TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

oAo ECW on Sci-Fi -- 8/14/2007

Silly rabbit, no one knows who AJ Styles is.

Until he eventually shows up in the WWE right?

The only time I really had hate for Rey was during the Filthy Animals days. The gimmick was annoying as hell, and Rey was being REALLY lazy during that phase too.

I didn't like him much without the mask, Mysterio has always been a favorite of mine so it's hard for me to hate on the guy.

I liked him immediately after he lost the mask, when he worked with Billy Kidman against Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, and Raven. I also liked him towards the very end of WCW when the Cruiserweight Tag Team titles were introduced.

I think sometimes people forget how good of a worker he is and take it for granted so then they act like he's not that good or find some reason to rip on him.

He'll be "Stylish" Allen Jones by then, with a gay gimmick.

He hates the gays remember?

Johnny must of been training with Jeff Hardy cause he missed that highspot by a mile. Damn it no worms for the man who thinks he is the human thesaurus of cliches.

He'll be "Stylish" Allen Jones by then, with a gay gimmick.

He hates the gays remember?

Which is exactly why Vince McMahon will saddle him with the gimmick. He hasn't paid his dues in the business, remember?

The silence throughout this match can be attributed to the fact that the crowd will silently wonder how Kevin Thorn is still on the roster.

It's a shame that they got rid of Ariel. That's about the only reason I enjoyed his matches. I'm still not sure why they completely changed his character when he got hurt. The "psycho Jesus freak" character (the name escapes me for some reason) might have gone somewhere had his big rivalry with Undertaker come about.

Mordecai

Thank you. That was going to bug me.

Hell yeah, I used to mark out for Mordecai! I remember one week in 2004 when he cut a promo in his "church" about Eddy Guerrero, teasing a feud with "he who is a lier, cheater, ...............and thief", but the next week or maybe that same week, he jobbed clean to Mysterio and was never seen again.

I liked his catchphrase as well, "Hear Me......Fear Me!".

The silence throughout this match can be attributed to the fact that the crowd will silently wonder how Kevin Thorn is still on the roster.

It's a shame that they got rid of Ariel. That's about the only reason I enjoyed his matches. I'm still not sure why they completely changed his character when he got hurt. The "psycho Jesus freak" character (the name escapes me for some reason) might have gone somewhere had his big rivalry with Undertaker come about.

Mordecai

Hell yeah, I used to mark out for Mordecai! I remember one week in 2004 when he cut a promo in his "church" about Eddy Guerrero, teasing a feud with "he who is a lier, cheater, ...............and thief", but the next week or maybe that same week, he jobbed clean to Mysterio and was never seen again.

Yeah, that was a pretty bad ass gimmick. How come they pulled the plug on it so quick? Was he too green or something?

Mordecai

Yeah, that was a pretty bad ass gimmick. How come they pulled the plug on it so quick? Was he too green or something?

If I remember correctly, the story was he had self-esteem issues and was worried he would mess-up a spot, or hurt someone in the ring, and thus was extra careful in his matches, but Vince decided to send him to OVW because of it. I always commended Kevin Fertig for going that extra mile to ensure a match came off without a hitch and for looking out for the safety of whoever he was in the ring with, but I guess WWE sees things differently (to be honest, yes he was still a little green, but FAR from the worst wrestler on the roster).

Anyone who wants Mabel pushed obviously wasn't watching wrestling at this time of year in 1995. I'm still trying to get over the pain and agony of him main eventing SS 95. In fact that show is one of 2 SS shows I've never seen (the other is 2003 due to a cable problem).

I've had the troubling thought in the back of my mind for a long time that someone in WWE still sees V as a potential main eventer, though lord knows why.

Anyone who wants Mabel pushed obviously wasn't watching wrestling at this time of year in 1995. I'm still trying to get over the pain and agony of him main eventing SS 95. In fact that show is one of 2 SS shows I've never seen (the other is 2003 due to a cable problem).

I've had the troubling thought in the back of my mind for a long time that someone in WWE still sees V as a potential main eventer, though lord knows why.

Yeah, let's judge someone's work right now based on what they did 12 years ago.

Fat guys can't work, unless they're named Vader.

Fat guys can't work, unless they're named Vader.

Earthquake wishes to smite you from the great beyond.

so does the Head Hunters and Yokozuna. Oh! And so does Bam Bam.

You know the past month or so of ECW has done a great job of building up its stars. There is CM Punk chasing the belt, Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn, and Big Daddy V squashing everybody in his way as the dominate monster. And now ARMANDO ALEJANDRO ESTRADA, ja, ja, es El General de la Extremo.

You know the past month or so of ECW has done a great job of building up its stars. There is CM Punk chasing the belt, Stevie Richards vs Kevin Thorn, and Big Daddy V squashing everybody in his way as the dominate monster. And now ARMANDO ALEJANDRO ESTRADA, ja, ja, es El General de la Extremo.

It's just Armando Estrada now.

We've been watching Snitsky for a freaking year, that's what. And Viscera can work a good squash match, has a unique look, sells his character well, and can throw a freaking awesome spinning heel kick.

Viscera is fucking atrocious, what is wrong with you?

What the fuck do you expect a 6'7" 500 pound black guy to do? He serves his purpose well, and people are getting into his fun squashes. Later down the road he can help cement the top babyfaces of ECW, Smackdown, and Raw.

Add the fact that nobody looks like Viscera or has the charisma that he projects or has a manager that does a good job putting over the talent.