TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Ever been fired or let go?

A customer complained on me yesterday citing that I didn't talk to her much ( I said "Hi, how are you? Do you have your card, told her the total, and then told her to have a good day) ...and well, long story short I have a five day vacation before I'm supposed to go back in and talk w/ my manager where I will get fired.

I haven't felt this way since Vince McMahon hired and fired me a few years ago.

Anyone have any stories they'd like to share?

Don't be such a knob cancer, he never hired you.

I've been fired a lot. I really don't think it's that big a deal, but then I've never had what you could really call a career until lately.

For various shit like not shaving (that was more of me quitting, though), making the people training me fear for their life (a driving job) and calling a coworker a dumb bitch, fun stuff like that.

A customer complained on me yesterday citing that I didn't talk to her much ( I said "Hi, how are you? Do you have your card, told her the total, and then told her to have a good day) ...and well, long story short I have a five day vacation before I'm supposed to go back in and talk w/ my manager where I will get fired.

If you don't go back, can they not fire you?

Go, punch in, and hide.

I was let go at the end of December of last year from my old job. Last summer I asked for a raise after working there for a year and after a few weeks, my boss calls me down to the office to tell me that instead of giving me a raise, they're downsizing and I'm gonna be gone at the end of the year.

That's the last time I ask for a raise.

I was fired from McDonalds when I was younger.. I showed up late (We're talking 2-3 minutes) 3 times in 6 months :(

It was obvious they just didn't like me though, and who their favourites were..

OH MCDONALDS, I MISS YOU!

I was let go from my first job out of university. I was talked into signing a six-month contract instead of one for a full year by my boss, who was having budget issues and promised he'd find away around them (he was a big used-car salesman type). A week before the six months was up, he called me into his office and told me there was no more money and couldn't re-sign me. I had just moved into a new apartment two months prior.

I went back to work for him two years later, and when I left to go to another division after two years he never talked to me again. Yeah, well, fuck you too.

I was let go at two jobs in the same day. On my birthday.

Then there was those bastards at Hewlett Packard that outsourced my job a couple of years back.

I think I have been let go at around 6 jobs.

When I was 17, I worked at a movie theatre. Well, it didn't last long, because I whispered a joke about an obnoxious fat kid that was breaking the rules. Unfortunately, he heard it, told his mom, who told the manager, and I was fired.

Me and my big mouth.

Guest Vitamin X

I was fired from my job working with an al-Qaeda sleeper cell. We just didn't communicate well enough.

They can fire you just like that? Don't you have to go through like 3 warnings and a disciplinary hearing or anything? Seems a bit unjust.

They can fire you just like that? Don't you have to go through like 3 warnings and a disciplinary hearing or anything? Seems a bit unjust.

Pretty much. My manager asked me how many times he's had to talk to me about customer service but the only other time I've been in trouble is because another customer complained I was on my cell phone when in reality i was turning it off. My manger claims I was texting.

What was the joke?

Basically, the kid said "I don't want to keep running back and forth." I said to myself "Looking at you kid, you could use some running." The rest is history.

I was once a camp counselor at the YMCA. At the end of my very first day, I saw the director because they never really told me when they wanted me in exactly (it's voulenteer, 3 day a week max) and the director was just like "Uhhhh you don't really need to come back...like, ever". Still have no idea what I did.

But was it fun to stay there?

I myself have no actual job experience as of yet, and do not expect that I will until I am 21 years old.

I got "fired" from Enchanted Castle, which is this arcade/playland sort of thing, because I simply stopped showing up for work for more than two weeks. They called my mother while I was at school and basically "fired" me. Guess they needed the satisfaction of officially firing me when it was quite apparent I quit by no-show. The funny part is they cited an incident which occurred while I was actually still working there that they saw me riding a scooter around the arcade on the security tapes as the reason for the firing.

I know it was a dick thing. I was 15 and I was basically getting everyone's work dumped on me, so in the final month or so, I just started not giving a shit about work, so I was riding around work on a scooter, playing games while on the clock, even golfing in that indoor mini-golf course while supposed to be working, and just generally being a bad employee. Then I realized it was better for everyone if I just didn't show up.

I just got my first job a couple months ago. Of course it was just a Temp job but I don't beileve they are going to keep me. I think it's because I don't speak Spanish. Being white is a bitch sometimes.

I'm not going to say which major movie theater I'm a manager for (Although you have a 50/50 shot of guessing it, since there's only two left), and they essentially neuter us from firing people. Because of a very convoluted Human Resources department, you essentially have to not only do something wrong, but also admit to it to even get a warning. Then, you get three warnings, before your final warning, which is your suspension. EVen then however, if you didn't follow procedure exactly to protocol, they'll just override your suspension and allow the person to come back.

I'll apply for a job there. You can just outright tell people to go fuck themselves, but if you deny it, there's nothing they can do? Awesome.

I've never been fired but I quit my first job after being demoted. I worked at Domino's Pizza for a little over six years starting when I was 14. I was getting tired of putting up with my thieving manager and a supervisor who wouldn't listen to us when we tried to tell her what was going on so I just stopped doing my job. Basic stuff, just not showing up when I didn't feel like it, coming in late, not doing anything while I was there. They eventually told me one night that I was being dropped from my assistant management position to just being inside help with a nice $1.50 an hour drop in pay, of course. I worked the rest of the night, didn't show up the next day, and handed in my stuff the day after that. Funny thing is, they did get a new supervisor and he did catch and fire the manager.

After that, I got a temp job at a factory. It wasn't that bad, actually. 50 hours a week or so doing nothing but running different drill presses and mills. I got used to it and all the money and planned on working there until school started back. Of course, nothing goes right when things are good so after about two months I got a call into my supervisor's office with him telling me they had finally picked a guy who already worked in the factory for job (their plan all along; I was just hired to do the job until they chose) but since I was doing such a good job they where going to move me to another department. I got there and hated it from the first minute. Instead of working in a small area with three other people who taught me everything I need to know I was working in a huge open space with about 40 other people with a new "trainer" every day. Well, sort of, I got put with this one bitch three times in five days and after getting tired of being yelled at for going to slow or not being able to read her mind I was ready to quit. Friday comes around and we're told we have to work Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure it's not hard to guess whether or not I slept in those days.

Got the axe from HP when they decided to downsize and move my job from California to Houston.

Nothing spectacular with my layoff, though the first day of mass firings was something to behold. One day, the HR folks basically walked up to people at their desks and told them to grab their stuff. Granted they got severance, but that's still not a cool way to go down. I got a letter telling me what day I was going to be fired on.

Only two left? I'm guessing Regal and AMC? I thought there were more.

There's are still a handful of small local chains, but Regal and AMC are the only two big national ones left.

And yeah, you probably could tell someone to go fuck off, and if you refute ever having said it, and there's no one else to back up the other persons claim, and you refuse to sign your write up, you'd probably get away with it.

Well, I once wasn't fired for something similar to that, but the head cashier at the store I worked at during that time did threaten to send me home. One older lady came through my register one Friday morning and proceeded to talk nearly non-stop about her bingo game at church. It had been a pretty long week, and I was tired (I normally didn't work in the morning at that time) and not feeling that social. Even if I had been feeling rather talkative myself, I couldn't have gotten a word in with this woman's motormouth. I finally stopped her long enough to tell her the total. She paid, snapped at me that she should've gone through a "friendlier cashier's lane", then went to complain about me. The head cashier came out and started to chew me out about how everyone on first shift is supposed to be cheerful and talkative, and that I "needed to be that way", or I was getting sent home.

This was also the head cashier who, after sending another cashier home for whatever reason, called the store manager and told him she had "walked off" the job. So, when the girl came back the next day, she quickly found out that she no longer had a job.

But, I have been let go from two different warehouse positions, both times for incompetence. At the first place, I found out on my first day that they had hired a second guy for the same position they hired me in as, and since he was much stronger than I was, this made me redundant almost right from the start. They did wait eight days before letting me go.

The second warehouse fired me because I was "too slow". Well, perhaps the supervisor should've let 95 percent of his department go then, because I frequently saw people starting projects at four in the afternoon, and they were still doing the same project at 11:30 that evening. Whatever, though. I was ready to give notice anyway...

That doesn't sound too different from where I worked, although the position of "head cashier" really held no authority. So she couldn't send anyone home, but she was a righteous bitch to everyone. It was her I was fired for calling a dumb bitch, and she went home in tears. Naturally everyone loved me. Whenever I stop back into the place I get greeted like Norm in cheers, especially after I wore a shirt which said "You Dumb Bitch" when I was there to get my last check.

I was only really fired because I was management, and couldn't really talk that way to my subordinates. One of the other girls who used to work there (who I'm still friends with, by the way) called her a "fat ugly cow who will die alone" and only got written up.