TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Floridian Cool

Perfect time to make CM Punk champion?

But it happened anyway and everybody is scratching there head pondering "WTF" a guy who hasn't been on Sci-Fi channel once gets the belt handed to him for some obscure reason. CM Punk got screwed again.

Nitro's been on sci-fi twice before.

Dumbass.

And to relate this to CM Punk the fans already watched him for years in other companies so they know what to expect from him in the ring. Its not like he is some nobody from the WWE developmental system who nobody ever heard of.

Absolutely wrong. At least 90% of WWE fans have probably never watched any indy wrestling, ever.

Smaller wrestlers are more entertaining because they can incorporate several different types of wrestling styles instead of being trapped in only doing choppy, choppy, punch, kick, trademark spot.

Absolutely right. And it means nothing, because Vince has proven, time and again, that he'd rather push giant bodybuilders than actual wrestlers.

Would I like to see Punk with the world belt? Truthfully, not really, I've got a variety of biases against the guy. But I'd still much rather watch him wrestle than Cena, Batista, or Lashley. Problem is, Vince disagrees with that statement, so it's all a moot point.

Considering that WWE fanbase includes girls then yeah I guess they never heard of anything that isn't on national tv or PPV I would say that this demographic would be 30% then rest might of found out about other wrestling companies through downloads on the net or tape traders or the indy that comes to town 3 times a year.

What if the govt finally finds a way to put Vince in jail? Surely then the company would go in a different direction, right.

As for Mada well why not Burke or Monty Brown or Vampire?

Once again: except for his boytoy Michaels, Vince has never put the belt on anyone that small. Why do you think he's gonna start experimenting now? Certainly not because of Benoit's death, as pushing Lashley and Kane shows.

Even though it was Vince and Steph's faults, they think Jericho and Eddie are "experiments" that didn't work.

No, Eddie's reign was Eddie's fault. Eddie couldn't take the pressure of being champion. so they took the belt off of him.

And why are people bothering to debate with razateca?

But it happened anyway and everybody is scratching there head pondering "WTF" a guy who hasn't been on Sci-Fi channel once gets the belt handed to him for some obscure reason. CM Punk got screwed again.

Nitro's been on sci-fi twice before.

Dumbass.

Yeesh... Take it easy Bro... A mistake is a Mistake.... I mean who really remembers how many times Matt hardy been to Raw....?

What exactly made Nitro championship material?

3.jpg

Alas... You are right...... but... I expected Nitro to blossom on ECW... Not so soon but blossom nevertheless..... Im proud of the guy, but to say he was

champ cause of a technicality.... i cant argue...

Eddie actually asked to have the belt taken off him so he could prepare better for it down the road.

WOW... I didnt know that..... but i mean he was to win the World Heavyweight Championship on the day he passed away... What a sight that would be... Edde Guerrero World HEavyweight Champion

Considering that WWE fanbase includes girls then yeah I guess they never heard of anything that isn't on national tv or PPV I would say that this demographic would be 30% then rest might of found out about other wrestling companies through downloads on the net or tape traders or the indy that comes to town 3 times a year.

What if the govt finally finds a way to put Vince in jail? Surely then the company would go in a different direction, right.

As for Mada well why not Burke or Monty Brown or Vampire?

It's too soon to pull the trigger on Burke and Brown will never get a fair push due to the fact he was a major player in TNA. Also Kevin Thorne isn't particularly likely to receive a push especially since they fired his manager. Nitro is someone Vince sees as a future top heel and he has already held the IC title which is really only one rung on the ladder below the ECW title. I think they have long term plans for Punk which is why Vince didn't just put the title on him.

I really hope Elijah burke gets to contention for the title... he has so much potential it aint funny

Ideally they can build a long term rivalry between Punk and Burke without them facing each other again one on one. Just let them take shots at each other in promos, really lay into each other in tag matches, commentate on each other's matches and subtlety feud over the next year. Have them both end up on RAW or Smackdown and build for them to be in one of the world title matches at Wrestlemania in 2009.

True.... but i mean think about this... at the bash.. Burke interferes in the ECW title match and costs punk the title and they all have a 3 way (No Pun Intended) at Summerslam!

True.... but i mean think about this... at the bash.. Burke interferes in the ECW title match and costs punk the title and they all have a 3 way (No Pun Intended) at Summerslam!

... and he jobs to Punk at the slam and gets back stuck at the midcard, while Nitro and Punk continue their feud. No, I prefer Burke to be used better, not just as a part of the environment in the Punk-Nitro feud.

... and he jobs to Punk at the slam and gets back stuck at the midcard, while Nitro and Punk continue their feud. No, I prefer Burke to be used better, not just as a part of the environment in the Punk-Nitro feud.

NONONO... He wont job perse but will still be in the hunt but we shall let time pass and see it unfold

Message Board Entertainer #1 intentional or not. I just don't see how Punk is going to be the future if they keep having him jobbed out to every time on tv to the extent that the fan won't believe him to be a contender its like RVD 2002 almost. I also don't see CM Punk as the next Tommy Dreamer nor Barry Horiwetz either.

He is getting buried. See, he's so good he should be the WWE champion by now, and booked stronger than Cena, smarter than HHH and more dominant than Great Khali. This is the proper way to book CM Punk.

Message Board Entertainer #1 intentional or not. I just don't see how Punk is going to be the future if they keep having him jobbed out to every time on tv to the extent that the fan won't believe him to be a contender its like RVD 2002 almost. I also don't see CM Punk as the next Tommy Dreamer nor Barry Horiwetz either.

At this point, it's like having a debate with a brick wall.

It's 2007. Titles are meaningless. Wrestlers today do not need titles to get them over anymore. Most casual fans realise that titles are just props.

I'm all for CM Punk as a world champ, have it be on RAW, ECW, or SD, I don't care. With all that's going on right now, I think one hell of a main event feud could be a face CM Punk against a heel Umaga. I'm not saying that because of Punk/Joe either, as I've seen very little of their work together.

I think that'll happen down the line, and I think it will be some great stuff when it happens, whenever that might be.

It's 2007. Titles are meaningless. Wrestlers today do not need titles to get them over anymore. Most casual fans realise that titles are just props.

then why are we so mad that cena's had one for so long??????

and why do we get angry when they're "devalued"?????

imagine the WWE without them.

then why are we so mad that cena's had one for so long??????

and why do we get angry when they're "devalued"?????

imagine the WWE without them.

Because wrestling fans and HHH get so wrapped up in "Titles actually mean something.".

They do. They're big fat labels that read, "This Guy is The Best", in storyline terms. They provide insta-feud motivation without needing one guy to accidentally spill coffee on another one in the back so that they can start fighting. Seriously, how would you book an entire wrestling show with no championships?

They do. They're big fat labels that read, "This Guy is The Best", in storyline terms. They provide insta-feud motivation without needing one guy to accidentally spill coffee on another one in the back so that they can start fighting. Seriously, how would you book an entire wrestling show with no championships?

And thats what makes them "props" if you will. They provide that extra motivation for a storyline or company to work, do they technically mean anything special......it all depends on how you look at titles to be honestly. Either you think they mean something...or you see them as props that the fans buy into.....or you can see them as both.

Im still perplexed as to why Nitro replaced Benoit in the match and not Elijah Burke. Burke would have made more sense to win the title in multiple ways.

Im still perplexed as to why Nitro replaced Benoit in the match and not Elijah Burke. Burke would have made more sense to win the title in multiple ways.

Cause Burke lost the #1 contender and such shit.

But... why was Nitro in the match at all? I know SOMEone had to be, since Benoit was busy making a little fort with his family's corpses, but why was Ntiro the substitute, when ever since Mercury was fired he's spent his time doing nothing but jobbing?

Cause Burke lost the #1 contender and such shit.

Since Benoit didn't show, he abdicated his victory over Burke in the tournament thus meaning that it would be logical for Elijah to take his place. Along with him already having existing issues with Punk, being an entrenched character on the program and just plain being better than Nitro, it would have made more sense.