TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Simpsons Movie

I thought the movie was great as well. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it really was a fun movie. The scene where

they re-jump the gorge

was such a nice throwback.

Yes, but the lack of

Homer again being horrifically injured in a hilarious fashion despite completing the jump

was disappointing.

I thought the movie was great as well. I wasn't expecting much going in, but it really was a fun movie. The scene where

they re-jump the gorge

was such a nice throwback.

Yes, but the lack of

Homer again being horrifically injured in a hilarious fashion despite completing the jump

was disappointing.

True. I was expecting that to happen as well. Still, I liked how

the original crashed ambulance was still there. Ah, the original version of that scene still kills me every time.

Incredible stuff.

Loved every second of it.

The subtle throwback jokes were too many to name (too bad the majority of the audience didn't get the references since , ya know, they weren't born yet.)

Like Bruiser said the lack of the secondary characters was suprising, especially Mr. Burns.

They made the right decision to go with a straight forward, albeit amped up, Simpson story instead of going the wacky route and having tons of pointless celebrity cameos (which I thought they would do from the beginning)

Enjoyed the movie, but the theater shutting the movie off the instant the closing credits started put more that a little bit of a damper on it.

Seriously... we saw the gag with

Homer and the nails on the roof

, the words Twentieth Century Fox Presents, and boom... the film was shut down and the house lights came up. We missed whatever happened in the credits.

Excellent stuff, can't wait to see it again with a different group of a friends on Tuesday.

Black!? that's the worst colour of them all! No offense, Carl / No problem, I get it all the time

The friend I went with liked it but also had the secondary character complaint. I read on wikipedia that "two movies worth" of stuff had to be cut including lines from Minnie Driver and Erin Brokovich. Maybe Skinner and co. had more lines in some of those cuts?

They obviously didnt want to throw a ton of 3rd level and below characters out there and risk confusing the casual simpsons fan/ non-simpsons fan being dragged to see it. Though Im pretty sure that just about all of them were probably in the mob to get Homer..

Also, Im found it hillarious the Rock has been religated to doing stupid Disney Comedies now..

Watched it Friday night (2nd to last showing since the previous 5-6 showings were sold out) and loved the film. The beginning of the film was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time with

Apu changing the dates in the montage, Homer asking who would pay for something that can be seen for free on TV and calling us idiots and the whole Bart scene where Ralph yells how he likes men now.

Saw it, Loved it. If you are a Simpsons fan, you won't be dissapointed, and at the same time the movie is straight forward enough for casual viewers to enjoy it.

"It grossed a combined total of $71,850,000 in its opening weekend, taking it to the top of the box office, and making it the fifth highest opening weekend for a July release ever, and highest July opening for a non sequel."

Also, in regards to

the death of Dr. Nick

:

In The Simpsons Movie, Dr. Nick is impaled by a large shard of glass and says, in his normal voice, "Bye everybody!" and then passes out, whether he actually died or not is unclear. However, James L. Brooks and Al Jean confirmed that Nick is dead, but will be brought back to life "à la Dr. Marvin Monroe."

"It grossed a combined total of $71,850,000 in its opening weekend, taking it to the top of the box office, and making it the fifth highest opening weekend for a July release ever, and highest July opening for a non sequel."

Also, in regards to

the death of Dr. Nick

:

In The Simpsons Movie, Dr. Nick is impaled by a large shard of glass and says, in his normal voice, "Bye everybody!" and then passes out, whether he actually died or not is unclear. However, James L. Brooks and Al Jean confirmed that Nick is dead, but will be brought back to life "à la Dr. Marvin Monroe."

That's nothing new.

How many times has Moleman died over the years?

It was pretty much the worst movie I've ever seen based solely on the fact that Russ Cargill didn't turn out to be Hank Scorpio in disguise.

You'd think he could have changed his voice just a little.

It was okay, but I didn't love it. I'll probably watch it again, but not in the cinema.

Say it at a bargain matinee. Definitely enjoyed it, and I got sick of watching any of the TV show years ago. However, the writing didn't seem as snappy as the early seasons to me, and at the beginning (where it seemed they were trying to do that), it felt really forced. However, it beats the show in spades for the sole reason that the writing wasn't so obnoxiously navel-gazing and the "celebrity" appearances were quick and used for gags. The funniest bits were the visual gags, though.

I'm guessing the pig was sucked into the sinkhole under a bunch of debris and died. They forgot all about him, it seemed.

Didn't like it much. A real mess.

tshomerflipsoffbn4.gif

The Homer at my theater is a double amputee.

Yeah, that's how it is here at a local theater.

It was a great movie. Some characters didn't get as much screentime as I thought they would like Burns and Smithers (did Smithers even talk?), etc. and some characters like Sideshow Bob must have been in jail or something. And where was Kang and Kodos? And Snowball? And I can't remember anyone else at the moment. There were many things I saw that I wasn't expecting (but I should have seeing it's a movie) like Bart Simpson's penis and Marge saying "goddamn", but you have more freedom w/ the movie so I dont know why I wasn't expecting them. I was happy Krusty got a few scenes as did Moe, Emperor of Springfield. The most touching scene of the movie was Marge's videotape to Homer. I was also glad they made Homer into the loveable oaf of Seasons 3-9 again instead of the asshole loaf seen in recent seasons. Anyway, it was a good movie and I'm happy it's doing well. I'd like to see it pick up an Oscar next year, but that Pixar rat movie will get it.

Nowadays, I find comedies to be completely lame and unfunny but I don't remember laughing so hard in a theater in all my life. That movie was great, on par with Season 2-9.

Sure, the secondary characters weren't used much but since it's only the first movie, the focus would have been on the more popular characters. They will surely be more implicated in the sequel(s).

Mediocre. I can't quite explain why, but the movie wasn't terribly funny or memorable.

I'm with you. I had some mild chuckles along the way, but it just felt like a more recent episode drawn out over an hour and a half.

Mediocre. I can't quite explain why, but the movie wasn't terribly funny or memorable.

Seconded, very blah IMO.

I had some chuckles here and there, but it took nearly half the movie before my first notable laugh (

Deathball

), at which point I had a few good laughs up until

the Tom Hanks promo, ending with the subtle thumbs up off to the side when the camera was focused on Bart

, which was my biggest laugh of the film, after which I went back to just mild chuckles/grins until the end of the movie.

It might not have helped that some of the can't-do-on-TV stuff had been spoiled by radio shows I listen to (

Bart's wang, "Goddammit!", Otto taking a hit

) so the shock value was totally evacuated, but even outside of that, still blah

It was pretty much the worst movie I've ever seen based solely on the fact that Russ Cargill didn't turn out to be Hank Scorpio in disguise.

You'd think he could have changed his voice just a little.

And then Scorpio turns out to be Brad Goodman in disguise? It's Albert Brook's voice. Phil Hartman used the same voice for practically all of his characters.

Personally I really enjoyed the movie. It blended aspects of all three generations of Simpsons and had a strong "Simpsons" plot. Even by looking at the writing credits you could see they pulled out the A-Team.