TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jackass Crew Backs Out of SummerSlam

As you saw on RAW last night, it appeared RAW setup Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy for SummerSlam, and that match will indeed go down. The planned Jackass vs. Umaga match has been cancelled. Sometime during the last week the deal fell apart. WWE had planned on some of the Jackass guys being at the Great American Bash PPV and do some of their stunts on Umaga all night and end up costing Umaga the title in the Hardy match which would have setup Umaga vs. Jackass at Summerslam.

Johnny Knoxville had planned to do a few TV appearances for WWE leading up to the SummerSlam PPV but after the Benoit family tragedy happened, Jackass and Knoxville started distancing themselves from WWE. Bam Margera had officially backed out due to an injury and Ryan Dunn simply backed out because Bam did.

It was to start out with a few promised TV and PPV appearances, then it came down to Jackass only working the SummerSlam PPV then it ended with the whole idea being scrapped.

Once Knoxville pulled out, WWE decided to scrap the idea altogether. Originally WWE had planned on the Jackass crew defeating Umaga in the match.

credit: PWI

=====================

This isn't going to make USA Network happy, since they were basically forcing WWE to work with Jackass in order to promote Steve-O's new USA show.

Bam's injury was supposedly legit.

But I don't blame them for any of this. In fact, let's turn it around: let's say the WWE was supposed to send, say, Cena, Lashley, Khali, Shawn Michaels, and HHH to make some kind of special appearance on Jackass. Well, HHH rips a quad, and Michaels suddenly decides he ain't going either. Then out of nowhere Chris Pontius up and murders some people and then kills himself, just a few weeks prior to the scheduled appearance. If you were Cena, Lashley, or Khali, would there be any chance in hell you'd want to be on that show?

I figured something was up since they were no longer showing the Jackass logo during SummerSlam promos. But damn... having Umaga drop the belt so soon after winning it and then jobbing him to the fucking Jackass guys would have been beyond horrible.

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Now we can get a decent rematch between Umaga and Jeff.

Triple H and Stephanie get their way in a round about sorta way......I wonder what Shane is thinking now.

Bring in the Dudesons and promote them as Edge's cousins from Finland/Norway/errrr Europe! Or Wee Man in his umpa lumpa costume vs Leprechaun for the Cruiserweight belt! Or even better have Great Khali vs Chris Pontes in a tables match!

This angle would be better suit for another ppv anyway - they're gonna need ideas for some of the other ppvs later in the year to stand out anyway. Good riddance for now, even though I think Im in the minority as one who actually wants to see the Jackass crew in some angle at some point.

Fuck! I actually wanted to see this happen. It would have made sense seeing how Umaga stiffed the shit out of Steve-O and Pontius earlier this year. Oh well.

YA THANX 4 KILLING UR FAMILY CHRIS, NOW I DON'T HAVE TO SEE JACKASS!!!!!11!!!11!

Hey, remember when stuff like this was still funny? Yeah, those were fun times...

But in all seriousness, I'm happy everything fell apart. I don't hate the Jackass crew but I had no interest in seeing them wrestle Umaga or anyone else for that matter.

They really like jobbing Umaga out to celebrity guests, don't they?

Thanks Christ they aren't going through with this....though it would be interesting to see how stiff Umaga would have been to the Jackass boys

So Chris Benoit saved us from the Jackass storyline, Who Killed Mr. McMahon and Linda McMahon being arrested. Plus, there is a chance, although slim, that Vince will need to showcase guys with talent rather than size alone.

Bam's injury was supposedly legit.

But I don't blame them for any of this. In fact, let's turn it around: let's say the WWE was supposed to send, say, Cena, Lashley, Khali, Shawn Michaels, and HHH to make some kind of special appearance on Jackass. Well, HHH rips a quad, and Michaels suddenly decides he ain't going either. Then out of nowhere Chris Pontius up and murders some people and then kills himself, just a few weeks prior to the scheduled appearance. If you were Cena, Lashley, or Khali, would there be any chance in hell you'd want to be on that show?

Trying to think of joke about Khali accidently killing that guy......it'll come to me.

I was honestly looking forward to Bam Margera taking a Samoan Spike, so I'm a little bummed now.

The only thing that would have redeemed it would've been if Umaga starting stiffing them and dropping them on their faces, like on that one episode of RAW.

Umaga getting a rub from working with the Jackass guys wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. I don't know how another match with Jeff Hardy is going to do much for his career. You know, just because the angle involves non-wrestlers doesn't mean it will suck.*

*Yeah, it probably would have sucked, just like everything else they book.

Guest Mos_Def
So Chris Benoit saved us from the Jackass storyline

what the fuck kind of mentality drives somebody to say such thoughtless and mean-spirited shit. The mainstream media is right about wrestling fans. Absolutely right on the mark.

This was really such a stupid ass idea anyways. This whole angle wouldn't have gone over with the fans anyway and would of been a huge waste of time for one of their bigger PPVs.

i am so glad this wont happen, if Umaga lost he would be forever buried and never taken seriously again

what the fuck kind of mentality drives somebody to say such thoughtless and mean-spirited shit. The mainstream media is right about wrestling fans. Absolutely right on the mark.

1. "justcoz" often specializes in saying weird, possibly offensive shit because... uh... just cuz.

2. You jumped to the conclusion that he literally meant what he said, with no irony or sarcasm involved. I'm glad you're so great at reading minds.

3. The mainstream media is generalizing when they say every wrestling fan is the same. That's statistically impossible.

4. You're doing the same thing.

5. And are you a wrestling fan? If so, why are you insulting yourself? If not, what the fuck are you doing reading a thread about wrestling in a wrestling folder on a whole board of wrestling fans?

I was kinda looking forward to this since I figured Umaga squashing a group of daredevil types would be a guilty pleasure. But after hearing they seriously were going to job Umaga out to the Jackass guys I can't believe WWE was going to do this whole storyline.

Do they not realize anymore that you shouldn't have these non wrestling celebs going over the actual talent on the roster? If these C grade celebs aren't willing to get their asses kicked, WWE shouldn't have anything to do with them.

I'm sure the "job" would have consisted of Umaga kicking the shit out of 3 or 4 Jackass guys for 10+ minutes before they ganged up on him and scored some flukey pin. I know many of you hate celebrity involvement in wrestling angles but if those guys bumped like madmen around the ring for a few minutes it would have done a lot for Umaga. It's not worse than working with Jeff Hardy.

Guest Mos_Def

1. "justcoz" often specializes in saying weird, possibly offensive shit because... uh... just cuz.

2. You jumped to the conclusion that he literally meant what he said, with no irony or sarcasm involved. I'm glad you're so great at reading minds.

3. The mainstream media is generalizing when they say every wrestling fan is the same. That's statistically impossible.

4. You're doing the same thing.

5. And are you a wrestling fan? If so, why are you insulting yourself? If not, what the fuck are you doing reading a thread about wrestling in a wrestling folder on a whole board of wrestling fans?

2. Its been, what, a month since Benoit murdered his fam?? I dont need some attempt at irony concerning his death, especially in relation to a fictional storyline. That said, I seriously doubt the validity behind the claim that it was merely sarcasm given that sort of "thanks benoit" senitiment was echoed throughout the thread...no challenges. I've seen plenty of heated debates over HHH, Steph, "Jericho's burial", ext. Posters have become plenty emotional and deadly serious over those topics, but a tragedy such as this is now lighthearted fare?

3. No absolutes, obviously, but I juxtapose this thread with threads about New Japan vs. All Japan, or 'who destroyed WCW' and I see more passion and thoughtfulness being applied to the latter. That doesnt speak volumes about general warped views on life and healthy existences to you?

Whoa, whoa. Jackass is higher than C level celeb, at least Knoxville and Bam are. Steve-O is kind of an O level celeb, he's a cult unto himself. Dunn is C or D level, I'll give you.