TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion for July 2007

Umaga as a face?

Are they going to do that George "The Animal" Steele thing and book him to have some sort of puppy love thing with Sharmelle?

I can't really conceive how that would work based on their prior work with him.

I actually mentioned Umaga turning face back in the "What Would It Take to Get You Interested in WWE Again?" thread a week ago, I think.

Jesus guys, I was fucking kidding.

Just bring back Estrada, have him say the catch phrases and he'll be over huge.

He's got a great pop for beating the crap out someone annoying. Just have random mid card heels run their mouth's and have Umaga destroy them for a few weeks and he's over as a face monster. I'd love to see Estrada come back as well.

What exactly are they gonna do with Kennedy and Carlito at Summerslam now? With the way Raw was booked, I was thinking they were gonna turn the main event into a fatal 4 way.

Heads up to everyone - The Iron Sheik will be on the Howard Stern Show on Thursday. They've been playing his clips for a long time and finally got him to agree to come in. Bubba the Love Sponge is flying into NYC to be in the studio for it and they're going to have Artie Lange dress up as "Iron Sheik Jr." and come in and talk about Brian Blair and shit like that. Should be epic if you have Sirius or Torrent sites to get the show.

Bobby Lashley may be out the rest of the year. He injured his rotator cuff in March and was told at the time that he would probably be able to rehab it and be OK. I believe this past weekend he screwed it up again, so at Raw Monday the decision was made to put Mr. Kennedy over him clean after destroying his shoulder in a match.

The feeling at TV was that this was bad and he'll probably need surgery, which would put him out of action likely until 2008. We don't know for certain, though, as he was scheduled to meet with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham on Wednesday (day after we went to press) for a full evaluation. For those wondering, I would not classify this as a steroid injury. Plenty of athletes who have never taken steroids, including many gymnasts and wrestlers, have torn their rotator cuff.

Edge underwent his pec surgery last week under Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham. As it turns out, the injury was far worse than expected and he'll be out of action close to six months. It was believed to have been a partial tear, but instead the tendon had separated completely from the bone. “I didn’t think that the tear would be as significant as what we found when we went in," Andrews told WWE.com. "Initially, we had thought it was a partial tear, but it turned out to be much more significant – the injury could have been career-threatening if not properly repaired".

Rene Dupree was fired this week. He'd failed a few Wellness tests and had also been in and out of rehab. Bad month for that. Apparently he'll be fine. His father Emil was heavy into real estate and Rene, although only in his early 20s, has already invested in apartments in New Brunswick, plus it is believed he owns places in Louisville and Phoenix. A lot of guys lately have been moving to Phoenix since the real estate market has exploded. It is believed he'll head home and his father will run shows with Rene as a top star, and then in a year or so when (or, more importantly, if) this whole thing dies down, he'll return.

Rey Jr. worked some unannounced matches on the road this weekend against Chavo Guerrero. They did the knee injury gimmick based on Chavo putting him out of action last year, and Rey was said to look fine otherwise. They're also doing Batista vs. Khali matches that end via DQ when Finlay interferes, setting up Batista & Kane vs. Khali & Finlay which ends with Dave pinning Dave (Batista over Finlay). It's fascinating that apparently Dave vs. Khali is so bad that they can't even have them do extended singles matches on the road, yet they expect them to do an extended singles match on PPV.

OVW ran their biggest Six Flags show of all time on the 27th, featuring an appearance by John Cena defending the WWE Title and Jerry Lawler vs. KC James, and it was a disaster -- and when I say disaster, I mean a NATURAL DISASTER. It rained like a mother, a torrential downpour, and ultimately the show had to be cancelled.

They managed to run through most of the major matches, including Cena's win over Shawn Spears to retain the title. Spears, who is said to be the best in the company outside Cody Rhodes, had won a battle royal on TV to get the shot. Cena worked in the rain, with the ring slippery as fuck, and hit the FU for the pin. Say what you will about Cena, but this was above and beyond the call of duty for a guy of his caliber, particularly when you consider the dangers of trying to wrestle on a slick canvas.

Despite the rain it was still the biggest crowd in OVW history. They did a Divas scramble match that ended with Beth Phoenix pinned Nattie Neidhart. Harry Smith & Teddy Hart beat TJ Dalton & Jamin Olivencia (of Derby City Wrestling and the OVW intermediate class, getting a shot on the bigger show). Lawler beat KC James, who came out with Kenny Bolin and MINI B~!, his midget sidekick. They changed this to a no-DQ match, so Lawler got the pin with his piledriver, which is, in fact, still banned in Ohio Valley. Lawler clobbered Bolin with his briefcase and then punched the midget for good measure. At this point they were forced to stop the show, so at least they sent the fans home happy with a babyface win and Bolin and his crony being embarrassed.

There was a report on the Internet that Teddy Hart was rubbing people the wrong way in OVW already. I was told this week by one source that he was actually on his best behavior, and another source in the company said that any heat he had isn't "bad heat" (meaning, no one in management is upset with him), but rather jealousy by the other guys because he's a Hart, has a great body (he's jakked to the gills), and is an amazing athlete.

Steve Austin is selling his four-bedroom Malibu mansion for $3.9 million. He still has a ranch in Texas and is getting another place closer to LA since he's still doing film work.

Naturals may get a WWE tryout match on September 17th.

Kennedy on the Tom Greene show talked about being hired. He said he had a dark match with the company one day and Daivari, a friend of his, told one of the agents to watch it. Afterwards, the agent came up to him and said he was going to try to get him a job. So Ken turned his phone on and answered every single call for six months. Nothing from WWE.

One day Daivari called and said the company had just hired seven or eight guys. Kennedy was devastated, thinking he'd missed his chance. On a whim, he called Tommy Dreamer and said, "Hi, this is Ken Anderson from Green Bay." Dreamer said hold on, and put him on hold. Ken said he'd never done that before. So Dreamer came back on and said they'd been trying to get hold of him for several days and nobody had answered. Kennedy said no, I answered every single call. So Dreamer ran the number he had by him and lo and behold, wrong number. So anyway, Tommy got him the job and the rest was history.

credit: F4W Newsletter

Apparently the reports of Teddy Hart were greatly exagerated....

I thought the Internet would never lie to me!

Who reported the "heat"? Was it Meltz?

What's the deal with Meltzer anway? Was he refused a WWF tryout as a kid or something? 'Scuse my ignorance, just I never really used to bother with the internet sheets till last year, and for someone that spends so much time around wrestling, he seems to be quick to shit on everything.

Yeah, PWInsider reported that he's been on his best behavior as well, and was actually impressing people with how, ummm, non-douche-like he's been acting.