TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The supermarket tabloid "Globe" has what they are calling a "world exclusive" interview with Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, a man Chris Benoit idolized and patterned his career after.

Billington claims to have warned Benoit about the dangers of steroids saying, "I warned Benoit to be careful - the wrong combination could send you over the edge. I'm convinced that's what happened here. He got it wrong, and his wife and son paid the price."

Billington says Benoit was "puny" when he first met him, "But, like me, he was a bit puny at first and had to put on the weight if he was to survive. Steroids were the only answer."

Billington lashed out at his former protege, "I feel no sympathy for him. We all knew the dangers. Benoit should have known his limits. We've all been through it, but we didn't take it out on our loved ones. His poor wife and child didn't deserve to die just because Beniot screwed his life up. I'm glad he's dead!"

The supermarket tabloid "Globe" has what they are calling a "world exclusive" interview with Tom "Dynamite Kid" Billington, a man Chris Benoit idolized and patterned his career after.

Billington claims to have warned Benoit about the dangers of steroids saying, "I warned Benoit to be careful - the wrong combination could send you over the edge. I'm convinced that's what happened here. He got it wrong, and his wife and son paid the price."

Billington says Benoit was "puny" when he first met him, "But, like me, he was a bit puny at first and had to put on the weight if he was to survive. Steroids were the only answer."

Billington lashed out at his former protege, "I feel no sympathy for him. We all knew the dangers. Benoit should have known his limits. We've all been through it, but we didn't take it out on our loved ones. His poor wife and child didn't deserve to die just because Beniot screwed his life up. I'm glad he's dead!"

I'm guessing Tom forgot what he wrote in his book about how he held a pistol to his wife.

So the more that has come out of this article, has anyone had their opinion of him change?

From the first few posts when this story broke to today?

Is the majority of the opinions out there is that he went from Wrestling Legend to a piece of crap?

My thoughts haven't changed since the police announced he did it. He's a wrestling legend AND a piece of crap.

JINGUS WANT ALL THAT INTERVIEW.

I didn't know Benoit the man, so my opinion of him was limited to his in-ring performer persona. Thus only when the ordeal emerged did I actually fully form an opinion of him as a person. He's a man who had some disturbed end to his life. I still like him though as a performer.

The entire situation will be fucked up probably forever since we don't know why what happened actually happened. None of the people closest to him even know why he did what he did. When you factor in the fact that the guy has seen how many people that he was close to die young, which gets magnified when you think of what he did for a living and when he started wrestling, it paints a cloudy picture. The man lived almost his entire adult life in a business that can steal your soul. The entire steroid controversy glosses over the fact that a man that EVERYONE that knows him even at a professional level is baffled at why/how he would kill a wife and son that they all say he loved deeply. That is probably the saddest part of the entire story, is that this man was fucked up in some way and needed professional psychicatric counseling

My best guess to all this is Benoit came home and got into an argument with his wife about wrestling full-time. Nancy got drunk and probably threatened to leave Benoit and take Daniel with her, which caused him to snap and kill her in a crime of passion. After he snapped out of it, he realized what he had done and lost it even more since he probably didn't mean to kill her. His wife was now gone and his son would be without a father as Benoit knew he was fucked by facing a life sentence in prison and his wrestling career would be no more. Instead, Benoit chose to kill his son in the most humane way possible before taking the coward's way out by taking his own life in brutal fashion rather than waste away behind bars living the rest of his life with the vile acts he committed forever haunting him. He is now going face to face with The Devil himself, suffering eternal damnation! However, I think he left the bibles as his way of asking for forgiveness.

This is some CSI shit!

The Benoit murders were done by a satanic cult. Apparently there's even evidence to support the theory.

No, thats not me saying it, but "The Globe", one of those tabloid things that catch your eye in the check-out lane. I thought it was amusing.

Yeah, I read it. The Kevin Sullivan murder theory is nice to think (for conspiracy fans) about and would make sense if Benoit hadn't talked to his neighbors and WWE officials about Nancy / Daniel coughing up blood.

By the way, Nancy had to have to neck surgery a year or two ago. Was it ever reported what caused it? I'm assuming a car accident.

So the more that has come out of this article, has anyone had their opinion of him change?

From the first few posts when this story broke to today?

Is the majority of the opinions out there is that he went from Wrestling Legend to a piece of crap?

I would say the majority of people now consider him amoungst the lowest peices of scum on the earth.

I really don't know what to think of it all to be honest. On one end I see a man with such passion for his craft and the desire and mental thoughness to will his way to the top. I also see a man that, perhaps, applied too much pressure to himself which rendered him unstable. Then I see a man who's world was turned upside down when his best friend died of a heart attack.

Then on the other end I see a man who either snapped or planned to kill his family. I see a man who always took the high road in life, only to take the subway out.

As for him professionally and all of his phenominal matches; Maybe down the road I may be able to watch them and appreciate the classics that they are. I do own the Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks DVD and I can pretty much gaurantee that I will never watch the feature to that disc again. The matches? Maybe. But I'll never be able to stomach the feature again.

On the flip side; If Eddie Guerrero was to die in one of his random, drugged out "trips", what kind of a legacy would he have?

Also, Mike Awesome took his life not too long ago, how does that effect the way people look at his career?

Then again, neither one of them will ever be labelled murderers.

Eric Bischoff shoots.

The Bandwagon Is Full

Great.

Congress has “requested” documents from WWE relating to their drug testing policy. I hope that the likes of Dave Meltzer and Wade Keller are happy. I am sure they are, as more than likely they might get a chance to be on television, or at the very least will see the traffic to their websites and subscriptions to their wrestling tabloids increase. After all, they worked hard to contribute to the media frenzy that rushed to vilify the wrestling business. They continue to promote the “death and drug culture” on their websites and prop up self-promoting sycophants that still can’t deal with the fact that they are irrelevant.

This is nothing more than a chance for a handful of parasitic politicians who feed off the teat of the public coffers, and are more reliant on television face time than Joanie Laurer to extend their careers.

Perhaps congress hasn’t heard about the immigration problem, or issues like Katrina. Perhaps the fact that government funded and administered programs that allow astronauts to fly space shuttles while legally under the influence of alcohol is just not newsworthy enough. Maybe the fact that members of their own body like U.S. Representative William Jefferson is accused of soliciting bribes, laundering money, obstructing justice and hiding pay offs in his freezer is just too mundane and doesn’t equate to votes. Or how about the esteemed member of congress from the state of Florida (Bob Allen) that was recently arrested for offering to polish the knob of an undercover police officer in a men’s room in exchange for a $20.00 bill? Congress feels the need/opportunity to stand up (get face time) and investigate professional wrestling. I’ve got a better idea. Hey Congress: investigate thyself.

Here’s a news flash: a disproportionate number of people who a drawn to the entertainment business appear to be predisposed to drug/alcohol use and abuse.

Go investigate that.

Hey Mero, go compile a list of musicians who have died prematurely of drug/alcohol abuse. Why is there no drug testing by the record labels that have these musicians under contract? Keller, dig into the fact that approximately 300 professional athletes in the NFL/NBA have been arrested on charges ranging from public urination to murder over the past 7 years. Find out if there is a drug/alcohol connection. Meltzer, why don’t you do the state of California a favor and find out why movie studios (many of which are public companies) don’t require drug testing of any kind yet we are deluged with reports of drug and alcohol inspired havoc on our highways by people that influence large segments of our society?

For all of you that think I am some kind of apologist for WWE: Your wrong. I am not under contract with them and do not expect to ever be again. I simply resent the fact that people have exploited a tragedy to promote themselves, their wrestling tabloids, their talk shows camouflaged as news, and in many cases, their need for attention.

While I am no longer a part of the wrestling industry, I do care what happens to the wrestling business. I have friends that work behind the scenes in the industry and feed their families, pay their bills and pay their taxes with the income they make in the wrestling business. I agree that too many people have died as a result of drug and alcohol abuse (including steroids). But to suggest that some kind of government oversight of professional wrestling is going to solve a problem that in my opinion is rooted within the fact that there are members of the medical community (already highly regulated by the government) willing to unethically and illegally provide addictive/dangerous controlled substances that are produced by drug companies (also highly regulated by the government) is wrong. As long as there are celebrities in the entertainment business that are determined to get their hands on and abuse prescription drugs, there will be doctors like Anna Nicole Smith’s and Chris Benoit’s that will be willing to supply them.

The proposed congressional hearings are not a criminal investigation. It is simply a way for politicians to get face time and try to convince their constituents that they are looking out for the publics’ interest by flogging professional wrestling. Because of the Benoit tragedy, professional wrestling is an easy target right now.

The Marc Mero’s, Lanny Poffo’s, Wade Keller’s and Dave Meltzer’s of the world have helped by distorting facts and promoting their points of view on shows like Nancy Grace and in their wrestling tabloids in order to get attention for themselves. The problem is that they are blaming the wrestling business. And that’s not the real problem.

I agree with him for the most part........I'm a bit tired of the people who act like Meltzer is this beacon of all knowledge and hope and would never lie or do anything for personal gain uh huh. These days all Dave does is talk about how MMA rules and act as though he's embarassed to be a wrestling fan or even associated with it. If he really feels that way maybe he should move on and do his dream of MMA Observer.

If Bischoff really wanted to get his attention all he'd have to do is make fun of MMA........

The Bandwagon Is Full

For all of you that think I am some kind of apologist for WWE: Your wrong. I am not under contract with them and do not expect to ever be again. I simply resent the fact that people have exploited a tragedy to promote themselves, their wrestling tabloids, their talk shows camouflaged as news, and in many cases, their need for attention.

Smell the irony.

Maybe Eric should talk about the brilliant drug policy WCW had under his watch.

I agree with him for the most part........I'm a bit tired of the people who act like Meltzer is this beacon of all knowledge and hope and would never lie or do anything for personal gain uh huh. These days all Dave does is talk about how MMA rules and act as though he's embarassed to be a wrestling fan or even associated with it. If he really feels that way maybe he should move on and do his dream of MMA Observer.

If Bischoff really wanted to get his attention all he'd have to do is make fun of MMA........

Meltzer's wrong for pointing out that wrestling has a scary amount of deaths and a bad drug problem?

Meltzer's wrong for pointing out that wrestling has a scary amount of deaths and a bad drug problem?

And with wrestling's reputation, which the ongoing steroid stories haven't helped with, I can't think of many people who would openly proclaim themselves to be wrestling fans. It's not like people would do that anyway, but with all the Benoit coverage and what could happen with congress, I can see people being even less open about their fandom now than they were before.

No.......he's wrong for acting like he hates something he covers but continues to do so for money reasons I'm guessing. He seriously acts like MMA is the end all be all and he hates and is embarassed by wrestling. I stopped getting the Observer because of this, like I said if he really feels that way quit covering wrestling.

I didn't pay money to read a wrestling newsletter that was half full of MMA shit. Or read opinions from a guy who acted jaded about anything American wrestling related then would relate shit to MMA. I also don't enjoy his condescending speak...."You're a fan I use to be, you're stupid I'm not" that is how he comes off to me a lot of the time.

Dave's a lot smarter than I think people realize at times.....sure he can't write for shit, has terrible grammar and spelling skills but hey. This is a guy who managed to take something called the WRESTLING OBSERVER and put more MMA in it than wrestling numerous times. When he would talk about wrestling, especially WWE. No matter what the story was if it involved a smart mark darling..knowing his audience that man was always painted as the underdog being held down by the man.

Wrestlers are dying left and right, dirty doctors are prescribing ass loads of steroids to guys and congress is about to swoop in on the WWE.

But no, DAVE MELTZER is the real problem here.

Some people are so fucking stupid that they don't deserve to be using the Internet.

Wrestlers are dying left and right, dirty doctors are prescribing ass loads of steroids to guys and congress is about to swoop in on the WWE.

Some people are so fucking stupid that they don't deserve to be using the Internet.

No, Dave isn't the real problem here. The drug abuse in wrestling is the problem. I should have been more specific about what I meant when I said that I agreed with Eric. I just have a problem with Mero and every other wrestler who has been long removed from the 'E' acting like they know what the fuck is going on backstage. Surely, they have more of an idea than any of us would have since they were in the business, but why not let people who are actually in the locker room tell their accounts?

I do realize that I'm sure there has to be some sort of privacy policy in effect keeping some of the workers coming on and saying what's really going down. It could ruin lives etc. Just like the whole baseball scandal.

Long post short, Mero needs to stfu.

I do realize that I'm sure there has to be some sort of privacy policy in effect keeping some of the workers coming on and saying what's really going down. It could ruin lives etc. Just like the whole baseball scandal.

Doesn't that pretty much nullify the entire paragraph you typed above it? Everyone is whining that Meltzer must have some agenda since he "hates" wrestling (yeah right, he hates wrestling, you fucking idiots). So, like, a guy UNDER CONTRACT wouldn't have any agenda? They're the guys we're supposed to put our faith in to be 100% honest about the goings on in the company?

But look at what a great distraction it's been for certain people. Never mind addressing the real problems or providing ideas for a solution to those problems; much better, and easier, to blame outside forces for being too negative and having an agenda so as not to deal with pesky things like responsibility. In the case of Eric, I'm sure he's just waiting for the right time to talk about how pro-active he was in dealing with the issue of drug abuse when he was in charge of WCW.

I just have a problem with Mero and every other wrestler who has been long removed from the 'E' acting like they know what the fuck is going on backstage. Surely, they have more of an idea than any of us would have since they were in the business, but why not let people who are actually in the locker room tell their accounts?

Because the WWE would fire them if they said anything other than the company line? "Tests are great, nobody on drugs, everything peachy keen!" Besides, remember how the WWE ordered its workers not to talk to the media unless it was set up by the office first?

Doesn't that pretty much nullify the entire paragraph you typed above it? Everyone is whining that Meltzer must have some agenda since he "hates" wrestling (yeah right, he hates wrestling, you fucking idiots). So, like, a guy UNDER CONTRACT wouldn't have any agenda? They're the guys we're supposed to put our faith in to be 100% honest about the goings on in the company?

Have you actually read an observer lately.......

Look I've thought of Dave for a long time really has nothing to do with this story. I was talking of Dave in general more than Dave and this story.

I do however think it's kinda funny for someone to get that mad that I have an opinion of Dave Meltzer though. Calling someone a "fucking idiot" for having an opinion is high class though let me tell ya. Read an observer if you think this man really loves wrestling I'd beg to differ. He probably did once but it's obvious anything WWE related he hates, hell you can read stuff from 20 years ago and see that it was still there then. I think Dave has grown jaded to wrestling, which is fine he has a right to do that. That his opinion, Vince ruined wrestling for him he's not the only guy who thinks that.

I think he still covers wrestling because most people that still read the observer and pay his bills are wrestling fans reading that, his MMA fixation by itself wouldn't sell as many copies. I don't dislike the guy personally I just like what his coverage turned into over the past few years.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows Bischoff doesn't like him or well any of those guys seeing as he says dirtsheet in his book about 500 times. He says mostly good things but throws in his jabs, Bischoff would make a hell of a cable news show host though he seems skilled in speaking that way.

My opinion of Dave is simple this story or not, he's a guy that is into MMA now and jaded to wrestling. He doesn't like McMahon and never has......so when it comes to Vince I won't always take what he says at face value. Just like when every time he'd have a news story about a smark darling like I pointed out. Those guys could never do any wrong and were always the underdogs being held down...Dave's a smart guy like I said, he knows how to sell papers even if he throws in his jaded view these days.

I always get the impression that Meltzer is somewhat embarassed, that his claim to fame is being a pro wrestling journalist.

That's pretty much what I think too, and like I said if he really does feel that way then put out the MMA Observer and let someone else who really wants to and has some passion for it cover wrestling.

I doubt he'd do it though seeing as most of his readers are wrestling fans and not MMA fans....

I just have a problem with Mero and every other wrestler who has been long removed from the 'E' acting like they know what the fuck is going on backstage. Surely, they have more of an idea than any of us would have since they were in the business, but why not let people who are actually in the locker room tell their accounts?

Because the WWE would fire them if they said anything other than the company line? "Tests are great, nobody on drugs, everything peachy keen!" Besides, remember how the WWE ordered its workers not to talk to the media unless it was set up by the office first?

touche` my friend.