TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Simpsons Movie

Now, as a huge fan of Simpsons during their prime I will be seeing this movie out of loyalty due to the amount of one-liners and quotes it's given me to use in my everyday life.

Having said that I expect this to be the nail in the coffin for the franchise. Every single clip or line I've seen/heard from trailers, commercials etc. have made me cringe. I'll be there opening night but I'll be there with the expectations that I'll leave the theater with less respect for the people involved then I do now.

For some reason, that Spider-pig thing kills me.

I think I've seen about 4 new episodes over the past 3 or 4 years, but I'll go see this. It'll probably disappoint, but that's what happens when you're billing it as one of the biggest movie of all time.

I'm looking forward to this. I don't know what to expect though. But I can be added to the list of people who think the "spider-pig" moment in the trailer is hilarious. The song and the look on Marge's face are priceless. That's the clip that has given me hope and raised my anticipation for this film. I'm glad we're finally getting a Simpson's movie.

They're billing it as the biggest movie of all time?

Seriously?

I'm not sure if they've used those exact words, but saying stuff like 'the movie event 18 years in the making' will set the standards pretty high.

No Kwik-E-Marts down here, but certainly 7-11 has Buzz Cola, donuts, squishies, etc. I've gotten the Buzz Cola a few times.

Other than the mild chuckle I got from the moments of Homer with the pig, the movie looks horrible. I will try and wait for the 3 dollar theater to show it unless I hear tons of positive things about it. I'm currently waiting for Hostel 2 and LFODH to get there so another one wouldn't hurt.

Our Kwik-E Mart here in Vancouver gets LOADED with asians (who live here) that treat it like a tourist attraction. Its retarded. You have to go after 9PM to keep your sanity.

I think the movie will end up being as good as the Family Guy movie was. Any goos lines will be due to the languege/Content that they can use for the theater. Any PG good lines would have already been used by now throughout its 18 year run.

I'll see it on a cheap night.

I just hope they throw a few F-Bombs in there so its not a total waste.

Anything more then one F-bomb equals an R rating so there's next to no chance you'll see that going down.

Well, I read in an article that...

they do an Austin Powers type montage where Bart's dick keeps getting covered by random objects and then it misses once and you see it. I'm not sure how accurate the article was.

I'm genuinly excited for this flick.

I've always felt that hating on the Simpsons was done because it was "cool" to do, like hating John Cena in 2005.

I'll see it on a cheap night.

I just hope they throw a few F-Bombs in there so its not a total waste.

Anything more then one F-bomb equals an R rating so there's next to no chance you'll see that going down.

Your kidding me?

Thats the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.