WEDNESDAY

Diamondbacks (Livan Hernandez) at Yankees (Mike Mussina), 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

SATURDAY

Giants at Red Sox, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Braves at Indians, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

Angels at Dodgers, 3:55/12:55 PM, FOX

SUNDAY

Mets at Yankees, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

It's been a couple of years, at least. They hardly ever skip them, even when the Mets were really, really bad. Maybe some other network snagged the Saturday game?

I'm glad Gardenhire finally figured out Nick Punto shouldn't be a starting third basemen. With no help available at Rochester, the Twins need to make a trade for a legit third basemen.

Guest George's Box

Convert Joe Mauer to a third baseman. That guy has too much upside and physical growth remaining to bang him up as a catcher.

Jon Lester was activated from the DL today and optioned to Pawtucket. He still had a rehab start remaining, which means that he is likely going to be down in the minors for a good chunk of this season. We probably won't see him up until the need absolutely arises as there would be no reason to burn an option otherwise.

It's just nice to see that he has fully recovered. With Tavarez doing an admirable job as a 5th starter, there was no need to make a large roster shift. He'll get his chance in '08.

After being down 7-0 earlier in the game, a Casey Blake double ties it at 7-7 in the bottom of the eighth for the Indians. It woulda been 8-7 Cleveland if David Delucci hadn't been gunned down at home plate on the play. Great game so far.

Guest George's Box

Houston is down 1 heading into the top of the 9th, and Lee and Berkman just did some great fielding, so the rally is a foregone conclusion.

EDIT: And it's Dempster, too, so all you have to do is be patient and let him beat himself.

EDIT 2: Well shit, that was a miracle.

Phillies fans - what's the scalping situation like at Citizens Bank Park? I was hoping to go the the Mets/Phils game on the 29th, but the website says it's sold out.

Phillies fans - what's the scalping situation like at Citizens Bank Park? I was hoping to go the the Mets/Phils game on the 29th, but the website says it's sold out.

Try Stub Hub.

Not as bad as the Phils signing Joe Table, but the Astros have signed Chan Ho Park to a minor league contract. Uh-hmmm.....

Try Stub Hub.

I'm considering that as a last resort, but the markup's kinda steep. Just my bad luck that Fireworks Night is the night I'm in Philadelphia, I guess.

So, Elijah Dukes got a 17-year old girl that was staying with him pregnant and, when she told him about it, he "threw a Gatorade" at her. Ah...gotta love the D-Rays prospects.

Verlander still has the no-hitter going through 7 and nearly lost it on a Corey Hart line drive to right field, but Ordonez made an impressive sliding catch to keep it alive.

That Elijah Dukes story is so sad yet so hilarious as well. Throwing at Gatorade? Give me a break.

Maybe he was just thinking of the unborn child and making sure the girl replenished the much-needed carbohydrates and electrolytes lost from the body through sweat and exertion from banging.

Verlander will carry his no-hitter into the ninth when he will face the top of the order. The Tigers just concluded the top of the eighth with a beautiful looking 6-4-3 led by Neifi Perez.

This is on track to be the shortest baseball game I've ever watched, with it probably going to clock in at two and a half hours.

He has 'at least' five children with four different women. And his wife recently got a restraining order against him after he tried to murdilate her. Was Dukes the one that threw the bat at the ump last year or was that Delmon Young? I get all these trouble-ridden D-Rays prospects mixed up sometimes.

He has 'at least' five children with four different women. And his wife recently got a restraining order against him after he tried to murdilate her. Was Dukes the one that threw the bat at the ump last year or was that Delmon Young? I get all these trouble-ridden D-Rays prospects mixed up sometimes.

It was Young. Maybe they just need to get out of Tampa.

I hope that I'm watching the Verlander no-hit bid on ESPN hasn't jinxed it. 8 1/3 innings...2 strikes to Graffanino...Strikeout. 12 Ks. JJ Hardy up next.

Strike 1!

Foul, strike 2!

God, I hope he gets it...

Foul...Hardy's tardy but stays alive.

I really like Verlander...

There's an Al Kaline sighting.

High fly ball.

He got it!

Congrats, Justin Verlander for the first non-White Sox no-hitter this year!

Wow, Verlander completes the no-hitter and with it the best pitched baseball game that I have ever watched. I was also wondering about the ESPN jinx because I was sure it got put on there towards the end (which viva already stated).

The final line for Verlander tonight: 9 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 12 K, and 4 BB on 111 pitches (76 of which were strikes). Congrats to him.

For my Yahoo! fantasy league gameday thing, after each game it gives the top performer for each team. For the Detroit/Milwaukee game it reads:

Top Performers:

Detriot-Brandon Inge 2-2, HR, 2RBI, 2R

Milwaukee-Craig Counsell 0-4

I would've given it to Billy Hall. I mean, nobody had a hit, but at least Hall had 3 BBs.

On the broadcast they said it was the first no-hitter for the Tigers since Jack Morris in 1984.

I caught the last inning. He looked filthy.