TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Flight of the Conchords

Premiers on HBO at 10:30 this Sunday (after Entourage.)

Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement are your typical sad-sack, self-absorbed struggling musicians, trying to get laid and book club gigs where they might actually get to play after dark. (Their manager makes the daft agent on "Extras" seem helpful by comparison.) It's all pretty standard stuff, shot on a dime against grungy New York backdrops.

Part of the lyric

"You're so beautiful ... Like a high-class prostitute ... You could be a part-time model."

I can't wait for this. The previews have been making me laugh.

Apparently you can watch the entire first episode on hbo.com now but I'm gonna wait for tomorrow.

I really liked it. Some LOL jokes and some great songs.

It would have been even better but the commercials gave away some of the better jokes.

I watched the comedy special from 2005 On Demand earlier, and it was pretty decent.

I like Jemaine...

Yeah - I like this show a lot but I can't see it lasting more then one season. I don't know.

I thought the first episode was awesome, but I totally understand it not catching on as well.

I'll keep watching anyways. Not every day you get to see a guy try to pawn a cake.

I really really love this show. Some of the songs are hit and miss, but the most lollerful moment came at the New Zealand Expo:

"All the ladies with your babies, make your babies shake their booties, yeah!"

That Rhymenocerious and HipHopapotamus song was fucking hilarious.

"Be more constructive with your feedback."

Guest aaron24wood

The Conchords have a show?!?!?! AWESOME!!! Must find a download...

Last night's show was phenomenal. If anyone watched the first one and didn't like it - I suggest watching last night's on Demand and maybe changing your mind.

I'm not expecting everyone to enjoy this - it seems like the kind of show you can watch with a room full of people and maybe 40% love it and the rest hate it.

Real funny episode last night, though. The songs were great and the whole mugging interplay was hilarious.

Not to mention Murray's management skills..."Brent, haircut? You don't know many musicians with long hair, do you?"

"Ok, gigs. You want to play a gig at night? No - I won't allow it. It's not safe out there."

Sometimes, I lose confidence when I freestyle...

Sometimes, I lose confidence when I freestyle...

Theres a picture of New York! Theres a picture of New York! Theres a big, fat, crazy picture of New York! Freestylin'!

Two hour love song.

Hilarious.

"Would you really climb the highest mountain? No? How about making it more realistic."

Fuck, I'm pissed I procrastinated watching this, I've been pissing myself every episode and some of the songs are really good and even the ones that aren't fit well enough. Terrific cast as well, the supporting characters of Mel, Murray and Dave all work great.

Murray is really turning into the comedic powerhouse.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, Jemaine. It appears as though Planet Jemaine has supernovaed. It'd currently turning into a black hole."

"Oh no, when did this happen?"

"4 million years ago, I'd suppose."

I like Mel, too. But the star of the show, to me, is easily Jemaine. Dude cracks me up. I can't wait for Eagle vs. Shark.

Murray is really turning into the comedic powerhouse.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, Jemaine. It appears as though Planet Jemaine has supernovaed. It'd currently turning into a black hole."

"Oh no, when did this happen?"

"4 million years ago, I'd suppose."

I like Mel, too. But the star of the show, to me, is easily Jemaine. Dude cracks me up. I can't wait for Eagle vs. Shark.

I just saw Eagle vs. Shark the other night at the local indie theater. I loved it and seeing as I've mostly heard Flight of the Conchords and only seen them once, I totally didn't realize he was the star!

the past couple weeks I've been saying "Ginger balls" and "dick meeting" in a new zealndish (new lealandee?) accent and I've yet to stop laughing.

I'm still processing the absolute laugh riot that is "Business Time"

That was probably my favorite episode. The first song to cheer Brett up and the entire conversation afterwards about dressing him up in a wig was hilarious, as was just about everything in the episode.

"Ok we really need to be at our tops for this. Brett, don't be bulimic. Jemaine, look after Brett. And me, well, don't screw this up, I guess would be what I would need to do."

Oh my god, what an episode.

It was already cruising a long as a great pace due to the Murray sequences... "Don't you guys remember, you talked me off the roof?" and "Yeah, DVD. Dubbed video dubbed."

Then it got better when Dave was like, "Did you SEE Escape from Alcatraz? Forget about it."

But then the Murray song at the end.

God, I love this show. I didn't think it would last but I see/hear people talking about it everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets renewed for another season or two.

Murray is the best character on the show...

The fruit stand guy and Jermaine and Bret giving the Australian consul the finger at the end had me pissing myself.

And yes, Murray runs this show. Weird not seeing Mel hanging around in the stairwell outside the apartment.

Show is brilliant. Are they only going to do one season like JFC?

They're working off of songs that they already have in their repertoire, so I wouldn't be surprised. I'd like the show to go on, but they're going to run out of material at the end of the season. The song "If you're into it" was a song written for the show, but was a pretty simplistic song, musically, consisting of two simple guitar chords and a piano scale. If you watch the music video, when Jemaine plays the toy piano, it looks like he has deformed hands.

I think a couple songs were written just for the show, some of the later ones anyway. And if you're into it was on their EP so who knows if they wrote that just for the show. They also still haven't done Jenny, which is definitely their best song.

I think a couple songs were written just for the show, some of the later ones anyway. And if you're into it was on their EP so who knows if they wrote that just for the show. They also still haven't done Jenny, which is definitely their best song.

Agreed, but that might be a little hard to weave into an episode. It's like a 7 minute song, anyways.