TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest flairfan

July WWE 24/7 Discussion

Guest flairfan

i never got any Dusty Legends matches added. Also No backlash2007.

I did get the 2 part Survivor Series 1993. I recorded it on 2 dvds. I love it when they split it, cause I dont have a Double Layer Recorder and I record everything in SP speed.

Eh, I just record both parts on the same disc at LP mode. I don't really care for splitting up the discs.

Does anyone want to shed some light on exactly why Shawn quit/was fired/was suspended in late 1993? I have always found this bizarre. He was pretty much the only logical guy to put in the match with Lawler's legal troubles though, and it did lead to the WM X ladder match.

As far as IRS goes, I stopped giving any sort of a shit about him after Money Inc. broke up. So I didn't really remember the IRS/Razor feud.

I too noted Luger's hilariously cheesy family opening (his wife wasn't especially hot either). UT was certainly the most over guy on that team, I should think because he was the lone guy who didn't go in for the campy red, white, and blue rah rah stuff. Luger going around waving the flag against a group of not especially evil foreigners was phony, and combine it with him not winning the title it's easy to see why it didn't get over. 1993 was simply not a time for the Good American vs. the Evil Foreigner angle, since the USA wasn't really fighting anyone and the Cold War was over.

Guest krippler27

From Wiki:

After a much-hyped but ultimately disappointing feud with Mr. Perfect, Michaels quit the WWF in September 1993. It was announced that Michaels had failed to defend his belt enough times during a set period; in reality, he had been suspended for testing positive for steroids — a charge that Michaels denies to this day. After turning down WCW's advances, Michaels returned to the WWF and made several appearances in the United States Wrestling Association during a WWF/USWA cross-promotion. He returned to WWF television for November's 1993 Survivor Series, substituting for the arrested Jerry Lawler in a match pitting himself and three of Lawler's "Knights" against Bret, Bruce, Keith, and Owen Hart.[6]

From Wiki:

After a much-hyped but ultimately disappointing feud with Mr. Perfect, Michaels quit the WWF in September 1993. It was announced that Michaels had failed to defend his belt enough times during a set period; in reality, he had been suspended for testing positive for steroids — a charge that Michaels denies to this day. After turning down WCW's advances, Michaels returned to the WWF and made several appearances in the United States Wrestling Association during a WWF/USWA cross-promotion. He returned to WWF television for November's 1993 Survivor Series, substituting for the arrested Jerry Lawler in a match pitting himself and three of Lawler's "Knights" against Bret, Bruce, Keith, and Owen Hart.[6]

thats very interesting to know that, guess we all learn new stuff everyday

It's too bad SSeries 93 doesn't contain a video recap of Undertaker joining the All-Americans by revealing an American Flag design on the inside of his trenchcoat.

Speaking of Undertaker, I thought it was odd how their HoF'er / Legend video for reminding us we're watching 24/7 was Sherri. They really should get dead people out of that rotation.

To this day I still don't know the deal with Mr. Perfect. I thought over the years I heard he missed the show due an emergency, but he was gone for several months and it really sounds like Razor is burying him before the match (though others I've asked about this didn't get that interpretation).

I know it was short notice, but looking back that Michaels thing seems really forced. He was announced what, a week or less before the event? How do knights fir his gimmick? Why is this such a huge match for the Harts if Michaels has only had a week to make fun of Stu? All irrelevant, all rhetorical, but I felt like saying it none the less. Does anyone recall how the Lawler thing was handled on TV? I vaguely recall Jack Tunney making an announcement about it but I don't know recall what was said.

Guest uruloke

Backlash 2007 finally showed up, but still no prt 2 for survivor series 93. Hopefully it will come up later since I been waiting to see it.

Backlash 2007 finally showed up, but still no prt 2 for survivor series 93. Hopefully it will come up later since I been waiting to see it.

who is your cable provider uruloke i'd call them or e-mail WWE, honestly i've been pretty lucky so far with 24/7, i've had maybe a couple of issues with it and i've had it for over a year

Guest uruloke

I have Charter, this is really the first time I had a problem with things showing up. I'm gonna email WWE about and if that doesn't work, then i'll contact charter to see if theres anything they can do.

I have Charter, this is really the first time I had a problem with things showing up. I'm gonna email WWE about and if that doesn't work, then i'll contact charter to see if theres anything they can do.

thats a good idea, i got Insight for my cable provider

I don't think we had Raw in Canada yet by this time and to this day I have no idea what the story behind Monsoon and Heenan is. Did Heenan do something especially dastardly to make him fear Monsoon (and eventually get thrown out of a Raw taping / the WWF) or was the idea just that years of arguments between them got Monsoon to his breaking point?

It was just the years of arguments between the two. It was odd, because the two had more or less stopped working with each other entirely by that point, so it wasn't even like Heenan was around that much to annoy Monsoon. It was just that all of a sudden, Heenan was making more mean-spirited remarks about Gorilla. Heenan's contract was about up, though, so it seems like that was the best they could come with to explain his eventual departure.

I love watching the original PPV airings of these shows to see all the stuff that was edited off the home video release. The opening part of Survivor Series 1993 with Luger and his Family and the Star Spangled Banner haven't been seen since 1993.

Three-man announcing crews as a rule of thumb are generally terrible. The only exception to that rule without question was Monsoon/Heenan/Piper. Three guys who loved to talk and yet, they all got their say in without denying each other their chance to chime in. And it's always great to hear Piper call a Warrior match. He does nothing to hide the fact that he absolutely despises the guy.

I have actually heard most of that Michaels stuff before, about his brief departure in 1993. He wasn't really that huge so I can believe him when he says he wasn't on the juice. But then why frame him? There's something more to this than we know. And if he did test positive and had to be fired, why not job the belt off him?

Hell, did Shawn ever lose a friggin title after this point? He was stripped of the IC there, he and Diesel were stripped of the tag belts due to having a falling out, he was stripped of the IC again after the Syracuse incident, he did lose the WWF title to Sid in the ring though (though he got it right back in his hometown, so it's not like it was some big sacrifice). Of course there was the notorious "Losing my smile" forfeit of the belt. And I think he and Austin were stripped of the tag belts in 1997 too, though Austin ended up tagging with Dude Love and they won the belts.

From 1993-97 Shawn lost the WWF title in the ring once to Sid, and I guess there was the silly non match with HHH over the European title.

Guest Dolfan483

Anybody notice that they didnt edit out Mean Gene saying WWF in Hulkamania Forever when there interveiwing him on the set of Suburban Commando?

From 1993-97 Shawn lost the WWF title in the ring once to Sid, and I guess there was the silly non match with HHH over the European title.

And let's not forget he only lost the title to Sid because he was more concerned with his mentor having a attack of the heart due to a meeting between his chest and a camera. I was just reading the WON from the week after this and Meltz was real critical of them using such an angle and then going off the air without any resolution about whether Jose was going to be okay or not.

The juice allegations seem odd, since Michaels was pretty FAT around this time.

when did TNT end because the current episode is Best Of 1985

Some time in 1986. Ratings were awful and Vince jumped off the sinking ship, placing Mean Gene as the host from that point on. I can't wait for those episodes.

ok i dont know if this has been posted but here it is:

-- A bumper/highlight reel of the late "Sensational" Sherri Martel airs prior to the Survivor Series 1993 program that was uploaded on WWE 24/7 on Tuesday night. She says we're watching WWE 24/7. Survivor Series 1993 then opens up by showing Lex Luger, his wife Peggy (now ex-wife) and two children sitting by the fireplace in their large mansion. The Luger family then wishes all the viewers at home a 'Happy Thanksgiving'. And so much for the Chris Benoit ban on WWE 24/7. An "International Flag Match" between Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko from the 11/22/99 WCW Monday Nitro was uploaded in the Shorties section on Tuesday night.

http://rajah.com/base/node/8526

can anyone verify if that match popped up because i havent seen it on my 24/7

Guest flairfan
Eh, I just record both parts on the same disc at LP mode. I don't really care for splitting up the discs.

Not me. I am BIG on quality. I want the best possible. I Record in FLEX mode, which means for 1 1/2 hour it fills up the entire DVD-R. This ensures me of the best quality possible.

The Ultimate solution(Best quality on 1 DVD). Would be to use FLEX Mode on Double Layer Disc. However, I am not yet prepared to buy another recorder capable of Double Layer Recording. Plus Double Layer Discs are still pretty expensive. (2.00 to 2.50 per each disc).

I have twice tried to watch the Foreign Fanatics vs The All Americans and twice fallen asleep. I love how Rick Steiner gets pinned off of a botched spot though.

Try staying awake during the Sting/Koloff Russian chain match. That shit was horrible. This is the weakest WWE 24/7 has been imo since starting my subscription.

Don't get me wrong I love the line-up and am a fan of Survivor Series 93 (or was when I was younger). The new batch of Shorties are much weaker than the first 5, though (I imagine Benoit/Malenko is fine but I don't have it). Actually the first 5 weren't that great either except for Slaughter vs Sheik. I'll probably watch the Match Made in Hell later because I have a soft spot of nostalgia for that match.

I know I'm late for saying it, but the Ted DiBiase "You're watching WWE 24/7" clip is totally awesome. The dollar signs in his eyes, the moves hitting right on cue with his music, the cackle. Ted was so great.

Finished watching the MNW......man, looks like we won't see Shawn Michaels ever again. Can't wait for next show where Bret goes ballistic.

I don't think I will ever tire of seeing the Nation of Domination entrance. I always wondered who were the random dudes accompanying the Nation. There was fat-D'lo, Clarence Mason and PG-13 but I don't recognize the rest of the group, which disappeared when Faarooq did his "You're ass is fired" promo after King of the Ring. Did they ever explained why Clarence Mason left Owen & Bulldog for the Nation ? Seems like he was managing them just last month.

I got an answer from Cogeco about the missing shows since May and, according to them, *cues Snitsky's music, Duh-Duh Duh* it's not their fault. They receive a list every Tuesday from WWE for the midnight update, the Legends roundtable and the newer PPVs don't figure on their list. They say that even though WWE post these shows as an update on their website, it's mostly for the American consumers and these shows are not necessarily availlable for the Canadian audience. I've sent a email to WWE but only got their automatic reply. How did the full updates suddenly stopped since May ? That's must be punishement for us not letting go of SS 97.

I've been having full update problems with my Cogeco since I became a subscriber in August. The iffy adds are always the same - Legends Roundtable, PYBO, and recent PPV. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes not.

Clarence Mason mainly just stopped managing Bulldog/Owen because he served no purpose in their storyline. I don't think there was ever a storyline reason for it, not even "he sold their contracts to so and so." The amusing irony is that Owen was a pseudo member of the NOD a year before he joined for real due to the brief Mason/NOD connection.

And yes, Sting/Koloff was a really boring and awful match. But it's from the 1991 GAB, so it's not like it can be expected to be good or anything. A part of me wishes they would show that PPV at some point, just so I can experience the total nightmare.