-Golden Axe

-Ski-ball

-Bad Dudes

-Class of '81

-Dragon's Lair

-Die Hard Arcade

-Area 51

-Street Fighter 2

Edit: KKK - That sounds so much like Playland in State College that I have to ask if that was your arcade, especially since you're in PA. Best arcade ever. RIP. :(

One in the same. When were you at Sappy Valley? I may have given you change.

Haha you worked there? Awesome. Yeah I was at Penn State from 2000-2005 and wasted many hours at Playland on Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2 and Star Wars Pinball.

1. Ultracade's Street Fighter Anniversary Edition.

2. Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

3. NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC

4. Time Crisis 4

5. Initial D 4th Stage

6. DDR Supernova

7. Air Hockey

8. Super Shot Basketball

9. DrumMania V2

10. GuitarFreaks V2

The last two are for me, but I think that it's a decent list. It's a cookie cutter college arcade setup, but I can't really deviate too much if the goal is to be succesful.

Mine wouldn't stay in business very long, because it'd be marketed exclusively to 30+ slackers like myself. Maybe I'll put it in my basement to keep costs down.

1 - Galaga

2 - Black Tiger

3 - Rygar

4 - Mat Mania/Exciting Hour

5 - Mortal Kombat II

6 - NBA Jam

7 - Pepper II

8 - Dragon's Lair

9 - Q*Bert

10 - Elevator Action

Or, I might just go all pinball, all the time:

1 - Twilight Zone

2 - Addams Family

3 - Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

4 - Star Trek: The Next Generation

5 - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

6 - Lethal Weapon 3

7 - High Speed

8 - The Getaway: High Speed 2

9 - Demolition Man

10 - Cue Ball Wizard

10A - Cyclone

10B - Taxi

It's an old Capcom quiz game with a Dungeons and Dragons theme. You move around a game board and fight monsters by answering trivia. It has some gimmicks like items that let you choose the topic (normally random) or remove two of the four possible answers you can select for each question, and some other stuff. It's kind of neat.

2 - Black Tiger

Awesome. I used to play this all the time at the convenience store a couple of blocks down from my house. Nice little Castlevania/Ghosts 'n Goblins hybrid.

This list cheats a little bit, but it works out pretty well, I think.

1. Time Crisis 4

2. DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th MIX

3. Virtua Fighter 5

4. NBA Jam: Tournament Edition

5. Ms. Pac Man / Galaga

6. Hydro Thunder (three synched cabinets)

7. Neo-Geo MVS cabinet with the following slots:

• Metal Slug 3
  • Samurai Shodown
  • King of Fighters '98
  • Bust-A-Move
8. MoCap Boxing

9. Dungeon & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara

10. Don Pachi

No pinball makes the cut (though I'd certainly include Twilight Zone, Super Mario Bros., and Star Trek: TNG, if I had additional slots), just because they seem like they could potentially be a maintenance nightmare. And fuck a "skee ball" - that requires putting down money for ticket munchers, prizes, and people to man the prize desk and make sure little Tommy doesn't heave one of those things into the DDR cabinet.

Arcade owners should lower the prices. I can't count the number of people that would dump untold amounts of money into a machine and play, if it didn't cost $1 to play for 30 seconds on some of these shooting games. It's not that they aren't willing to spend $1, they are, but $1.00 for a few plays, not one.

Arcade owners should lower the prices. I can't count the number of people that would dump untold amounts of money into a machine and play, if it didn't cost $1 to play for 30 seconds on some of these shooting games. It's not that they aren't willing to spend $1, they are, but $1.00 for a few plays, not one.

and that's excatly why I'll play pinball at a arcade (if they have it) instead of newer arcade games. It's really the cheapest game you can play and probably the longest game you can play, unless you get robbed and all 3 balls go straight down the shoot...I hate those pinball games.

<br />It's an old Capcom quiz game with a Dungeons and Dragons theme. You move around a game board and fight monsters by answering trivia. It has some gimmicks like items that let you choose the topic (normally random) or remove two of the four possible answers you can select for each question, and some other stuff. It's kind of neat.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It, along with an updated version about Capcom game history, is on Capcom Classic Collection 2.

Fucking kids.

Old school is at the very least an Asteroids machine, if not Space Invaders or if you want to go balls out, Tank or Boot fucking Hill.

12 years + old is pretty old school to me. You're talking, like, ancient. It's a little hard to get behind choices that have been on a bunch of compilations discs over and over again. But like you said, you don't care really about making money.

Hey goddamnit. I was with him. When I hear oldschool, I am thinking most of those games too...well...maybe a little more recent. Like Galaga and Cenipede and Donkey Kong Jr. (or Donkey Kong 2 where you just have to shoot him in the ass all game).

Guest Smues
All these pinball mentions and not one person chooses Scared Stiff? Weak.

Never played it. I don't think I've even seen it.

sstif_bg.jpg

sstif_pf.jpg

Turn out the lights, it's time to get SCARED STIFF!!!!

Turn on the Stiff-o-meter!!!!

Guest Smues

Theatre of Magic is awesome. When I started having Scared Stiff withdrawls I found Theatre of Magic in the student union building at EWU and it filled the void quite nicely.