TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Benoit inviting Regal to watch tapes and then not letting him in kinda fits in with the whole Benoit paranoia thing.

I just hope Regal himself isn't going to die young as a result of his own previous problems.

Benoit inviting Regal to watch tapes and then not letting him in kinda fits in with the whole Benoit paranoia thing.

Well, at least one person knew he was convinced someone was following him as well. I have to wonder why Regal or anyone who knew about this paranoid behaviour didn't alert someone or voice their concerns about Benoit to management.

You get that a lot in situations where some guy snaps and kills a bunch of people. After it happens there are always people lining up to say how crazy the perp was, how paranoid he was acting and how it was obvious they were a ticking time bomb. Except nobody cared enough to do anything about it at the time. It's very frustrating.

Regal got his heart fixed and I also doubt he's on the gas and doesn't work a high impact style, so I don't think he's in too much danger

I think it's likely that he takes care of himself now, but who knows how much damage was done to him over the years.

So which Wrestler's career will be hurt the most by Benoit in terms of old footage no longer shown and them working with Benoit?

Flair and the horseman from 1996-1999?

Jericho from WCW and WWE?

Angle? Then again, they really don't count him anymore these days in the WWE.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

So which Wrestler's career will be hurt the most by Benoit in terms of old footage no longer shown and them working with Benoit?

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Booker T

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Booker T

Oh yeah, forgot about him. I think they've had what? Maybe as many as 15 televised matches in WCW and WWE?

He definately takes the cake here.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Because the 10+ years before when they worked with Benoit didn't matter, right?

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Because the 10+ years before when they worked with Benoit didn't matter, right?

Since it's a WWE world and they control the footage, I'm sure the heavily emphasize the Triple H feud and HBK feud during those 2-4 months in 2004. I mean, hell, one of their biggest Wrestlemania Main Events now pretty much no longer exists. It was probably one of the bigger feuds for Hunter and Shawn so its gotta take something away from their careers, albeit not as much as other guys would.

I threw Bret in there because of the Owen Match and Mayhem where he won the WCW title. Sure, it may not be a long time they feuded, but those were two of Bret's better moments in WCW. So without Benoit, Bret's career in WCW amounted to nothing really.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Booker T

Oh yeah, forgot about him. I think they've had what? Maybe as many as 15 televised matches in WCW and WWE?

Booker T wrestled Bret in WWE? Did I miss something?

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Booker T

They probably had more than fifteen televised matches in WCW in 1998 alone. You had the best of seven series, which actually went to eight matches, as well as the matches before and after to set up and blowoff the feud.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

I'd say Jericho and Guerrero since they've had the longest feuds with Benoit. Angle is a good mention.

Well lets all those matches on Benoit's DVD are gone from future releases. Anything of the Horsemen in 95 to 99 unless there's matches or segments where Benoit wasn't present. Benoit's matches from SummerSlam and Survivor Series will be edited out when they do the Anthology sets for those, which really sucks because Benoit / Orton was the main event that will be cut. The entire 2004 Royal Rumble is axed and that was my favorite Rumble.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

Booker T

Booker T wrestled Bret in WWE? Did I miss something?

They're talking about him wrestling Benoit, not Bret. But Bret did wrestle Booker in WCW.

Doubtful. They just won't hype it up a whole lot. Then, when all the dust has started to settle, they'll bring it back up. Remember that they consider Jimmy Snuka a legend, and he killed a groupie.

But Jimmy Snuka was never convicted of the crime. He's like OJ Simpson of wrestling like that. A lot of people are pretty confident he killed his girlfriend, but can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I just had a thought:

Does anyone think that Meltzer possibily screwed up by reporting that JBL told Regal about Benoit killing Daniel? It doesn't seem to fit any timeline, JBL was doing commentary during RAW and openly weeped for Benoit's death. I'm leaning towards Meltzer hearing "John L" and thinking Layfield instead of Laurinitus. I'm sure that the tributes were being taped as RAW was going on as opposed to being taped prior to RAW going on the air.

Meltzer usually double checks everything, so I don't think he'd mistake JBL for Johnny Ace.

They did the tributes before the show started I assume.

Triple H?

Shawn Michaels?

Eddie Guererro?

Bret Hart?

MVP- Benoit basically made this guy and made fans take him seriously.

Randy Orton-First world title win.

Meltzer usually double checks everything, so I don't think he'd mistake JBL for Johnny Ace.

They did the tributes before the show started I assume.

It just seems off to me that JBL would float the idea to Regal then proceed to go out there and act somber over Chris Benoit's death, despite him having knowledge or even the thought that Benoit was a child murderer. JBL always came off to me as an honest and off the record kind of person, I don't see him being so much of a company man that he would go out there and honor a child murderer.

Though, it wouldn't be totally out there for JBL to have the thought. I remember that by 7:00 PM EST, we were hearing rumors of murder-suicide from Meltzer and company, everyone just assumed that it was Nancy that killed Chris and Daniel. Maybe John knew better and figured out that it was Chris but had to toe the company line by going out there and acting somber. In retrospect, WWE should've just canceled the damn show until they knew more.

I don't think it's that odd that JBL would ask Regal if Benoit might've killed his son. Regal, at least at one time, knew Benoit very well and Layfield was probably just kicking tires to find out whatever he could since he was just as confused and inquisitive as the rest of us were. There were people in this thread floating the idea of murder-suicide within twenty minutes of the news being posted on wwe.com. It's not much of a jump to hear about three deaths, feel shocked/sad and then start asking the next logical question.

I agree with tapout. Those other guys aren't going to be especially hurt by the lack of Benoit footage, it will the fans that are hurt mostly by not getting to see those matches and segments. The Horsemen stuff in WCW is annoying to watch now and I wish they would just forget about erasing Benoit, since it's insanely stupid to also erase Ric Flair and Arn Anderson from WCW shows. The other guys mentioned like Jericho, Angle, Eddie, HHH, Shawn, etc. all have had legacies outside of facing Benoit.

MVP will be hurt the most. They already can't even mention who he beat for the US title and really little of his work outside of the Benoit feud has been all that notable.

Orton is now hurt as well, but I have to wonder if he won't beat Cena to give him a title win they can actually refer to besides the Benoit win.

Who cares about Orton, since Randy beating Benoit was only done to erase Lesnar's name from the "youngest champ" claim? It wasn't like it was the culmination of an epic feud. I'd venture a guess that most people have already forgotten Randy's "reign" as champ. Removing Benoit isn't going to do any harm to Randy.