TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Blasts from the Past

Although I'm sure it's still available, I haven't had Faygo in about 10 years.

I'll leave this one to Carnival, however.

They're curretnly celebrating their 100th anniversary. Red Pop is awesome.

Hell yes it was!

And I recall it being ridiculously cheap, something like 3L for a buck and a half?

3L for 99 cents at finer Dollar Tree stores across Michigan (probably several stores really), about the same - $2 (usually closet to the 1.50 mark) at convenience stores in Canada that aren't Macs or 7-11.

Guest George's Box
Pepsi Blue was carbonated cough medicine

Nah, that would be root beer.

Where are you finding root beer-flavored cough syrup?

Guest Vitamin X

Ha, not entirely sure, but I do recall the last time I had root beer I hated it because it tasted like Robitussin to me. Although..

Because of their pleasant flavor and medical properties some of the root beer ingredients have also occasionally been used in other products such as toothpaste, soap and medicine. This could explain why some people tasting root beer for the first time say that it reminds them of these products.

I should try one again that I might actually like. I think I had Barq's the last time.

I remember I used to loathe Dr. Pepper, but for a while in the summer when I was working at Domino's in Southern California (and I had no air conditioning in my car to boot!), that was the only free drink we could have, so I got used to it and learned to like it a lot.

Don't remember Shake and Bag Fries.

I really loved the Nintendo ceral...I don't think it even tasted all that great, but I was a kid who loved anything Nintendo.

I also remember Ecto Cooler...it was actually around for quite a while, even after the Ghostbusters fad had died down.

Anyone recall Shake and Bag Fries from McDonald's? A buddy of mine may go to war over them.....I don't recall them even a little.

I know some chain did that for zestry fries, but I think it was BK.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, it was BK. And they were pretty decent, they did it with spicy seasoning too.

Ecto Cooler tastes exactly the same as current Hi C flavor Orange Lavaburst. You can periodically find Screamin' Orange Tangergreen, which is Ecto Cooler under a different name. It's orange flavored, but green colored, you see.

To combine two other things mentioned, Jolt Blue tastes pretty much exactly like Pepsi Blue.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I still get a small instant gag reflex upon seeing ecto cooler or discussing it.

DO NOT MIX WITH CHEAP VODKA

That should be on the can like a fuckin' surgeon general's warning. I drank a few plastic fast food cups full of that shit and Kamchatka. Sickest I've ever been in my entire life.

Does anyone here remember Pizzeria chips? I can't seem to find anybody else who does.

I do! I ate those things all the time as a kid. I can still recall the taste.

I remember those. My mom used to buy me a generic version that was just like, these cookie sticks with a chocolate sauce you dipped them in. They were OK, I guess.

when surge debuted they sent reps to my high school to debut the soda (they were testing it in our market I guess) so after school they were hadning out free sodas and the students nearly rioted to get their hands on something free.

I miss pizzaria chips they ruled. Pepsi blue was like the corporate version of a ghetto classic BLUE SODA, the drink of juice in my old neighborhood. They still have "Home Boy" Blue soda in some stores

Anyone else remember the Ninja Turtle cookies, and Vanilla Pies (which had green frosting and orangey colored vanilla filling) those were awesome

1WSCARIZONA.gif

These were like a dollar for a huge fucking can of really sweet iced tea. Can't go wrong.

They're still around now, but distribution is not so high.

Really? I'm in Texas (Currently Brownsville, bout to move back to Houston) and seriously, in nearly every gas station and Walgreens I've been to, they've got the Arizona cans there.

.99 cents for a huge can of peach tea is simply something that rocks the kasbah.