TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Simpsons Movie

One thing that I did think was odd about the movie was how the President was referred to as President Schwarzenegger when it was clearly Rainer Wolfcastle, both in character and voice. I know that Rainer Wolfcastle, on the show, is meant to be a 'Schwarzenegger'-esque character, but I just thought it was odd that instead of calling him what he's been called on the show for the past several years, they referred to him as the celebrity he's meant to parody.

I thought it was a pretty funny movie, though it started to drag once they got to Alaska.

The first 20-30 minutes were hilarious, and I loved seeing Albert Brooks again

That's the only complaint I have with the movie. I have no clue why they did it that way.

I saw someone ask this in a ComiCon video but the audience just boo'd the guy and Dave Cohen's answer was the asker would be beaten. I don't know if it was becuase it was asked during a Futurama session or because that was considered a spoiler.

Yeah, I saw that also. I think they booed because they thought it was a spoiler or something.

Another "complaint" I thought of for The Simpsons Movie is that I wish that the Albert Brooks character

Russ Cargill had been, or maybe turned out to be because of a mask, Hank Scorpio. I know why they didn't, since many casual fans wouldn't get that, and it wouldn't make sense or even matter to those people who don't really watch the show and didn't see the Hank Scorpio episode, but still. I think it would've been awesome to see HS again, heh.

Yeah, I saw that also. I think they booed because they thought it was a spoiler or something.

Another "complaint" I thought of for The Simpsons Movie is that I wish that the Albert Brooks character

Russ Cargill had been, or maybe turned out to be because of a mask, Hank Scorpio. I know why they didn't, since many casual fans wouldn't get that, and it wouldn't make sense or even matter to those people who don't really watch the show and didn't see the Hank Scorpio episode, but still. I think it would've been awesome to see HS again, heh.

Remind of that episode please. Is that the one where Homer changes his name to Max Power?

No its "you only move twice", the episode where homer moves the family, gets his perfect job for a james bond-esque super villan, only for his family wanting to move back to Springfield. I think it's season 7.

I saw this today. It was pretty funny but I came out a little disappointed.

One thing my friend said to me that I thought would happen but glad it didn't was

Ned= Kid toucher. I know it's a PG13 movie but I thought they were going that way.

Sephiroth kills Aeris at the end of Disc 1

You son of a bitch! *throws PS1 controller down in a fit of rage and storms out*

Surprisingly enough I enjoyed the movie. Maybe its because I've refused to watch the series over the past 4 or 5 years but it seemed alot better than the last episodes I can remember watching.

The opening on the end of the sofa of that big display is for people to sit on and take pictures with. If your local theater wasn't allowing it then they're retarded because I even asked the workers at the theater we went to.

I finally saw it last week. really enoyable and not a dissappointment. Finally a story that had time to develop beyond a half-hour. Plus the tons of geat lines and sight gags. I liked how at one point they say "to be continued" on the screen cut to black, immediately to "right now!" great moment, that had the audience really thinking the movie was over. (idiots)

my favorite gag was when you saw grandpa was reading "Oatmeal Ethusiast Magazine"

anyhow great times and I will buy the dvd to see it again.

Well it looks like the DVD for The Simpsons movie might just be the greatest DVD in the history of all of history. Its loaded with special features, some of which are very Simpsonesque.

The Movie Presentation is in several formats, Widescreen, Fullscreen, Halfscreen View (where you only see half the screen), Ullman View (where the characters look as they did on The Tracy Ullman Show), Animatic View, Storyboard View & Pop-Up Plagiarism: A "Pop-Up Video"-style factoid bubble pops up every time a scene rip-offs a previous episode.

aspectratios.jpg

One of the hearing impaired languages is Futurama Alien Alphabet, there are EIGHT commentaries, documentaries, cast and crew TV interviews and a insane amount of deleted scenes.

Check it out for yourself here: http://rubbercat.net/simpsons/dvd.html

Guest Smues

Seven discs for only $29.99? I doubt that price is right, but fuck this can NOT come out soon enough.

Yeah, guys, after glancing over that site...I'm going to guess that it's a joke more than anything else.

Unless Rupert Murdoch and J.D. Salinger are going to be cutting commentary tracks, of course.

"An hour-long documentary detailing the history of The Simpsons phenomenon, from its inception in 1986 to the show's cancellation in 2011. (57 minutes)"

God I wish this wasn't some crazy joke. "Ullman View" sounds funny. Those deleted scenes sound really damned funny, so if they're fake (many of them sound based on stuff that did come out about the movie prior), kudos to whoever wrote them.

"The Wrong Guy: Mistaking him for Homer, the townspeople accidentally hang Peter Griffin from Family Guy"

So I bought the real DVD yesterday (which as many long ago realized is not 7 discs... in fact, it's just one). A neat thing I can't say I've ever seen or heard of before is that, with the writer's commentary, when they have something important to say and don't want to talk about it over something else, they actually stop the movie.

They did that on some of the Lost commentaries, they'd stop the show to go into detail about how they did certain scenes and special effects and whatnot.

Oh, and fuck whoever invented all those crazy features on the imaginary 7-disc version, because it makes me want something like that sooo damned bad.