TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

Alright, so which one of you guys hacked the WWE.com poll on who is McMahon's kid? I checked it earlier today and Triple H was leading, but apparently now the new leader of the poll is............

Steven Richards 23.36 %

According to the article the belt is descended from the WCW World Title aka the NWA World Title...I never knew championship belts procreated.

I thought he had a point to that comment just could never quite place my finger on it...nor would I want to...come to think of it.

It was in regards to doing the job to Brock in their first ppv bout. They then did a HIAC and Taker put Brock over big time.

what was Undertaker referring to when he said " I Just dont feel it"?

Lesnar was originally booked to successfully defend his WWE Title against Undertaker at Unforgiven 2002, but Taker was quoted by backstage sources as saying "I'm just not feeling it" when presented with the finish. It lead to the non-finish and the Hell in a Cell rematch at the next month's No Mercy where Brock won and Taker had one of the nastiest color jobs ever.

How came the Shawn Michaels/Owen Hart program never led to a PPV match at the Royal Rumble, The feud just stopped only after a few weeks

They actually did have a PPV match. It was at the February '96 In Your House PPV. Owen was ducking Shawn until Shawn offered to put up his WWF Title shot at WM12, so Owen finally agreed to have a match at that PPV which Shawn won and that was the blowoff.

How came the Shawn Michaels/Owen Hart program never led to a PPV match at the Royal Rumble, The feud just stopped only after a few weeks

They actually did have a PPV match. It was at the February '96 In Your House PPV. Owen was ducking Shawn until Shawn offered to put up his WWF Title shot at WM12, so Owen finally agreed to have a match at that PPV which Shawn won and that was the blowoff.

I think he may have been referring to the Shawn/Owen feud from late 1997/early 1998. I can only guess they wanted to shoot Austin to the top ASAP since they didn't know how long his neck would hold up, so Owen was moved to a feud with Shawn's DX compatriot Triple H over the European Title. I remember a great Shawn-Owen title match on Raw where Owen had the title won before HHH blatantly busted up the match to save the championship.

Wow, Ali Larter is playing Claire Redfield? That's almost good casting!

It's a shame these movie stars never actually appear on the shows.... on the other hand...

ya I was referring to the feud in late 97/early 98, I know they also had one or two house matches two, I wish the feud went on longer than it did, those two always had good chemistry togethere

I think he may have been referring to the Shawn/Owen feud from late 1997/early 1998. I can only guess they wanted to shoot Austin to the top ASAP since they didn't know how long his neck would hold up, so Owen was moved to a feud with Shawn's DX compatriot Triple H over the European Title. I remember a great Shawn-Owen title match on Raw where Owen had the title won before HHH blatantly busted up the match to save the championship.

Then why did they have Taker/Shawn at RR 98? Why not make it Owen/Shawn? I guess they needed a place for Kane to kill Undertaker to set up their Wrestlemania match?

After re-watching One Night Stand 2005, how the hell did Sandman get into such tip-top shape compared to what he looked like in 2005? I mean, DAMN, he looks great today compared to then.

After re-watching One Night Stand 2005, how the hell did Sandman get into such tip-top shape compared to what he looked like in 2005? I mean, DAMN, he looks great today compared to then.

When he's motivated, he knows how to get into shape. Look back at his run in WCW in 1999. He's fucking ripped.

Bryan Alvarez had this to say about the new pot rule

There was a meeting prior to the Smackdown/ECW tapings where Stephanie McMahon and John Lauranitis laid down the law about everyone having to get off drugs, and said they were going to be making changes to the Wellness policy. The changes include testing for estrogen blockers (anastrozole, since it's now in the news) and marijuana. To say that the latter was received negatively would be an understatement. There are a ton of guys both in pro-wrestling and MMA, in all the major companies, who smoke regularly, both to help them relax and to ease the pain. Whether true or not, and there are studies that seem to support both sides (particularly of late), the belief among the wrestlers is that marijuana is largely safe and there are far worse things that they could be doing. There are cases where pot has prevented some guys from getting hooked on pain pills. The problem is, Congress is looking at a Wellness policy that seems to test for damn near everything now except marijuana, which regardless of what you think about it is an illegal drug, and that will be a hard one to explain. The deal, though, is that a failure is a $1000 fine, and that's it. No suspension, it doesn't count towards your three strikes, you're not sent home, etc. If we presume, and I do not know this for sure, that the marijuana screening will be part of the regular Wellness testing, and that everyone is supposedly tested four times per year, at most a person will be fined $4000 over the course of a year, which people aren't going to like but will at least be manageable and will allow them to continue smoking. For the big stars, really, it doesn't matter at all.

How many guys have already cut that check for $4000? If RVD was still there, he would have wrote it as soon as the meeting was over and handed it over to Steph.

I've really enjoyed the Hardy / Porter fued. Its probably my favorite feud of the year right behind Batista / Edge, but for the life of me, I don't remember how the Matt Hardy Vs. MVP started. Does anybody remember?

Then why did they have Taker/Shawn at RR 98? Why not make it Owen/Shawn? I guess they needed a place for Kane to kill Undertaker to set up their Wrestlemania match?

Something about Shawn not wanting to work with Owen. HTQ can clarify.

I asked this a few years back, and it was explained to me that neither Shawn or Austin really wanted to work with Owen at the time, so the focus was simply shifted to Hunter.

How many guys have already cut that check for $4000? If RVD was still there, he would have wrote it as soon as the meeting was over and handed it over to Steph.

This is a pretty funny image, but even funnier in my mind is the image of Steph giving the speech and then from off to the side - before she's even done - RVD's hand appears with the check, and he just hands it to her without saying anything.

This is a pretty funny image, but even funnier in my mind is the image of Steph giving the speech and then from off to the side - before she's even done - RVD's hand appears with the check, and he just hands it to her without saying anything.

It's even funnier if you picture Steph folding it twice and then slipping it down into her bra, and then having to send Hornswoggle down with spelunking gear to retrieve it at a later date and/or time.

I've really enjoyed the Hardy / Porter fued. Its probably my favorite feud of the year right behind Batista / Edge, but for the life of me, I don't remember how the Matt Hardy Vs. MVP started. Does anybody remember?

What was good about Edge-Batista? I think Matt-MVP just started with a random US title match on PPV, and then escalated to what it is now. It's definitely my favorite current feud, and maybe the best of the year.

What was good about Edge-Batista? I think Matt-MVP just started with a random US title match on PPV, and then escalated to what it is now. It's definitely my favorite current feud, and maybe the best of the year.

Matt, I believe was on a winning streak of sorts and beat MVP in a tag match shortly after the Benoit program ended, which sent things along for those two.

Guest Diablo_Dor
Bryan Alvarez had this to say about the new pot rule

There was a meeting prior to the Smackdown/ECW tapings where Stephanie McMahon and John Lauranitis laid down the law about everyone having to get off drugs, and said they were going to be making changes to the Wellness policy. The changes include testing for estrogen blockers (anastrozole, since it's now in the news) and marijuana. To say that the latter was received negatively would be an understatement. There are a ton of guys both in pro-wrestling and MMA, in all the major companies, who smoke regularly, both to help them relax and to ease the pain. Whether true or not, and there are studies that seem to support both sides (particularly of late), the belief among the wrestlers is that marijuana is largely safe and there are far worse things that they could be doing. There are cases where pot has prevented some guys from getting hooked on pain pills. The problem is, Congress is looking at a Wellness policy that seems to test for damn near everything now except marijuana, which regardless of what you think about it is an illegal drug, and that will be a hard one to explain. The deal, though, is that a failure is a $1000 fine, and that's it. No suspension, it doesn't count towards your three strikes, you're not sent home, etc. If we presume, and I do not know this for sure, that the marijuana screening will be part of the regular Wellness testing, and that everyone is supposedly tested four times per year, at most a person will be fined $4000 over the course of a year, which people aren't going to like but will at least be manageable and will allow them to continue smoking. For the big stars, really, it doesn't matter at all.

Ok maybe I'm not reading this right, but the way thats written needs clarification, is the new $1000 fine JUST for pot or is it across the board?

That would be, like the best news ever for congress, but I'm guessing its just Marijuana and Estrogen Blockers, though I gotta know who the hell is on them?

that's a far more disturbing mental image.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think one of the more popular steroids adds extra estrogen to the system as a side effect, which promotes man boob growth... the estrogen blockers are used to prevent said man boob growth.

Someone buy a case for Flair. :P

I'm not 100% sure, but I think one of the more popular steroids adds extra estrogen to the system as a side effect, which promotes man boob growth... the estrogen blockers are used to prevent said man boob growth.

True. Some popular steroids, such as deca durabolin, have few androgenic side effects. However, several kinds of steroids, most notably the various forms of testosterone, necessitate the use of estrogen inhibitors.

What can I say? As an amateur bodybuilder, while I have never used steroids, I have done my research.

Uh, Flair's not looking so bad lately. I think he had some surgery, if I recall?

I think it's funny how many people rag on Flair for his appearance. Are half the people on this board going to be in shape like him when they're in their mid '50s? I doubt it.