TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO Judgment Day 2007 Thread

Guest Johnny B Radd

Well, WWEs next tri brand PPV is tommorow night as Judgment Day comes to you from St Louis MO. Here is the card

WWE Championship

John Cena vs Great Kahli

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge vs Batista

3-on-1 handicap match for the ECW Championship

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs Bobby Lashley

2/3 falls for the United States Championship

Chris Benoit vs MVP

CM Punk vs Elijah Burke

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton

Carlito vs Ric Flair

Ok, so my question is does Orton get the "ST LOUIS's OWN" or "From St Louis MO" announced when he comes out?

I skipped Raw for my own good, why is there another Shawn/Orton match? Having only seven matches, makes me hope for a old time draw in the 2/3 falls match. Just extend this program as much as possible. Punk-Burke should get 15 but it'll likely be half. Cena-Khali should be fun spectacle match.

Orton attacked HBK after the match Shawn had with Edge. Orton pretty much destoryed Shawn and earlier in the show, Orton interrupted a promo with HBK and pretty much said he was going to use Shawn as a way to get back into the title scene.

Guest Queen Leelee

Go Khali!

I assume Randall wins, but I hope he gets fired right after.

I don't really pay attention to Smackdown a whole lot. Can somebody explain how MVP keeps getting US title shots? He's jobbed cleanly two PPVs in a row and now he gets a THIRD shot? Hardly seems fair to Benoit.

I don't really pay attention to Smackdown a whole lot. Can somebody explain how MVP keeps getting US title shots? He's jobbed cleanly two PPVs in a row and now he gets a THIRD shot? Hardly seems fair to Benoit.

Spoiler below:

Actually Benoit wants (legit) MVP to get a push, so expect him to become champ soon, maybe even tonight.

MVP won #1 contender's match against Kane to get this shot.

Guest Queen Leelee

Oh, Benoit and his politics.

MVP has really improved, though.

I haven't really been following SD religiously, but I haven't noticed a great improvement in MVP. I thought he was always good. When he came in, his gimmick was that he was an overpaid wrestler who half-assed his matches with easy opponents.

The promo and video package last week almost sold me on Cena/Khali. Almost, but not quite. I could see it being passable with a stip attached, unless they pull the Attitude era trick of making it a No DQ Match on Heat, a straight singles match (with a decent chance of a non-clean finish) doesn't look appetising at all.

I'm gonna try my hand at a PPV prediciton:

Carlito vs Ric Flair

I find it odd that this match has already happened on a house show in the past week (Carlito won). Anyway, I've always enjoyed Carlito's work so it should be a good match, even with ol' broken down Flair in the ring. Tough one to call, as WWE may pull out the punsihment card for Carlito's WM comments and have him job here. But what the hey, I'm still going to go for Carlito to win.

Winner: Carlito

CM Punk vs Elijah Burke

If it lasts more than 5 minutes from bell to bell, it has the potential to be a good match. If it goes more than 10, a very good match. More than 15 it could easily be match of the night, but that's unlikely to happen. With CM Punk and Elijah you have 2 guys with a great look, excellent athleticism, great ring work, bags of charisma and talent on the mike. They are both the total package, and WWE better not screw these potential main-eventers up over the next few years. If Elijah loses, it can go into an angle of how he's not fit to lead the New Breed, but a CM Punk loss leads to nothing. So a pretty obvious outcome here.

Winner: CM Punk

Chris Benoit vs MVP: 2/3 falls for the United States Championship

There will be no point to three straight PPV matches if MVP doesn't get the belt here. But then again, I can't see him picking up 2 falls. There's always the cheap pin from the tights or the ropes, but what then? I've already asked about this match in the Comments Thread because I suspect some dodgy finishing for MVP to get the belt.

Winner: MVP

Shawn Michaels vs Randy Orton

One of 3 matches I have no interest in seeing tonight. Orton's miracle job run 07 started with Edge and should continue here.

Winner: HBK

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs Bobby Lashley: 3-on-1 handicap match for the ECW Championship

And here's number 2. I feel Shane's gonna turn tonight, and him pinning someone to put the belt on himself would just make no sense at all. So Shane will help Lashley to victory, and it'll be Shane+Lashley vs. Vince+Umaga and the next PPV

Winner: Lashley

Edge vs Batista: World Heavyweight Championship

Batista has had 2 good PPV matches in a row. Which, looking at his whole career, is remarkable. He really should have no problems making it 3 with Edge, as long as he keeps his side of the matters up. Edge has to win though.

Winner: Edge

John Cena vs Great Khali: WWE Championship

I've already mentioned how I'd book this in the comments thread, but it won't happen like I want it to. Cena has to win here, and not just because I don't want to watch 2 Khali main-events in a row. Unless they do something really retarded like keep Khali champion til Summerslam where Hunter blitzes him in his comeback match. Holy shit, that's just too awful to think about.

Winner: John Cena

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon and Umaga vs Bobby Lashley: 3-on-1 handicap match for the ECW Championship

And here's number 2. I feel Shane's gonna turn tonight, and him pinning someone to put the belt on himself would just make no sense at all. So Shane will help Lashley to victory, and it'll be Shane+Lashley vs. Vince+Umaga and the next PPV

Winner: Lashley

ONS is the next PPV, right? Vince finally defending the title one on one against Lashley will probably headline the show. Just like this PPV, I'll be saving my money.

--The latest update we have on Shawn Michaels is that he will be wrestling tonight. They are going with the idea he will undergo the surgery that he's been putting off, so tonight, or tomorrow are most likely his last night for a while. How long he'll be out depends on how much damage they find when they open him up.

--Notes on Sunday's Judgment Day from St. Louis (this was written Friday):

*John Cena vs. Great Khali for the WWE title- I don't expect a title change, and this is going to be a real challenge for both the producers and for Cena to get 15:00 out of Khali. It's something different and from a marketing perspective, doing 15 PPVs per year, sometimes you need a change of pace. Not that I'm looking forward to this, because I don't think it'll be as entertaining from a god awful train wreck as many expect. WWE knows the limitations of Khali better than anyone and we rarely have downright stinkers in main events. But this isn't exactly going to be Cena vs. Edge or Cena vs. Michaels

*Edge vs. Batista for the World title - Booking is going to be interesting because as the first meeting between the two, I expect the title to stay put, but also would be surprised at an Edge pinfall. Then again, I also don't know that Khali is going to get pinned. Batista is coming off two straight non-finishes with Undertaker and with the more wrestling oriented mentality in creative these days, I don't think they want people to start thinking you don't get finishes for your $40. The onus is on Edge here, because you want one great title match, and three-on-one was nothing special last month, and even if Cena vs. Khali isn't bad, it'll be hard for it to be PPV quality.

*Vince Kennedy McMahon & Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Bobby Lashley with VKM putting up the ECW title. Even though Vince has been at the level of the greatest heels you'll ever see outside the ring, this program hasn't clicked. Vince loves that Lashley physique and he and Cena are the company's two pet projects, but Lashley's weakness on interviews and too rapid a push into the spotlight is causing growing pains. I do expect Lashley pins Vince here, but I don't know what's next for him. Lashley vs. Umaga isn't fresh and Lashley vs. Mean Gene Snitsky will drag Lashley down. If there is someone out there capable of being a strong near the top heel, it's probably not the worst time to send in a resume.

*Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton - Since Michaels is in line for a title shot at Cena on one of the many upcoming PPV shows, he needs a strong win here. On paper, this is the show stealing match as well.

*Chris Benoit vs. MVP 2/3 falls for the U.S. title. We can count on a good match. I expect MVP to win, but I've expected that since day one of the feud. Because the three falls almost inherently means they are going to get close to 20:00, maybe more, this match will deliver.

*Carlito vs. Ric Flair - This will probably be short. I still can't believe we haven't gotten one Flair promo since the turn.

*C.M. Punk vs. Elijah Burke - A big match for both men. Realistically, these two have both more to gain and more to lose on this show than anyone else, because the rest are pretty much locked into their spots. Both of these guys will be pushed on ECW, but the respect they get both from fans, and more important from the office, as far as being "big-picture" stars will be determined a lot by this match.

Backlash was awesome. One of the best PPVs WWE has put on. On paper, this show doesn't even look close, but it has two matches on paper that you know going in are locks, but neither are the world title matches. Another important factor is that they have another PPV, One Night Stand, in two weeks, so it's imperative to shoot angles on this show and have people wanting certain matches.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Khali get the belt tonight. They definitely aren't blowing the feud off in the first match, so he's almost a lock to not get beaten, or pinned at least, either.

It depends on what goes last. If Cena/Khali goes last, I'm thinking title change because they won't want to end the PPV with a non-finish. If it's the semi-main, then it'll probably be a DQ and they'll finish with Edge pinning Batista. Taking the belt off Edge, though, would be insane, so I don't see Edge losing clean no matter where on the card it is.

Guest Queen Leelee

If Khali wins the title, I will watch Raw for the next month.

I love watching him squash peons.

Why in the world would they have Shane turn on Vince/Umaga to team with Lashley?

Watch the Vince-Shane promo 25 minutes into Backlash. Right at the end, watch Shane's reaction to Vince. Those were what Foley refers to as "planting seeds".

That is why I think Shane will turn tonight.

I agree with the sentiment on this Lashley feud. If ECW weren't struggling for faces right now, I'd say they should cut their losses on this Vince/Lashley and turn him heel. Nobody saw anything in John Cena until he turned heel. Ditto Rock(y), ditto Orton, infact he's pretty much in the same position Lesnar was before he turned heel again. If Lashley has got any superstar quality, he's not going to discover it as the nice-guy bluechipper face.

The whole deal with feuding with the McMahons is so played out now. But Vince is still a great character, there's no reason why he couldn't get Lashley over by alligning himself with him instead of feuding with him.

I'm all for a Khali title change. While a DQ finish of Cena going batshit like he did with Umaga at Rumble (only there it was legal) would be great. Khali keeps taking these shots and doesn't flinch and finally Cena loses it and unloads the old 37 chair shots of death, maybe even brings back the chain for good measure. It keeps both strong, doesn't change the title and adds more for the rematch. It has to be that Cena goes sadistic and Khali having little to no damage. If Khali wins the title, it just needs to be a shutdown. Save the FU for down the road in the blow-off.

Edge is keeping the title but I'm not quite sure he'll score a pinfall.

This card is really awkward with the main events basically set up for the heels to go over or for DQ non-finishes.

I still push for a 30 minute draw in the 2/3 falls match to stretch it out. Have MVP ready to pin/submit Benoit at the final seconds but time goes away. This program still has life in it and the title change doesn't NEED to occur here. I'd open with this match.

Shane turning on Vince makes sense. Shane siding with Lashley does not.

I agree that Shane just turning against Vince makes more sense, but how do you do that with this kind of match? If it was fatal-4-way it would be simple, but the pinning combinations with a 3-on-1 handicap match just lead to booking nightmares.

Shane turning on Vince makes sense. Shane siding with Lashley does not.

I agree that Shane just turning against Vince makes more sense, but how do you do that with this kind of match?

Shane pulls Vince off of Lashley, they argue, Umaga tags in and gets pinned by Lashley. Shane gets to turn on Vince, Vince gets to drop the ECW belt without losing, and it allows for the climactic Lashley/Vince at ONS 3 with Shane getting involved.

Where does Umaga go? Does he stick with Vince as his bully or does Shane talk him through it and convinces him and Estrada that Vince is killing them. Does Umaga just leave the McMahon empire altogether? McMahon berates him for losing and Umaga attacks Vince leaving Vince to himself against Lashley at ONS?

Where does Umaga go? Does he stick with Vince as his bully or does Shane talk him through it and convinces him and Estrada that Vince is killing them. Does Umaga just leave the McMahon empire altogether? McMahon berates him for losing and Umaga attacks Vince leaving Vince to himself against Lashley at ONS?

They could do the Vince berates Umaga-Umaga walks out on Vince next week, so Vince is going into ONS with nobody to watch his back. Build it like Vince is the lamb being led to slaughter and he can't do a thing to stop it.

Umaga gets buried, that's where he goes. It's either that or a tag team of Monster Heels with Khali once he gets finished jobbing out to Cena.

Here are my predictions:

--Hardys have been added to defend tag belts. They'll win, dunno against whom though.

--Benoit vs. MVP. Honestly...I'm tired of this feud. Matches have been good, but not quite good enough to overcome the deja vu of it all (Benoit beats MVP, then beats him, then beats him). Give MVP the belt to pay it off, which is odd since he's the heel.

--Michaels vs. Orton. I'm assuming those were Meltzer's thoughts above. I don't get this hard on he has for Orton, but he always, invariably, overrates his matches. Also given that these guys had a real clunker on Raw recently I'm not expecting much. Add to it the various injuries--legit and worked--such as the knee (legit) and the concussion (worked) and I'm expecting crap here. Orton with the headlock for 10 minutes type crap. HBK will fall unconscious and the match will be stopped a la Owen in 1995, but Orton won't technically win.

--Carlito vs. Flair. I'm not totally sure, it depends on if Carlito is still being buried. I think he is. Flair wins.

--CM Punk vs. Elijah Burke. Burke cost Punk the match with Corvon recently, so I'd expect Punk to get the win here and possibly plant the seeds of either breaking up the New Breed entirely, or maybe Punk takes over as leader. Could be good depending on the time.

--Vince/Shane/Umaga vs. Lashley. The ECW belt is so utterly worthless now it doesn't matter. I'm assuming Lashley wins here but does NOT pin Vince (remember the Umaga burial I mentioned earlier?). The Vince job out will be at ONS, as though anyone wants to see that. Glad I'm going on vacation and won't see that PPV or be tempted to get it.

--Cena vs. Khali. I bet they want to extend this feud until the GAB to do another Punjabi Prison (this time with the actual guy it's meant for, Khali). You know the deal: DQ, doesn't matter who gets DQ'd.

--Edge vs. Batista. After Edge getting jobbed out to HBK on Raw he flat out must get a win here, even if it's a lame and screwy win. Mark Henry runs in, attacks Batista, aligns himself with Edge. Edge wins and retains.

Just to let people know, the streams off, thats only cos they have finished playing the dvd and just waiting for the ppv to start