TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

For what it's worth, if this stuff about GHB is true w/ Benoit, that may be the most reasonably plausable explanation for all this versus the goddamned steroid explaination. No doubt the media will probably just sideswipe this news though.

To take it a step further, is it possible the doctor that has pretty much bailed and left town (or did they find him now? I was gone all weekend and trying to catch up with the news behind it all) gave this to Benoit? If so, that is VERY fucked, indeed.

Guest JaimieOliver
I threw it away a few days ago.

Hey if you are just going to throw away your Benoit stuff........send it to me, my physical address is....

I only had the DVD. It's at the dump by now.

I'm not a big memorabilia collector. I only collect sports jerseys.

:huh:

My "I DID IT" RIP Mr. McMahon shirt should be here tomorrow. I ordered it during the first hour of RAW before it was pulled. Awesome collector's item!

In regard to the GHB story, Eddie Guerrero was under the influence of GHB when he wrecked his car at 130mph in 1999 in what he later called an attempted suicide...take that as you will as that, as well as Regal's comment on the drug, may really explain what happened here --- almost in a way a complete going crazy effect.

I don't understand, GHB makes you go crazy? I thought it just put you down as to make the rape clean and breezy.

I dont know a whole lot about the drug itself, but from Regal's comments specifically, it really messes your head up where you do violent and almost "out of body/mind" things that one wouldnt normally do.

yeah, you're right. That poor kid seemed to be totally unaware of where he was or what was going on around him. Granted he was only 4 when that match went on.

Guest shoryuken007

Man, maybe this makes me a bad person, but when Benoit (during the above clip) went up to Shawn and HHH and lifted the belt right in their faces, I smiled a little. I always thought that was cool. I dunno, maybe it's a sign I'll be able to appreciate Benoit's work again someday.

Back on topic, Daniel looked oblivious to everything. Yes, he was 4 and probably a little overwhelmed, but I think you can look at it and see something wasn't clicking.

I've heard alot of shows with people talking about the tribute Raw and how Regal's comments were the oddest at first viewing but in hindsight make the most sense, as he was almost hinting that he knew something.

He may have been the other guy to receive a text and with all this talk of GHB it's even ODDER to think that Regal got his wwe second chance coming back from his drug problems by having that great match at the Pillman show with Benoit.

I've heard alot of shows with people talking about the tribute Raw and how Regal's comments were the oddest at first viewing but in hindsight make the most sense, as he was almost hinting that he knew something.

He may have been the other guy to receive a text and with all this talk of GHB it's even ODDER to think that Regal got his wwe second chance coming back from his drug problems by having that great match at the Pillman show with Benoit.

What did he say? I missed it.

Guest beau99
Didn't somebody say he could barely talk at age 4?

Yes, Chris Jericho did.

Guest CookieMueller

Many years ago, in the stupidity of youth, I would go to raves. I did GHB (or "liquid G" as it was always called) about 5 times, always at clubs because it was easier to find than ecstasy at that time, and much cheaper. I wouldn't say it gave you energy. It definitely did make you feel good though, and it loosened you up...made you not care about the stresses of life. I never heard about the bodybuilding aspect, but then again I can't think of why anyone would have told me that in a dark club at 3am. Eventually it completely disappeared from the area when a 19 year old guy dropped dead right on the floor of the main room everyone sat in.

My experience with it is that it is a really bad drug. I saw people pass out or vomit after taking it. If these wrestlers are/were taking as much of it as claimed, there's no way they're not suffering longterm consequences. All of these drugs effect your central nervous system, which can have effects even years after you stop taking them. That coupled with everything else they go through, it's no wonder so few wrestlers make it past 50. If you made a football player play 200 nights a year, plus fed him steroids, alcohol and a list of other mind and body altering substances, and then had the nerve to offer him low pay, no guaranteed future and no healthcare they'd be dropping like flies too.

No, there's a couple bigger threads in Classics, the Buffy and Angel threads notably, and I'm sure there's a few others lurking way back in the archives.

What did he say? I missed it.

Basically said that he refused to talk about Chris Benoit the person right now, and then said a few standard platitudes about what a great worker he was. Definitely came off as really uncomfortable about the situation and not wanting to talk about it.

SO I guess the only thing they won't need to edit Benoit out of is the 2001-2002 WWF Desire video with Kid Rock. I guess up to that point, he wasn't as big. BTW, I was surprised watching that again., no Mr. Perfect anywhere.

Is this the biggest topic in tsm history now discounting all the cwdwat?

I believe so.

The English Football thread in sports is still active and bigger (although this will probably catch it up at some point).

Man, maybe this makes me a bad person, but when Benoit (during the above clip) went up to Shawn and HHH and lifted the belt right in their faces, I smiled a little. I always thought that was cool. I dunno, maybe it's a sign I'll be able to appreciate Benoit's work again someday.

Back on topic, Daniel looked oblivious to everything. Yes, he was 4 and probably a little overwhelmed, but I think you can look at it and see something wasn't clicking.

I don't think it does because I did too.

More than anything though, when watching that or any benoit match these last few days is real sadness. Sadness that a man so respected and so liked by fans and his friends, will be forever remembered as the man who killed his wife, and son and then himself and not for great moments like the entrance and end of that match. The close ups of Nancy and the kids really gets to me. I just can not understand and will never understand why he did what he did.

Its hard to dismiss the countless praise by those who knew him and for that reason I can only surmise that he was completely out of his mind. Of course the main line of thought is it had something to do with the drugs but I can't help but think he had some sort of brain damage from all the years of being the business, maybe a combo of both. If he did indeed suffer brain damage and it caused the severe psychological problems that caused him to do this, it makes me a bit less angry at him for what he did.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287690,00.html

ATLANTA — The personal doctor of Chris Benoit surrendered to federal agents in Atlanta Monday as investigators probe the deaths of the professional wrestler and his family, FOX affiliate WAGA reported.

Attorney Manny Aurora said his client, Dr. Phil Astin, will speak to the media when he leaves the federal court building. Aurora described this as a meeting and there is no word yet whether Astin is under arrest.

Aurora said Astin was preparing himself in case charges are filed against him.

Federal drug agents have taken over the investigation into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before he killed his wife and son and committed suicide last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.

Attorney Manny Arora said he was trying to speak with federal prosecutors about their investigation of Astin.

"It looks like we'll get some results as to arrest, bail, all of those issues today," Arora told The Associated Press. "It may be today, we're not 100 percent sure."

Arora said he had not specifically been told Astin will be charged with a federal crime but he noted that investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.

"It's just my impression based on the preliminary parts of the investigation being done," Arora said.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Atlanta, Patrick Crosby, declined to say Monday whether federal prosecutors were planning any charges.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told The AP on Monday he had no plans to file state charges in the case.

Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and 7-year-old son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home.

Among other things, investigators who conducted the two raids at Astin's office were looking for Benoit's medical records to see whether he had been prescribed steroids and, if so, whether that prescription was appropriate, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because records in the case remain sealed.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Meanwhile, toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not yet been completed, Ballard said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Ballard said finding a motive in the case remains elusive.

"I think it will always be undetermined as to 'Why?"' Ballard said. "I think it's because there can't be any satisfactory reason why you kill a 7-year-old."

ATLANTA — The personal doctor of Chris Benoit surrendered to federal agents in Atlanta Monday as investigators probe the deaths of the professional wrestler and his family, FOX affiliate WAGA reported.

Attorney Manny Aurora said his client, Dr. Phil Astin, will speak to the media when he leaves the federal court building. Aurora described this as a meeting and there is no word yet whether Astin is under arrest.

Federal drug agents have taken over the investigation into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before he killed his wife and son and committed suicide last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.

Attorney Manny Arora said he was trying to speak with federal prosecutors about their investigation of Astin.

"It looks like we'll get some results as to arrest, bail, all of those issues today," Arora told The Associated Press. "It may be today, we're not 100 percent sure."

Arora said he had not specifically been told Astin will be charged with a federal crime but he noted that investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.

"It's just my impression based on the preliminary parts of the investigation being done," Arora said.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Atlanta, Patrick Crosby, declined to say Monday whether federal prosecutors were planning any charges.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told The AP on Monday he had no plans to file state charges in the case.

Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and 7-year-old son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home.

Among other things, investigators who conducted the two raids at Astin's office were looking for Benoit's medical records to see whether he had been prescribed steroids and, if so, whether that prescription was appropriate, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because records in the case remain sealed.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Meanwhile, toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not yet been completed, Ballard said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

"I think it will always be undetermined as to 'Why?"' Ballard said. "I think it's because there can't be any satisfactory reason why you kill a 7-year-old."

Seen this on CNN while I was having lunch. The video showed the 'DEA' busting down a door that looked like it belonged on a cheap motel room, so I'm going to make the educated guess it was stock footage and assume this guy didn't operate out of a roach motel.

I don't know if this had been posted already but here's an update on the mysterious Wiki editor:

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/06/wikipedia-anony.html

The anonymous Wikipedia user, who wrote an entry about Nancy Benoit's death 14 hours prior to police finding her, her son's, and WWE pro wrestler Chris Benoit bodies, is still at large. The user, known by his/her IP address 69.120.111.23, anonymously posted again, this time on WikiNews, explaining that the edit to Benoit's page was just a "terrible coincidence" fueled by rumors and gossip.

Despite the new post, no one knows who this person is. The user's IP address can be pinpointed to Turner and Pepper Ridge Road in Stamford, Connecticut, roughly three miles from WWE Headquarters.

another coincidence?

Seen this on CNN while I was having lunch. The video showed the 'DEA' busting down a door that looked like it belonged on a cheap motel room, so I'm going to make the educated guess it was stock footage and assume this guy didn't operate out of a roach motel.

Well, he DID live with his Mom...

They did, but nothing's going to happen to him. He was just being a troll by posting fake news on Wikipedia but it turned out to be true. His comments on Stacy Keibler are pretty funny though.

DR. PHIL ASTIN CHARGED WITH 7 COUNTS OF IMPROPERLY DISPENSING MEDICATION

ATLANTA (AP) -- The personal doctor of Chris Benoit was charged Monday with improperly dispensing painkillers and other drugs to patients other than the pro wrestler.

The seven-count indictment said Dr. Phil Astin dispensed drugs including Percocet, Xanax, Lorcet and Vicoprofen between April 2004 and September 2005.

The recipients were identified in the indictment by the initials O.G. and M.J. Benoit's initials were not listed.

Astin was expected to make an initial court appearance Monday afternoon.

A criminal complaint was also filed, but was under seal. A law enforcement official close to the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity before the hearing, said the case involves steroids.

Federal drug agents have taken over the probe into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before the wrestler killed his wife and son and committed suicide in his suburban Atlanta home last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.

Federal prosecutors are seeking the forfeiture of all property and proceeds Astin obtained through the illegal conduct if he's convicted.

Investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.

Toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not yet been completed, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said.

"We're still asking questions and searching for answers with regard to the death so we can tie up loose ends," Ballard said.

"I think it will always be undetermined as to 'Why?'" Ballard said. "I think it's because there can't be any satisfactory reason why you kill a 7-year-old."

Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home.

Benoit's father, Michael, said Monday that "it's impossible to come up with a rational explanation for a very irrational act."

"That's my feeling. Let the cards fall where they fall, we have no control over it at this point," he said. "It's just impossible to come up with a rational explanation for what happened."