TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ANKLELOCK

3hr Raw to be Draft Lottery

These shows usually are fun. Only for us to bitch about and criticize.

Just trade Mark Henry for CM Punk so I have no reason to watch Raw or ECW.

Copied from another forum:

"Wrestling Observer Live update on the draft - Benoit has been talked about moving to Raw, with ECW being a possiblity as well. Regal and Rey are being talked about as being moved to Raw, with Regal-HHH being a possible feud for him. Lashley and Kennedy might be moved to Raw, but the Edge feud might keep him on SD for the time being."

My thoughts are basically that there are some guys on Smackdown that don't really fit in with the roster and aren't doing a whole lot, like Kane & Matt Hardy. So therefore they will move mainstays of the brand like Benoit & Finlay who will completely flounder on their new show.

I heard about that Kennedy idea but frankly it's foolish. What exactly is Kennedy going to DO on Raw that is so important? Be the #3 face? Um...why? He has a ready made feud with Edge that is easy to book and would relieve Batista from constantly being in the title scene. Kennedy may even win the title from Edge at some point, though I think he'd inevitably job out at the end of the feud since Edge vs. UT has to be SD's big money match.

Raw needs some heels at the moment in a bad way. Let's face it, we have Khali who is going to be jobbed out to Cena. We have Umaga who is losing steam more and more by the day with the Vince and Shane crap (Umaga is a good idea to trade to SD, but what he'd do there is baffling to me since Henry is there for the monster heel role). And we have Randy F'N Orton, who is going to be jobbed beyond belief to HHH.

Smackdown on the other hand has a need for a top face, since Batista is basically played out. It's ironic that Lashley left SD because Batista was clearly the top guy over him, but now I would suggest putting Lashley back on SD to feud with Edge (if Kennedy goes to Raw).

Punk would be an ideal IC guy for Raw or a US title feud for MVP on SD, but if they take him off ECW there is officially zero reason to watch.

Raw needs some heels at the moment in a bad way. Let's face it, we have Khali who is going to be jobbed out to Cena. We have Umaga who is losing steam more and more by the day with the Vince and Shane crap (Umaga is a good idea to trade to SD, but what he'd do there is baffling to me since Henry is there for the monster heel role). And we have Randy F'N Orton, who is going to be jobbed beyond belief to HHH.

Funny you mention Henry because he would actually be a good choice to go to RAW and one that would make a lot more sense than Kennedy.

Guest DaDirtiest

This smells like scrambling for feuds cause of a depleted roster due to injuries a hurried 10 releases in a lil over a week. Punk is too scrawny to mess with MVP. Looks like they're just grabbing at straws until some of the injured folks (Mysterio, Kennedy, etc.) start to come back and then they'll let everything fall back into place. I agree that Mysterio will be moved to Raw, seeing as he is like the Hulk Hogan of 5'5" mexicans of this generation.

"Wrestling Observer Live update on the draft - Benoit has been talked about moving to Raw, with ECW being a possiblity as well. Regal and Rey are being talked about as being moved to Raw, with Regal-HHH being a possible feud for him. Lashley and Kennedy might be moved to Raw, but the Edge feud might keep him on SD for the time being."

So....EVERYBODY GOES TO RAW~ Smackdown is renamed Cope-Land, both as a clever pun and a sad state of the roster that happens to inhabit it.

I'd say move Punk, Carlito, Jeff Hardy, Johnny Nitro, and Umaga to Smackdown

MVP, Finlay, Cor Von, Regal, and Kennedy to RAW

WGTT, Eugene, Masters, and Boogeyman to ECW

So in other words, you want to hurt the ECW show?

People don't want to have a reason to watch ECW, hence the movements of the likes of Burke, and Punk.

I've see similar sentiments in regards to Raw on this and other boards actually.

so rather then add or remove talent to a show to improve a show...you would rather hurt it by adding or removing the wrong talent from it? Right.

so rather then add or remove talent to a show to improve a show...you would rather hurt it by adding or removing the wrong talent from it? Right.

The fact of the matter is that ECW is essentially Velocity at this point, there's no need for useful talent that might have a future in the company to be wasted on there.

It doesn't matter who they add, since the problem with ECW & RAW is on the creative end. So Smackdown is made a lot weaker by virtue of losing talent and the other shows aren't improved any because the talent being moved it just going to be wasted. The same thing happens everytime they do this.

If benoit moves to ecw to be jobbed out to snitsky mcmahon should be taken out back and have the sh*t bit out of him. and a regal hhh fued would make no sense. although i have always loved regal, he has been made to be essentially meaningless by horrible booking that it just doesnt make any sense. lashley moved to raw? really? hell i thought he was already there...last week it was "Raw is Lashley".........despite the fact noone cares about him still

If benoit moves to ecw to be jobbed out to snitsky mcmahon should be taken out back and have the sh*t bit out of him. and a regal hhh fued would make no sense. although i have always loved regal, he has been made to be essentially meaningless by horrible booking that it just doesnt make any sense. lashley moved to raw? really? hell i thought he was already there...last week it was "Raw is Lashley".........despite the fact noone cares about him still

The McMahon's love him, so thats all that matters

I like Lashley reasonably well, dare I say I prefer him to the Lesnars and Ortons of the world. This isn't to say he's had matches on average as good as either, but I dug the guy in OVW and his early WWE work against Finlay was good stuff. While he's viewed as bland, at least he's not ultra annoying. I agree he shouldn't be wrestling four times on a show (no one should).

I hadn't considered moving Mark Henry to Raw simply because he just showed up again on SD. It wouldn't make much sense.

I like Lashley reasonably well, dare I say I prefer him to the Lesnars and Ortons of the world. This isn't to say he's had matches on average as good as either, but I dug the guy in OVW and his early WWE work against Finlay was good stuff. While he's viewed as bland, at least he's not ultra annoying. I agree he shouldn't be wrestling four times on a show (no one should).

I hadn't considered moving Mark Henry to Raw simply because he just showed up again on SD. It wouldn't make much sense.

lashley honestly bores the hell out of me. hes just a muscle head (no doubt helped along with god knows how much sterioids) with no personality who has boring matches, is awful on the mic...and his head looks like that of a 12 year old glued on to that drugged up body of his. they should rename him snoozefest.

lashley honestly bores the hell out of me. hes just a muscle head (no doubt helped along with god knows how much sterioids) with no personality who has boring matches, is awful on the mic...and his head looks like that of a 12 year old glued on to that drugged up body of his. they should rename him snoozefest.

Would his finisher be the sleeper?

I never hated Lashley until he went to ECW. He was completely tolerable on Smackdown in the upper midcard scene, flirting with the main event. But then again, I guess anyone will look better facing guys like Booker T and Finlay on Smackdown than Test and Umaga in ECW and Raw.

The Obsever note about Lashley is funny. He MIGHT be moved to Raw?

I think Lashley should be moved to Raw as he'd be fresh competition for both Cena and HHH down the line. He's not bad at all in the ring against the right opponent, he needs a ring general to lead him around by his hand for the most part, but I think he and HHH could have a damn good program if HHH is willing to show some ass.

Lashley vs HHH, Lashley vs Cena, Lashley vs Orton, Lashley vs Benoit are all matches I'd like to see.