TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
algrim

Lashley out with shoulder injury

WWE.com reported Bobby Lashley suffered a torn rotator cuff in his Raw match with Mr. Kennedy.

It's pretty clear that was the story of the match, so either he had suffered the injury over the past week and worked the match on RAW to explain it, or it's a late angle to cover for plans changing.

Former ECW Champion Bobby Lashley will meet with noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., Wednesday for further diagnosis on his injured left shoulder.

Lashley injured the shoulder in his match with Mr. Kennedy on Monday Night Raw, when Kennedy kicked it while up against the ring steps. Once Kennedy realized his opponent was injured, Kennedy viciously targeted the shoulder with repeated attacks and holds.

The shoulder suffered further damage as Lashley attempted to spear Kennedy, and Kennedy countered the charging Lashley by kneeing him in the injured joint.

Preliminary observations from WWE physician Dr. Ferdinand Rios suggest Lashley suffered a possible rotator cuff tear in the left shoulder.

Didn't see it anywhere, so I thought you should know. How will this change the matches at Summerslam, I wonder?

I've actually torn a rotator cuff, it's a shitty injury.

I know other wrestlers have worked through them before so this is a bit interesting, Billy Kidman worked with one for about a year while he was in WCW.

Yeah, PWInsider did an audio today about this, and how it caused them to have to rewrite RAW over and over again. They also talked about Jeff Hardy, possibly big news, but I'll stick that in the Comments thread.

So if Lashley has to spend a lot of time off to recovery, I wonder if he will lose any and all momentum that he had going for him (ala Batista after he had to surrender the WHC)

When he comes back will he do the Chris Masters thing and grow the evil beard or will he take the other route and be like Scott Steiner by ranting about his muscles on top of muscles and the various veins popping out?

Maybe he'll look just about the same?

Man with Lashley hurt and now Jeff AWOL does it seem like Raw is getting a touch of the usual crap SD has to put up with?

Let's see, Jeff Hardy nearly breaks his neck in a match on RAW against Mr. Kennedy and the next week Bobby Lashley tears his rotator cuff on RAW in a match against Mr. Kennedy. I really hope we don't have to wait too long before Triple H gets in the ring with Kennedy.

--Bobby Lashley's shoulder injury, believe to be a torn rotator cuff, is legit. It's been hurting since before Wrestlemania and was aggravated over the weekend. TV was rewritten for the injury angle. He is seeing Dr. James Andrews either today or tomorrow and at that point a diagnosis and decision will be made. If he needs surgery, he would likely be out until January.

Observer.

If he's out for that long, Raw needs a new top line babyface to carry the load.

HHH will take that call.

I had completely forgotten he was coming back. Then you made me remember. :firing:

Raw could do with a strong second-tier babyface as well. Someone they can feed to heels to build them up. I doubt it'll be Umaga; I think he'll get to that second-tier level, but not as a stepping stone.

Has there ever been a time in WWE/F like this before? Where top guys drop like flies with injuries and whatever, and leave the roster looking dangerously weak and exposed?

I know other wrestlers have worked through them before so this is a bit interesting, Billy Kidman worked with one for about a year while he was in WCW.

Some injuries are worse than others. Flair once tore his r.c. and was out for about a year.

MAJOR BOBBY LASHLEY INJURY UPDATE

by Mike Johnson

Bobby Lashley will be undergoing surgery this Tuesday in Birmingham, Alabama under Dr. James Andrews. The severity of his shoulder issues won't be known until after the surgery, according to WWE's website.

“They are going to do an arthroscopic evaluation of the left shoulder, that requires a small incision for the insertion of the scope,” WWE's resident physician Dr. Ferdinand Rios told the WWE website. “If it’s just cartilage or something that can be repaired easily, they will do so. If it is a complete rotator cuff [tear], then they’ll probably have to open [Lashley’s] shoulder up and repair it."

Depending on the severity of the injury, Lashley could be out as little as 6-8 weeks or several months, which is why WWE wrote him out of their storylines with the Ken Kennedy match at this past Monday's Raw.

We know which diagnosis WWE are hoping for, but with their luck it'll be the more serious.

Let's see, Jeff Hardy nearly breaks his neck in a match on RAW against Mr. Kennedy and the next week Bobby Lashley tears his rotator cuff on RAW in a match against Mr. Kennedy. I really hope we don't have to wait too long before Triple H gets in the ring with Kennedy.

Don't forget about the vicious chairshot to Eddie days before his death!

Exploratory surgery.......that always sucks. It's not fun when the doctor goes "so I need to insert this scope so I can look in here and see how bad it is.

If he has a complete tear he's going to get a real nice scar from that surgery.....

COUGH****STEROIDS****COUGH

honestly what else explains so many guys going down with muscle tears

serves him right for stealing Brocks ring entrance jump and pyro :D

His return is the perfect time to give him a mouthpiece and turn heel but well probalbly just get a bunch of videos like Trips is in the weeks leeding up to his return.

Probably get the Booker T treatment where WWE will create a false past history saying that as a youth Bobby Lashley stole car radios, hub caps, and spent 2 years in juvi high school where he learned how to wrestle...

COUGH****STEROIDS****COUGH

honestly what else explains so many guys going down with muscle tears

Yeah... except the rotator cuff tear isn't a steroid injury, and never have been. When large muscles (quadricep, pectoral) separate from the bone, that's frequently caused by steroids. But the rotator cuff is a complex arrangement of muscles and tendons held together in a sort of web, and injuries to it are pretty common in wrestling, whether the guy in question is a steroid user or not. Ric Flair and Mick Foley have both had torn rotator cuffs, and neither of them were juiceheads.

Some injuries are worse than others. Flair once tore his r.c. and was out for about a year.

Flair tore his rotator cuff and had surgery on it in September 1996. They did an angle where he was destroyed backstage by the nWo for the storyline reasoning and he vacated the U.S. Title. He officially returned in May 1997, so that put recovery time at approximately 8 months. But the thing to remember here is that Flair was 47 (and turned 48 mid-way through) when this was going on. Lashley just turned 31, so he'll likely recover a lot faster.

Right before his current injury, Bobby Lashley was gaining extreme amounts of heat in the WWE locker room. So much that some have compared it to Brock Lesnar type of heat. One of Lashley's traveling buddies believes that Lashley's girlfriend Kristall Marshall has messed up his head. Mr. Kennedy would actually refer to Lashley as the male "Diva" (locker room lingo for someone who thinks they are the sh*t). Kennedy once called Steve Austin asking for advice because Lashley was not wanting to sell to anyone in his matches leading up to the Lashley/Cena match at Great American Bash. Lashley had complained to the agents because he was not happy with how his character was being booked over the last few weeks. He wanted to be a heel, not a face. WWE kept changing their minds. They had Lashley spear Cena. Lashley got booed for it. But then they told Lashley he was not turning heel. Lashley hated being in a limbo state. Lashley had wanted to complain to Vince but Vince had bigger things to worry about.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, by way of LordsofPain.net)

Bobby Lashley has surgery on his shoulder two days ago in Birmingham, AL. I haven't gotten a full report of the doctors findings yet but have been told that they went in looking for a rotator cuff injury and found something else which was also said to be serious. He will be out of action for at least a month and I have been told it will most probably be longer than that. We will post more information as soon as we get it.

pwinsider

anyone know anything more?