes and raw footage, I like to put just the raw takes on the DVD because I think it’s fun to see our process.