TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

Damn, you guys are quick on the ball when it comes to WWE news, do you all use the wrestlingdb site as well?

I don't agree with this firing. Cryme Time was over, had a catchphrase and was in the midst of a minor feud with Cade and Murdoch that they could've blown off before they fired them

At MSG, they got a huge pop. I was pretty shocked.

Bad, bad, move. Cryme Time was over with the fans big time.

They were good opening match level act to get the crowd going. They got the 'Godfather pop', and that was it. It's no big loss to see them gone.

Hmm, disagree. They were really over last week. Granted, even Miz can get people waving and jumping up and down while standing in the crowd, but still, last week they looked like genuine top team material with the crowd around them. The catchphrase was getting over and would have sold a lot at the merch tables I'm sure had they released a t-shirt in time. And for a WWE team, they were acceptable.

Had this been a month ago it wouldn't have been a big loss. It's definately a loss now though.

CRYME TIME: Money, Money?

DIXIE CARTER: Yeah yeah!

Give WWE a month or so and we'll see another opening match comedy gimmick to take the place of CT when it comes to warming up the crowd and selling some merchandise. It's not like they were irreplaceable for the spot they were in.

Give WWE a month or so and we'll see another opening match comedy gimmick to take the place of CT when it comes to warming up the crowd and selling some merchandise. It's not like they were irreplaceable for the spot they were in.

See I don't know about that, I mean Cryme Tyme were the most over tag team they had on any brand.

As much as I like them, I don't see Cade and Murdoch ever getting that over in their careers.

See I don't know about that, I mean Cryme Tyme were the most over tag team they had on any brand.

It doesn't take a lot to be the most over tag team in WWE considering how the division gets treated. I won't deny the Cryme Tyme gimmick wasn't over to a certain extent, but I think people are way overestimating how over they really were. They're the modern day Godfather; a decent comedy gimmick that people enjoy and gets a good pop on their entrance, but once they've done their shtick, the show is over.

With the state of WWE right now, it's pretty stupid to release a team that's so over with the fans - not only over, but as the weeks go by they seem to get more and more popular.

Unless they did something just totally unforgivable, it's a retarded move.

I just like the get rid of guys who weren't on the list, and keep most of the guys on the list and some in the main event picture.

Good message there

Hey, they fired Simon Dean! Isn't that enough?

With these releasings going on like they are...how long before we go back to one brand with an unofficial split?

...yes, I did have to bring it up, thank you.

If guys are having to get painkillers and steroids with possible views to using them for pain related issues, surely it'd be a better idea to have guys work less shows rather than more?

I'd guess they weren't as gentle with the ref as they could have been when they stole his belt and sold it; not that I blame them, considering that the report indicates the ref botched the finish and not them.

This is just a very wild prediction and it's pretty morbid to think this way, but I see another death coming really soon right in the middle of the insanity of the last few days.

This is just a very wild prediction and it's pretty morbid to think this way, but I see another death coming really soon right in the middle of the insanity of the last few days.

I think another top star dying is about the only way things could possibly get worse for WWE.

I actually wouldn't mind Cryme Time in TNA as their tag team gimmick would fit well there, though that sucks they were fired from the WWE.

Another thing to ponder. What's going to happen with the bastard child angle in the middle of all this? At this rate it's going to end up being Rory of the Highlanders as being Vince's son.

Right now the only entertaining outcome would be someone they brought in. I'd go nuts if it was Jericho or Sid.

It seems for this year when WWE has a major storyline that is supposed to carry the promotion, shit happens. Trump Vs McMahon (the first steroid leak comes out), McMahon is blown away (Benoit killed that angle) and now McMahon's bastard child is hit with this.

What's going to happen with the bastard child angle in the middle of all this?

They had a back-up plan if Kennedy being the child didn't get over, but I don't know if it would have occurred to them to have a back-up plan for the back-up plan. I think it depends on how determined they are that the angle be a vehicle to get Kennedy over so he can headline Wrestlemania against Hunter. If they still want Kennedy in that spot, they'll find a way to work around his suspension, even if it means that someone else gets revealed as the child and they and Kennedy work together somehow. If they decide to take Kennedy out of the spot, then someone could be in for a lucky career break.

What's going to happen with the bastard child angle in the middle of all this?

They had a back-up plan if Kennedy being the child didn't get over, but I don't know if it would have occurred to them to have a back-up plan for the back-up plan. I think it depends on how determined they are that the angle be a vehicle to get Kennedy over so he can headline Wrestlemania against Hunter. If they still want Kennedy in that spot, they'll find a way to work around his suspension, even if it means that someone else gets revealed as the child and they and Kennedy work together somehow. If they decide to take Kennedy out of the spot, then someone could be in for a lucky career break.

Have Kennedy be named the bastard child and Linda, whom still has control of the company simply "fires" Kennedy for causing embarrassment. McMahon can spend the month trying to get his son hired back.

Guest Nick_The_Funny_Asian

I really don't know what to make of the situation that the WWE is in right now...

As for the whole bastard child angle, I really don't think that Kennedy is over enough to be put in a main event spot like that, not to mention it won't be a suprise anyway, as just about half of the fanbase knows that the WWE is planning to have Kennedy be the bastard child.

I'd like to hear more details about the Cryme Tyme releasings. Cryme Tyme was easily the most over tag-team in the WWE, with the exception of The Hardys whenever they have their sporadic tag team matches. At this point, the WWE is going to need all the over talent they have, not to mention they really had something with Cryme Tyme...as it was a good comedy gimmick and "hip" enough to be over with some newer fans.

Amidst all this...I think to myself....I wonder what the WWE would be like if Triple H never married Stephanie...

- Im sure Batista would not be main eventing

- DX wouldn't be back

- Orton would be long gone, if he was even put in his status to begin with

- We wouldn't have HHH to blame everything on

- Maybe The Rock would still be around...

- Maybe the WWE wouldn't be such a joke...and maybe having a job in the WWE would be somewhat desirable

Idk...what do you guys think?

Guest whizzo
I really don't know what to make of the situation that the WWE is in right now...

As for the whole bastard child angle, I really don't think that Kennedy is over enough to be put in a main event spot like that, not to mention it won't be a suprise anyway, as just about half of the fanbase knows that the WWE is planning to have Kennedy be the bastard child.

I'd like to hear more details about the Cryme Tyme releasings. Cryme Tyme was easily the most over tag-team in the WWE, with the exception of The Hardys whenever they have their sporadic tag team matches. At this point, the WWE is going to need all the over talent they have, not to mention they really had something with Cryme Tyme...as it was a good comedy gimmick and "hip" enough to be over with some newer fans.

Amidst all this...I think to myself....I wonder what the WWE would be like if Triple H never married Stephanie...

- Im sure Batista would not be main eventing

- DX wouldn't be back

- Orton would be long gone, if he was even put in his status to begin with

- We wouldn't have HHH to blame everything on

- Maybe The Rock would still be around...

- Maybe the WWE wouldn't be such a joke...and maybe having a job in the WWE would be somewhat desirable

Idk...what do you guys think?

option 4 mainly