TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

JAxl almost gets shot/mugged....

<reposted from my myspace blog>

I almost got mugged today. The 2nd job interview I was at, well the job will be in a place called Bridgeport, NJ, it's all industrial complexes and stuff. But the interview was in a town called Woodbury, which may be considered a ghetto, lol. I'm walking back to my car from the interview, and I get stopped by two black guys on bikes......."What's up deeewwwwwwwd" one of them asks me, in a surfer, white guy voice. Now I don't have the tan or the wardrobe to be a surfer, but I digress........I'm like "What's happenin" and attempt to keep walking. I know this isn't going to end well. One of the guys pulls his bike in front of me, the other guy is on the right. "You in the wrong neighborhood mothafucka!" the one guy yells at me. "You lost white boy?"

Now, I already had my hand in my pocket to get my keys since my car was right there, so I'm kind of deducing who to swing at first. A key between the knuckles will put anyone down, then I just have one to deal with....maybe I wasn't thinking clearly of course, but......It's hot, I'm irritated, and I know, like I said, it's going to end badly. There is no other option. I have to act quick.

I'm not as smart as I think though, as the guy on the right of me yells at me to take my hand out of my pocket, reaches under his shirt and pulls out a .38 (or so Chief tells me it was based on my description) and I get to look at it for a split second.........and a patrol car fucking swoooooooops down. The two black guys haul ass one on his bike, one on foot. They catch one of them, I don't know for sure about the other. I have to make a brief statement, and they let me go. But sheesh.....take one wrong step in one wrong neighborhood, and I was almost on the 5 o clock news...pisses me off.........but hey, I'm 25 and still bullet free, so I must be doing something right.....or lucky, lol.

I did not spit on her damn it.........she just accused me of it.

I never claimed to be living the high life, I think not living it is part of my charm. I may DRINK the high life occasionally, altho I am not proud of it.

I've been robbed at gunpoint before, it sucks. Happened to me when i was a soph. in high school. A friend and I were leaving a basketball game and we were stuck in a little traffic right outside the school parking lot. All of a sudden, some dude knocks on my window, black kid, probably a teen. He asks if I have some change. I told him no sorry and away we go. So we're driving a bit, then I notice we pass a car with about 5 black kids in it, the one driving was the one that asked me for money. I try to just jurry past them up to my left turn, but obviously he saw me as well and immediately swerved in behind us. So they're on our ass for a good few miles when finally I floor it, make a few turns and, so I thought, lose them.

We get to my friend's house and we're like "alright, let's get up here and hurry up in to the house!" Not thinking, I left my damn car running. Sure enough, no sooner did we exit the car, those same dudes came screeching right in behind us. Of course, we're both like "OH SHIT!" and we book into his house...but not fast enough, those 5 guys came bursting in right behind us. One of them pulled out a gun and told me to take my coat off, it was a Bills Starter jacket (remember when stealing those were all the rave?). Then he told me to put my hands behind my head and turn around. I did so and he put the barrel right into the back of my head. I couldn't even think straight. Meanwhile, one of the other guys strong armed the leather jacket off my friend and held him up against a wall. I'm sure my buddy was thinking the same thing "Oh man, we're fucked!"

Suddenly, we could hear a click clack sound...my friend's dad came down, complete in wife beater and boxers brandishing his 12 gauge and his Desert Eagle. Needless to say, those guys bolted out of there quickly...but of course, they took our coats and they managed to steal some shit out of my unlocked and still running car. They probably didn't take the care because it was a piece of shit Ford Tempo!

To this day, I still check my rear views constantly like a paranoid little bitch.

Slightly off-topic: I got a weird request once, about 7 years ago. I was taking a nap over my lunch hour in my car. I hear a tap at my window. It's an older white dude. I'm like "okay what the fuck..." and I crack my window just a bit. He pulls out a zip lock bag and says "hey man, do me a favor...can you pee in this bag for me?" I was like "Uh what???" he says "Sorry, I know it sounds weird...I have to go get a pee test for my new job and I don't think I'm going to pass it!" I really had no idea how to respond to something like this so I just told him "Oh man, you don't want my piss, I just smoked last night!" so he tells me thanks anyway and skulks off. Quickly, I get back inside work and let one of the managers know there's a guy requesting piss out in the parking lot. The guy was gone by the time they went out to look for him.

Why I tried to never, ever stop there whenever I was driving through.

And oh yeah, these stories perfectly illustrate why I wanna buy a gun and keep it on me at all times, and why I tell gun control nuts to go fuck 'emselves.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

When I was a teenager, I was sitting around getting cooked at my parents' place, and the dog started going apeshit outside, so I figured it was a deer. I looked out the front door to check, and saw a car idling with the lights off a little ways down the road. It was the middle of the night, so I grabbed the shotgun, walked onto the front porch, and racked the slide. The car put its lights on and hauled ass about fifteen seconds later.

Never found out who it was. If it were one of my dumbass friends, they would've told me. Probably some drunk taking a piss.

No one has ever tried to rob me.

it's ROUGH in the ATL!

That shootings at all happened in Alabama...which I guess if you have ever been to small town Alabama you would know isn't too suprising.

The robbing attempts happened in Atlanta and they are all kinda pathetic and funny. Once with a knife, once with a guy that said he had a gun but kept his hands in his pockets, once with a guy who just, i don't know, I guess his weapon was he was bigger than me. I kinda just laughed and walked away from "I am big" guy and "i really do have a gun in here" guy, but I just talked down knife dude using racist reasoning and my south side atlanta fake accent. "Come'on nah dawg, you out here pulling knives on yo niggas when all dem rich white folks up in buckhead wit the real money walking around wit nothing to worry bout? Dats some ol' sellout shit cuz. I'm strugglin like you."

So yeah, some white people probably got robbed that night instead of me, but I was in college and that was my last 20 bucks for like the month, so..well...fuck them.

Sometimes racist comments can save your life.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Slightly off-topic: I got a weird request once, about 7 years ago. I was taking a nap over my lunch hour in my car. I hear a tap at my window. It's an older white dude. I'm like "okay what the fuck..." and I crack my window just a bit. He pulls out a zip lock bag and says "hey man, do me a favor...can you pee in this bag for me?" I was like "Uh what???" he says "Sorry, I know it sounds weird...I have to go get a pee test for my new job and I don't think I'm going to pass it!" I really had no idea how to respond to something like this so I just told him "Oh man, you don't want my piss, I just smoked last night!" so he tells me thanks anyway and skulks off. Quickly, I get back inside work and let one of the managers know there's a guy requesting piss out in the parking lot. The guy was gone by the time they went out to look for him.

I can almost virtually guarantee this was to fulfill his sex fetish.

Probably wouldn't work on a white dude.

Yeah...probably wouldn't.

But if a white dude tried to rob me in a predominately black, bad part of town, I will give him whatever he wants because that fucker is crazy.

My cousin and I were shot at in high school. It was almost point blank range into his '79 Ford Bronco witha .357 magnum. You know the power those things have. What saved us was how cars were built back then. The metal casing of the window track was dented, otherwise it probably would have come all the way through the door and hit my cousin and/or myself.

Guest Vitamin X

I foiled a carjacking once while living in Miami, and another when I was in Vegas. I have no idea why people would go through the trouble of jacking my car rather than any other one. It's only a Chevy Tracker.

It certainly makes the prospect of living in Wiltshire a whole lot more appealing.

My parents were robbed at gunpoint when the owned a postal express store(think Mail Boxes Etc). The guy was pretty subtle about, just kind of flashed the piece, and had them empty the register.

The fact that so many of you Americans have been shot at scares me.

Three.

In a country of 300+ million.

Meh, my statement was based on a percentage as applied to this thread.

And of course, we all live/have lived in the `hood.

I'm from Portland fucking Maine....the baddest hood in the Pine Tree State, yo.

Actually, a guy did point what I believe was a gun at me (it was dark and he was a good 15 feet away from me). I was walking with my brother and a friend to the video store up the street and a car stopped and a guy jumped out, pointed what looked like some kind of gun at me and yelled "HEY!" and then he took a closer look at me, realized I was someone else and got back in the car and drove off.

Yeah that's my somewhat lame story.

Meh, my statement was based on a percentage as applied to this thread.

In a thread titled "JAxL almost gets shot/mugged."

You mean other people are going to tell their "almost gets shot/mugged" stories, too? :P

When I was a baby, some guy tried to steal the shitty hubcaps (they weren't rims) off my dad's piece of shit 1983 Toyota truck during the middle of the night

The little alarm he had, it went off on a beeper that was on his headboard (doin' it old school, yo), so he grabbed his 12 gauge and went outside. He snuck up behind the guy that was in the process of taking the caps off the truck, and put the gun right up to his head. He told me that the barrels were on the back of his skull, I tend to believe that to be the case considering some of the crazy shit my dad's told me about in the past.

So yeah, mom called the cops and they came and took the guy away.

We lived in Pomona and that wasn't the only trouble we had around there. We moved after our neighbor was shot and killed in a drive-by. He was walking to the corner store, was almost at our yard and was gunned down. That was the end of Pomona for us.

We lived in the hood until my parents decided that it was better to get credit card debt than take the risk of being killed. They couldn't afford the rent in this city for very long, then we moved to Rialto. My mom got in an argument with the crazy Mexican bitch next door and we had to move again. That's when the debt came.

I don't know about the hoods where you guys live, but the hoods around Los Angeles are fucking hood.

That above comment was made with the intention that someone would put it in their sig, ya know.

Me and my posse tend to consider East St. Louis the worst place in America. I've been to Compton and it's totally overrated, although they have worked hard to turn it around since the 80s, when crack first came out and the Compton police force disbanded. When your police force just up and quits, that's pretty bad. Tampa has a pretty bad ghetto. It's affectionately known as Suitcase City, because everybody there stayed at a different house every night because of their warrants.

The worst part of the San Francisco area is Richmond, where no business is open after sundown. I live in Hayward, which is sort of a third tier ghetto of the Bay area, but I live in the nicest part of it and it's not too bad. Offered weed now and then is about all.

I have a really good story about being threatened at gun point. It involved my uncle, who was severely schizophrenic. On his good days he was a great guy, but when he got crazy, it was really fucking crazy. This was in the 70s, when hitch hiking was very popular, and he was doing that and got picked up by a couple of black dudes. One got out, and he was sitting on the front seat between them. The guy in the passenger seat pulled out a gun and told him to suck the driver's dick. This was on one of his bad days, so apparently he ended up not having to suck the dick, but came off so crazy that they became so annoyed/afraid/sympathetic, that they said the hell with it and threw him out.

Boooo. Screw your Portland. Mine is better.

Man, I've hated Portland, Oregon ever since the local Top 40 station had a promotion where they gave away a trip and tickets to a U2 show in Portland, Oregon where they advertised it by saying "U2 are coming to Portland.....OREGON!"

And we just got voted Best Small City in the country by some travel magazine...so yeah!

(Now back to the topic)