TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

No chance of that Holly/Eugene team now.

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

WWE.com

Now just Holly needs to get fired and then TNA could have that Eugene/Bob Holly/monkey tag team

WWE.com

Thank God. It's about damn time.

Doesn't seem like a fair shake for Dinsmore...I think he could have done a lot more if they had just finally done a character change with him. I always said the Eugene character was DOA after Triple H squashed him and broke his arm in that cage match, and that was like three years ago, IIRC. Then again, maybe there's more to the story that we don't know. Just kind of weird, since he was just on Smackdown, the other night, though maybe they kind of planned that as a pseudo-burial. I did hate how they kept using him on TV when he obviously had no heat at all, so this is probably for the best.

I hope Dinsmore finds himself in ROH, like Albright. I would love to see him tear it up instead of going to TNA.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought. I wouldnt mind that at all. It would take a while for him to shake off the inevitable Eugene chants but if he can still go like he used to, it wouldnt be a problem.

I recall a match Dinsmore had with Al Snow in OVW circa 2000 at a Louisville Gardens show and that was a fantastic technical match. So the guy could wrestle. It's just that WWE kept him in a dead end gimmick way too long, regardless of whether he himself came up with it. Sure, Booker T. may have thought up being GI Bro again in WCW, but that doesn't mean they should actually listen and do it.

I kept waiting for them to do something, anything with the Eugene character. A 4th grader could have booked it. He either had to be an idiot savant who was a moron outside the ring and a genius inside it, or he had to be faking and then do a Kaiser Soze heel turn. Instead the did the worst possible thing, they kept him in the same retard gimmick way past its expiration date and it has basically wrecked his mainstream wrestling career.

HARDCORE HOLLY'S CAREER MAY BE OVER DUE TO POSSIBLE BOTCHED SURGERY

One of the most tenured performers on the WWE roster, Hardcore Holly, may be done as an active professional wrestler. Holly, who was slated to return to the Smackdown brand, is having continued issues with his arm stemming from his most recent surgery. The word going around at TV is that his condition worsened after the surgery and he's having problems with feeling in the arm. The blame was being put on the doctors. Holly has been with the company since 1994 when he debuted in that year's Royal Rumble as Thurmann "Sparky" Plugg, the wrestler who was also a racecar driver.

TOP RAW STAR QUITTING THE COMPANY?

There is a rumor (and I stress RUMOR) that one top Raw talent may have given notice to leave the company, but until we can confirm that as 100% correct, I'm going to withhold the name.

Source is pwinsider I believe.

Who would be considered top raw talent? HHH, HBK, Cena and Orton? Only name that would make sense woud be HBK calling it a career rather than rehab'ing back into ring shape. Booker T just re-signed didn't he? He's seemingly always threatening to retire. Would Carlito or Jeff Hardy be considered top stars? Jeff is rumored to capture the IC title from the soon to be suspended Umaga tonight, so I doubt it's Jeff Hardy. Ken Kennedy?

On SD! Mark Henry is done once his current contract expires in a couple of months, Kane is looking to hang'em up sooner than later and didn't TNA send out feelers to Chavo Guerrero? His contract must be up soon as well. However the teaser specifically says Raw...

WWE RELEASES TAG TEAM

by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:28 PM on 9/2/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment has released Raw tag team Cryme Time. I haven't heard particulars yet but do know there was an incident this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. Should we hear more, we'll update later today on PWInsider.com.

Money money

No no

Money money

No no

WWE RELEASES TAG TEAM

by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:28 PM on 9/2/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment has released Raw tag team Cryme Time. I haven't heard particulars yet but do know there was an incident this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. Should we hear more, we'll update later today on PWInsider.com.

Money money

No no

Money money

No no

Man, just when they were starting to get fun. Damn, there goes that feud out the window. The fans at the RAW taping tonight are going to be extremely confused as to what they are seeing. And fans with tickets to next week might want to begin their weeping.

Wow, an incident between black people and rednecks? No way.

Now that you mention it, I'd like to hear more about the incident and why only one of the two teams was let go. I'm not saying I believe they were released because they were black but when two groups get into something and only one is fired, you'd like to know more on the why.

Must have been something physical with Cade and Murdoch outside of the ring. I mean why not job CT out tonight at the tapings and then fire them? Wwe has had backstage fights before - maybe they just wanted any excuse to get rid of another(Eugene released yesterday) embarassing gimmick given the increased government and media scrutiny.

One of the teams were trained by Shawn Michaels and Harley Race, the other was OVW fodder.

Must have been something physical with Cade and Murdoch outside of the ring. I mean why not job CT out tonight at the tapings and then fire them? Wwe has had backstage fights before - maybe they just wanted any excuse to get rid of another(Eugene released yesterday) embarassing gimmick given the increased government and media scrutiny.

One of the teams were trained by Shawn Michaels and Harley Race, the other was OVW fodder.

Which would mean 75% of the roster would have to cut right now, which may end up happening anyways given this rate.

Wow, an incident between black people and rednecks? No way.

Now that you mention it, I'd like to hear more about the incident and why only one of the two teams was let go. I'm not saying I believe they were released because they were black but when two groups get into something and only one is fired, you'd like to know more on the why.

Could just be because Cade and Murdoch hold the title belts which would have to be jobbed away. There aren't enough specifics yet to make a fair judgment from the outside on this.

Guest droptoehold

This will be funny to watch play out over the next 2 / 3 weeks tops

then I think imma take a break from wwe. hopefully I can casually

jump back in at some point. With the few people they have left and

the lack of creative direction how many compelling feuds can be had?

I am interested in what would lead to Crime Time being fired, but

really they have dropped the ball with them after week 2.

WWE RELEASES TAG TEAM FOLLOWING INCIDENT ON THE ROAD

by Mike Johnson

World Wrestling Entertainment released Raw tag team Cryme Time, Shad Gaspard and JTG, this afternoon.

I haven't heard particulars yet but do know there was an incident this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch that took place on the Raw house show in Terra Haute, Indiana yesterday. WWE Management was dealing with the incident via telephone from yesterday's TV Taping in Cincinnati and made the decision to release the pair at the Raw tapings this afternoon. Given the timing of the release, I'd say this is likely not a Wellness Policy issue but something stemming from the Indiana incident.

Cryme Time were brought up to the Raw roster in September 2006 after spending time working together in Ohio Valley Wrestling

Cade and Murdoch were probably kept over CT due to seniority. Or because CT started whatever the incident was.