TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

The Brothers Solomon

Aside from loving Arnett and Forte, the movie poster sold this for me. The first trailer I saw for the movie deflated me a little, but the newer one that has been on TV about filling up the sperm donor cups is making me feel a little better. I will still be there to see this early one, I like Bob, just hope it isn't a Let's Go to Prison 2, as I had such high hopes in that one with Arnett and Dax.

Looks like it could be funny (Love Forte's reaction to Wiig's cold plastic cup line) or it could be another Let's Go To Prison . I'll see what the early reaction it is to and then decide whether or not I want to see it in theaters. I'll see it on DVD regardless of the reaction.

I actually liked Let's Go To Prison. Sure it didn't make much, but who cares? Sure, it had its faults, but Arnett was absolute 0wnage. Totally a copy of Gob, which is what made it so great.

Anyway, love the trailer. Hilarious to see him dating Jenna, considering Blades where they played siblings (then again, considering he's married to his 'sister' in that movie...) Also, "Marry Me!" is so a reference to Arrested Development. I love this trailer.

Chi McBride! I'm sold. As if I wasn't already.

I really wanted to like Let's Go To Prison, but the laughs just weren't there for me. This one looks better. I'll wait for word of mouth before I put my money down on it

That's how I felt. I didn't loathe the movie. It just wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. I picked up it one week when it went on sale for $6.99 Brand New after only being out a couple months. I'll watch it again, it just had more potential.

The first trailer for Brothers Solomon had my hopes down for the movie. I brought a friend to go see Hot Rod (second time I saw it) and there were new trailers, including one for Brothers Solomon that had me laughing hard. I will see it either Friday or Saturday, schedule and show times permitting.

When I saw the trailer for this a couple of months ago I thought it looked great. The more I saw about it the more I wanted to dig out my own eyes. Looks like a horrible and unfunny movie with only potty humor (not that there is anything wrong with that if done correctly). I'll pass on this and see a good movie, like Hatchet.

I can't believe any of you people actually thought this one ever looked even halfway decent. Will Arnett is way too fucking awesome to continue to be in shit like this and Let's Go to Prison. I have a very bad feeling that the guy is going to fall in a hole where yeah, sure, we'll see him in something decent every now and then, but most of the flicks that he's a part of will end up just horrible. He's too good to go down that road.

The trailer looked hilarious, and it has Will Arnett, Will Forte, Chi McBride and Jenna Fischer. I'm seeing it tomorrow, can't wait to see how Bob Odenkirk fucked it up

Yeah, the reviews are horrible.

Speaking of Will Arnett, the independent-film-screening club here at school is showing "Wristcutters: A Love Story" Sunday. I looked it up on imdb and see that Will Arnett plays "Messiah." I am definitely going to see it.

I just got in from the movie. Not the best movie ever, but I enjoyed it for a brief, mindless flick. It was in the Let's Go to Prison vein where it had potential to do better, but was better than LGtP.

I marked pretty big for

Bill Hader's brief cameos

. Not great, but not terrible. I was surprised because I went to a later afternoon show (5:45) and the theater had about 20 people, a little more than I expected for this movie at that time of day. The only downside was probably about 11 of 20 walked out. It wasn't offensive, I guess they just didn't like it. But like 7 of the 11 were together, so it was more like 3 groups left...

...the independent-film-screening club here at school is showing "Wristcutters: A Love Story" Sunday...I am definitely going to see it.

Lucky bastard.