TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnny B Radd

OAO RAW Discussion for 7/23

Guest Johnny B Radd

From WWE.com

John Cena overcame another massive challenge to his WWE Championship when he defeated Bobby Lashley in a classic at The Great American Bash. Meanwhile, Candice Michelle cemented her hold on the Women’s Championship with a hard-fought victory over Melina. These two champions will unite when team up on Raw to take on Intercontinental Champion Umaga and World Tag Team Champions Cade & Murdoch in the first-ever Champions Only Match.

One Superstar who had a milestone victory at The Bash was Randy Orton, who defeated Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bull Rope Match to add another conquest to his long list of destroyed legends. However, Orton tried to severely injure the “American Dream” with a vicious punt to the head, but Dusty’s son Cody intervened.

Cody, who would have suffered the same fate on Raw last week if his father had not stepped in, is now going o try to avenge his family when he challenges Orton in a rematch Monday night. Will Cody Rhodes teach Orton a lesson?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on Raw on Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Wait, did I read that right?

Cena/Candice vs. Umaga/Cade/Murdoch?

Oh god, that's going to be so goddamned horrible.

God I hope not. Then again, look at who we're dealing with here.

That match makes absolutely no sense. That said, I can't help but think we're going to see a Cody heel turn on his dad, just to prove they can outdo WCW in 1999. At least David Flair joined the NWO to nail Torrie Wilson. What would be Cody's reason? A deep, longing desire for Orton?

So awful. Why would Coachman/Regal/whoever put their #1 star who they don't really have any beef with in a handicap match, with his partner being a girl?

Cena better reach the 1 year mark with this title reign. Give Batista the 2nd string strap at SummerSlam, or have Punk win the thing Nitro has. Cena's the best in the world and deserves to reach 365 with the strap, IMO. This "reports claim Orton to beat Cena" nonsense is making me mad.

You'd think the WWE staff who send the TNA reports to Big Steph would say "Hey. TNA did this Match of Champions shit. It sucked."

From WWE.com

John Cena overcame another massive challenge to his WWE Championship when he defeated Bobby Lashley in a classic at The Great American Bash. Meanwhile, Candice Michelle cemented her hold on the Women’s Championship with a hard-fought victory over Melina. These two champions will unite when team up on Raw to take on Intercontinental Champion Umaga and World Tag Team Champions Cade & Murdoch in the first-ever Champions Only Match.

One Superstar who had a milestone victory at The Bash was Randy Orton, who defeated Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bull Rope Match to add another conquest to his long list of destroyed legends. However, Orton tried to severely injure the “American Dream” with a vicious punt to the head, but Dusty’s son Cody intervened.

Cody, who would have suffered the same fate on Raw last week if his father had not stepped in, is now going o try to avenge his family when he challenges Orton in a rematch Monday night. Will Cody Rhodes teach Orton a lesson?

Find out the answers to these questions and more on Raw on Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Shocking.

Are they this low on ideas after the ppv to come up with this for a main event? Good god.....

With that said, I can see some swerve and Lashley either replaces Candice or outright joins that team to make it a 3 on 3, and then turns on Cena, giving probably Umaga the win.

Speaking of another turn, I think its almost too obvious of a Cody Rhodes turn and I think at this stage, its far premature. He seems to be relatively over well for a newcomer, and I honestly think Dusty himself would probably fight against a heel turn for him, at least now, like crazy. And he's probably be able to get the right people in the right places to understand it isnt the right time to do it. Down the road, an Orton/Cody tag team might be something, though.

That match makes absolutely no sense. That said, I can't help but think we're going to see a Cody heel turn on his dad, just to prove they can outdo WCW in 1999. At least David Flair joined the NWO to nail Torrie Wilson. What would be Cody's reason? A deep, longing desire for Orton?

Maybe Cody will come out in all green body paint and declare himself EMERALD DUST! Ya know Cody Rhodes and Trevor Murdoch would be a perfect tag team...

If (more likely when)Cena "overcomes the odds" tonight, won't that really hurt the heat of Umaga and Cade/Murdoch? I mean, it's practically a 3 on 1 match.

Well I'd like to think WWE wouldn't book such a ridiculous match unless

1. Someone booked it half-asleep, WWE.com printed it, and someone else will discover this booking and cancel it.

2. They have a really good idea (meaning an idea that has been thoroughly planned, not necessarily an idea that is good) on where and what they want to do with this and how to build it up (perhaps Val Venis is the new Million Dollar Champion and will take part?) on Raw and explain the meaning behind why such a thing would be booked and how it effects the participants.

If it turns out this match is just a veichle to push Val Venis, I'll be all for it and mark out like a lil' bitch.

I'd mark out for that too.

Also, wouldn't it be neat if Jeff Hardy was awarded the revitalized European Championship and was added to the match?

So awful. Why would Coachman/Regal/whoever put their #1 star who they don't really have any beef with in a handicap match, with his partner being a girl?

Actually, this makes perfect sense. In kayfabe, Cena has the strength of three men, so they need to have a handicap match just in the interest of having a competitive match for the audience.

It would be funny if Regal just outright said: "Well, since we know Cena can beat any number of men by himself, we're going to have him wrestle three champions, and give him a girl as a tag team partner. Sure, he'll win anyway, but at least this will be entertaining."

On Orton...having Cody join with him would be kind of dumb, but I've felt for a while that Orton should form or be the focal point of some kind of heel stable again. I'd love to see something like Orton/Cody/Carlito/Kennedy as an alliance against Cena. Maybe throw in Booker before he becomes Triple H's bitch again.

Since WWE took the idea from TNA, why not take another one from them. Lashley battles Candice early in the show for the women's title and wins. This leads to Lashley joining Cena in the match and turning on him.

Guest droptoehold

it's all gonna be a swerve

Candice will turn on Cena and will set up one of the

biggest champion vs champion matches in WWE history

and quite possible Cena's most difficult challenge to date

at Summer Slam 07!!!!!

If it turns out this match is just a veichle to push Val Venis, I'll be all for it and mark out like a lil' bitch.

^5.

Because John Cena is the plucky underdog who overcomes the odds eight days a week, but, more importantly, he has NO RESPECT for authority, so back off, jack off! Anymore questions, Mr. Cameltoe? LOL LOL LOL

Seriously, though, this won't be a handicap match if Candice finally debuts her magic wand and turns Lance Cade into Laverne Cade. Tell me I'm not the only one waiting for that.

The Candice/Cena feud is obviously trying to cash in on the Chuck Taylor/Mickie Knuckles IWA Mid-South hilarity.

Let's not forget the big elephant in the corner, folks. When do the "Jackass" guys show up?

You know how they should make this worse for Cena?

Have Hornswoggle make a one-night-only Raw appearance so Cena has to team with a chick and a midget! Pure booking greatness!

(Disclaimer: If this happens, please hunt me down and beat me to death with a Cena toy belt.)

Matches like these are where you can tell WWE doesn't give a damn about the belts anymore.

Go back to 1991. If you booked WWF Champion Hulk Hogan & I-C Champion Bret Hart vs. Tag Champions Road Warriors, that would be a BIG fucking match.

But Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch are jobbers compared to Cena & Umaga. And Umaga isn't really that big of a deal anymore either after Cena and Lashley killed him.