TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

My point? Not everyone either has health insurance or is able to purchase it. I have a new hero. His name is Michael Moore. His movie Sicko addresses the issue of substandard healthcare for millions of Americans. I can't substantiate all his facts, but I can't disprove any of them. I think he is worh listening to. He's also very funny.

And I just lost my love for Victoria with that bit right there.

Think of all the delicious pizza at Fat Tony's. That'll bring the love back.

What small guy did they try and treat like a champion? Rey was treated as the the world's luckiest midget and constantly got his ass kicked. Jericho's run was pathetic, so pathetic he ended up building to his title defense against HHH by picking up dog crap. They made SURE the runs of the small guys failed just so it could be said their runs failed. They didn't book one of them like a champion, they booked them as jokes and the crowd responded as such.

Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart are 2 of the lowest drawing champions of all time......they were treated well as champion and didn't do good numbers. You can say it's the time frame all that....but it's still there.

I think he was just trying to say Vince doesn't hand out steroids.

True. He just gives the biggest pushes and the most chances to people with ripped physiques that are very rarely obtainable without chemical aid. No advocating there at all.

But at the same time, like the other guy pointed out. All the guys who've made the WWE top bank as big draw maineventers have been big guys. The small guys were low draws, failed maineventers.....it goes both ways, the small guys they tried basically didn't work.

It's a catch 22 you tell him don't push these guys it encourages use but at the same time company history says pushing a little guy is a bad move as a businessman.

While there is some merit in that, it's also true to say that Vince has rarely gotten behind the non-big guy when pushed at the top. Imagine if Jericho or Rey or someone else 'smaller' had got the kind of superpush that Lashley and Cena have received or are receiving where Vince pushes them strong for months on end. That's not say it would definitely have gotten them over, but I do think it's a little unfair to say it never worked when they've rarely got the same strong backing as the roided up guys have.

I don't think it's realistically possible to book Rey in any superman type role.......I get your point though. There are some guys who are smaller who can be taken seriously but that is very difficult....hell Benoit was considered smaller and even before this we all knew he was roided up.

Guest kettley

The funny thing about steroids in wrestling... who actually gets most benefit from using them? The naturally big guy or the naturally small guy?

Hogan without steroids is still 6'5'' and 250lbs.

It's been said by Meltzer that a guy like Benoit would never have been employed by a major company in the US without steroids and without them really he'd look like the guy who lives at the end of your street.

Austin wasn't exactly a big guy. He was roided up a bit, but not to the level of a Cena, Lashley or Batista. I really don't think it would have mattered if Austin was on roids, as long as he was given time to maintain a good, natural physique.

You know, I've talked to a few people online and at other boards, and we've all tried to predict what the WWE talking point would be after the press conference today.

Creating a distinction between steroids and testosterone never crossed my mind. Mainly BECAUSE IT'S STUPID.

Austin wasn't exactly a big guy. He was roided up a bit, but not to the level of a Cena, Lashley or Batista. I really don't think it would have mattered if Austin was on roids, as long as he was given time to maintain a good, natural physique.

Austin was what 6'3 250.......that's still much bigger than a guy like Jericho or Rey....or most of todays indy crop. I think he's bigger than anyone that works ROH, and most of TNA's roster.

A good example is Brent Albright who looked like an average sized WWE guy while on Smackdown then I saw him on ROH and he looked giant compared to everyone else.

You know, I've talked to a few people online and at other boards, and we've all tried to predict what the WWE talking point would be after the press conference today.

Creating a distinction between steroids and testosterone never crossed my mind. Mainly BECAUSE IT'S STUPID.

It's about public perception, most of the general public is stupid. Which is why a news show can promote non facts also.......it's really easy to mislead people the WWE can do it just as easy as the media can do it......all they want is the story and the pressure on them to go away so misleading people in this country isn't that hard.

My point? Not everyone either has health insurance or is able to purchase it. I have a new hero. His name is Michael Moore. His movie Sicko addresses the issue of substandard healthcare for millions of Americans. I can't substantiate all his facts, but I can't disprove any of them. I think he is worh listening to. He's also very funny.

And I just lost my love for Victoria with that bit right there.

Because it's Michael Moore?......all that movie is about is how screwed up the American health care system is, it isn't really politically motivated. I think most people would agree our health care system is totally screwed up and needs major change.

Just about everything micheal moore does is politically motivated. In the political arena, even most democrats know he is a kook and a political hack. . He is like the equivalent of what pat robertson, rush limbaugh and ann coulter is to the right.

Austin was like 6'3" and 250 lbs. That's a really big guy. I know that's not large in the traditional wrestler sense, but if you saw him walking down the street or in the gym you'd be awestruck. That's precisely the issue. Wrestlers as we have been conditioned to see since we were all little kids have been of unbelievable size and strength. You can't just expect steroids to go away and the business to continue as we know it.

Also, it is very weird how so many on the board want to call Lashley and Batista roid monkeys, but call Jericho or Rey small guys. Roids are roids and they affect people in different ways. It's all about genetics and dedication in the gym. There are some that might be easier to identify than others, but everyone in the company who uses is guilty. We can't pick and choose who we want to blame or who should be rewarded. We just don't know which guys are users.

Austin 250? Wow, ok. Ignoring the weight for a moment, how did he actually appear compared to the roid giants?

I always thought of Austin as a "regular sized WWE guy" not to big not overally small.....good sized which means to an average sized person he's big. He was never extremely ripped up like alot of the roid guys but he was obviously a bigger than average guy who could be taken seriously in his role.

What small guy did they try and treat like a champion? Rey was treated as the the world's luckiest midget and constantly got his ass kicked. Jericho's run was pathetic, so pathetic he ended up building to his title defense against HHH by picking up dog crap. They made SURE the runs of the small guys failed just so it could be said their runs failed. They didn't book one of them like a champion, they booked them as jokes and the crowd responded as such.

:lol: hilarious

Austin was like 6'3" and 250 lbs. That's a really big guy. I know that's not large in the traditional wrestler sense, but if you saw him walking down the street or in the gym you'd be awestruck. That's precisely the issue. Wrestlers as we have been conditioned to see since we were all little kids have been of unbelievable size and strength. You can't just expect steroids to go away and the business to continue as we know it.

Also, it is very weird how so many on the board want to call Lashley and Batista roid monkeys, but call Jericho or Rey small guys. Roids are roids and they affect people in different ways. It's all about genetics and dedication in the gym. There are some that might be easier to identify than others, but everyone in the company who uses is guilty. We can't pick and choose who we want to blame or who should be rewarded. We just don't know which guys are users.

Yea pretty much, you can look like Matt Hardy and be on roids......

I have a naturally large build with wide shoulders.....if I worked out and used roids I'd have much faster and more established results than a friend of mine who is very slender/thin and can't put on any weight of any kind.

Well no shit. Benoit would have been as big as Batista if his body was naturally as large. He certainly abused steroids to that degree. But instead, he just looked like a smaller version of the meat heads. He was still jacked and juiced to the fucking gills though. Steroids can pack in the muscle bulk, but it won't get a guy to grow 6 inches, or greatly increase his body frame (at least as far as I know). Guys like Batista and Lashley could look impressive without the roids. They just do them and end up looking like cartoony goofballs.

Well no shit. Benoit would have been as big as Batista if his body was naturally as large. He certainly abused steroids to that degree. But instead, he just looked like a smaller version of the meat heads. He was still jacked and juiced to the fucking gills though. Steroids can pack in the muscle bulk, but it won't get a guy to grow 6 inches, or greatly increase his body frame (at least as far as I know). Guys like Batista and Lashley could look impressive without the roids. They just do them and end up looking like cartoony goofballs.

That's what the HGH is for.......

Softballs or not, Cena is really the only guy on contract from WWE that hasn't come off as a idiot with the media.

Has he appeared on anything besides larry king? I mean just about anyone can look good on his show because of how easy larry goes on his guests. I'd be interested to see how well he does on something a bit harder hitting.

A few talking point:

1. Steroids aren't some homogenous chemical that just come in a brown bag with "STEROIDS" on the cover and instantly turn you into Chris Masters. There are many different kinds: testosterone, dianabol, winstrol, etc etc etc. There are all different kinds of mixtures, and different people's bodies react to them differently. Just because a person isn't very muscular doesn't mean that they don't roid. All kinds of random non-bodybuilders from New Jack to Tammy Sytch have done steroids without a single fan ever suspecting it.

2. Small guys have never been pushed as champions. Rey, like dude said, world's luckiest midget. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart did indeed draw low numbers... during the WWE's overall lowest-drawing period when even guys like Savage were drawing flies. And they drew BETTER than when big man Kevin Nash was pushed instead. And during the very short period that Benoit and Eddie were on top, the WWE was doing better financially than the previous year when Goldberg, HHH, and Brock were the top guys.

3. Look at who Vince pushes as legit champs: guys like Cena and Austin are the smallest out of the group. Much more common are the big monsters like Batista, Lashley, and so on.

3. Look at who Vince pushes as legit champs: guys like Cena and Austin are the smallest out of the group. Much more common are the big monsters like Batista, Lashley, and so on.

Look at the NWA champions (while they were legitmate). There certainly isn't a cruiserweight in that group.

2. Small guys have never been pushed as champions. Rey, like dude said, world's luckiest midget. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart did indeed draw low numbers... during the WWE's overall lowest-drawing period when even guys like Savage were drawing flies. And they drew BETTER than when big man Kevin Nash was pushed instead.

No, Nash was the lowest drawing champion in company history (JBL was nipping at his heels at the very least).

Look at the NWA champions (while they were legitmate). There certainly isn't a cruiserweight in that group.

Yeah, but from what I understand, the NWA BOD only wanted a champion who could handle himself outside of the ring, as to protect the Championship's image.

For example, these days, how would it look if their world champion (Rey for example) got punked out by some teenager?

i wonder if the press will die down now that its found that it was just Testosterone or what, i find it funny they didnt even really go into detail why Nancy had a Blood Alcohol level of .184

i wonder if the press will die down now that its found that it was just Testosterone or what, i find it funny they didnt even really go into detail why Nancy had a Blood Alcohol level of .184

Bis is going to yell at you and call you names......