TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

The match itself was pretty good, but the commentary was horrible.

Definitely horrible. Sounded like a 14 year-old dubbing commentary on Youtube or something. ;)

Also - 30lbs lighter for Anderson, and less that horrible back tattoo that he now has. Jesus Christ what was he on when he got that done?

Truth be told, wasn't there a fad a while back where it was cool to get that tribal shit all over you? Just look at Orton.

It still is - I blame Goldberg.

Yes... blame the jews :ph34r:

Truth be told, wasn't there a fad a while back where it was cool to get that tribal shit all over you? Just look at Orton.

It still is - I blame Goldberg.

Yes... blame the jews :ph34r:

Oh noes! The internetz is on to me! Though, if I worked for the WWE I'm sure I'd get a title shot for this stance.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the confirmed 30-day suspensions include Charlie Haas, Edge, Gregory Helms, John Morrison, William Regal, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, Funaki, Chavo Guerrero.

Chris Masters was also suspended, but it is unclear at the moment whether his suspension was for 30 days of 60 days. In May 2006, he went to rehab for a painkiller problem. It is unknown if he actually failed a Wellness test, or if it was based on a company decision that he needed rehab for painkillers and they didn't count it as a strike against him.

Robert Huffman aka King Booker was also suspended. He is currently serving a 60-day suspension. The reason for the 60-day suspension is because it is believed that he recently failed a test in addition to receiving packages of steroids according to federal prosecutors, so that's two strikes against him. Booker quit the company upon being informed of his suspension. The company was hoping that he'd reconsider, but they were going under the impression that he was finished with the company.

Edge and Helms, both out of action due to injuries, will lose 30 days of their downside guarantee pay.

yes, Funaki.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the confirmed 30-day suspensions include Charlie Haas, Edge, Gregory Helms, John Morrison, William Regal, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, Funaki, Chavo Guerrero.

Chris Masters was also suspended, but it is unclear at the moment whether his suspension was for 30 days of 60 days. In May 2006, he went to rehab for a painkiller problem. It is unknown if he actually failed a Wellness test, or if it was based on a company decision that he needed rehab for painkillers and they didn't count it as a strike against him.

Robert Huffman aka King Booker was also suspended. He is currently serving a 60-day suspension. The reason for the 60-day suspension is because it is believed that he recently failed a test in addition to receiving packages of steroids according to federal prosecutors, so that's two strikes against him. Booker quit the company upon being informed of his suspension. The company was hoping that he'd reconsider, but they were going under the impression that he was finished with the company.

Edge and Helms, both out of action due to injuries, will lose 30 days of their downside guarantee pay.

yes, Funaki.

The wording of this suggests that there is some disagreement internally in the WWE as to whether or not this is Booker's second failed test. I don't think that is the case, is it?

I guess he's arguing that he shouldn't get strike one for buying the stuff and strike two for using them. Seems sort of double jeopardy-ish, though; once you've bought the drugs what choices do you have? Selling them is illegal, using them is illegal and I'm assuming they aren't cheap enough for anyone to just say "Oh well" and flush them without a set of law enforcement officers pounding down your door.

Booker failed a test around the time they wrote him off TV, which was supposed to be for an injury, which I think it turned out to be, but it was apparently a nagging injury that he just decided to take care of at the same time he was to be suspended.

So with this shit with recieving packages of roids, thats two strikes and 60 days.

But Booker is beloved by the internet, so he should get a break.

I posted this stance in another thread, but given the snarky tone here it really deserves reiterating. Are people cutting Booker slack because he's a net favorite? Yes. However, is his stance understandable when obvious juicers like Batista are in no trouble, and the boss himself is jacked out of his mind? Yes.

I posted this stance in another thread, but given the snarky tone here it really deserves reiterating. Are people cutting Booker slack because he's a net favorite? Yes. However, is his stance understandable when obvious juicers like Batista are in no trouble, and the boss himself is jacked out of his mind? Yes.

You don't punish people because they look like they might be on something. Batista is subject to same rules and policies as everyone else, and as far as we know, hasn't tested positive yet. As for McMahon, he's not on the payroll anymore as an active wrestler and is therefore not subject to testing. He's not pushing steroids on people. You can't assign blame to him because some net favorite got in trouble.

You don't punish people because they look like they might be on something. Batista is subject to same rules and policies as everyone else, and as far as we know, hasn't tested positive yet. As for McMahon, he's not on the payroll anymore as an active wrestler and is therefore not subject to testing. He's not pushing steroids on people. You can't assign blame to him because some net favorite got in trouble.

I'm assuming 90% of the Roster is on something at this point. Some like Trips and Batista can afford stuff that's hard to be detected, others must just be clever enough to get around drug tests, at least for know.

edit: 2,500 posts, woo hoo is guess.

Get real. It's not humanly possible to look like Batista and not be on something. It's just not. If I showed up to my job looking drunk or stoned, I'd get fired without having to take a drug test. Granted my workplace is much different, but I look at it like this: if I got suspended for that, yet co-workers who were the boss' boys showed up to work looking high or drunk were getting raises, and the boss was showing up looking high or drunk, it'd piss me off and I'd quit.

All this shit about getting tough on drug use in the WWE is just that...shit. You can look at certain people and know they're on juice. As for McMahon not being an active wrestler, it doesn't matter because him being roided out of his mind just furthers the (true) notion that the Wellness Policy and all this egregious outrage coming out of Stamford is more bullshit.

Personally I don't give a fuck about Booker T. being suspended or not. I don't really watch WWE programming much any more. My point is I can understand why the man Robert Huffman would quit over this hypocrticial company stance. It's a goddamn joke and yes, I can assign blame. It's actually quite easy when this organization is run by a meathead who passive-aggressively makes it clear you only get pushed if you're on juice (males) or have fake tits (women). All this cracking down is a huge, stinking crock and really, really superficial facade to try to look OK during this wave of public outcry.

He already got suspended for it. Why get another 30 day suspension?

He got suspended for failing a test that wasnt at the same time he was found to have recieved packages of roids from the internet company, so it should mean he does an extra 30 days for sure. They are two seperate incidents.

Get real. It's not humanly possible to look like Batista and not be on something. It's just not. If I showed up to my job looking drunk or stoned, I'd get fired without having to take a drug test. Granted my workplace is much different, but I look at it like this: if I got suspended for that, yet co-workers who were the boss' boys showed up to work looking high or drunk were getting raises, and the boss was showing up looking high or drunk, it'd piss me off and I'd quit.

All this shit about getting tough on drug use in the WWE is just that...shit. You can look at certain people and know they're on juice. As for McMahon not being an active wrestler, it doesn't matter because him being roided out of his mind just furthers the (true) notion that the Wellness Policy and all this egregious outrage coming out of Stamford is more bullshit.

Personally I don't give a fuck about Booker T. being suspended or not. I don't really watch WWE programming much any more. My point is I can understand why the man Robert Huffman would quit over this hypocrticial company stance. It's a goddamn joke and yes, I can assign blame. It's actually quite easy when this organization is run by a meathead who passive-aggressively makes it clear you only get pushed if you're on juice (males) or have fake tits (women). All this cracking down is a huge, stinking crock and really, really superficial facade to try to look OK during this wave of public outcry.

I'm not naive to what's going on. I work out quite a bit and I know that you don't look like Batista naturally, especially with the schedule these guys run. However, he is subject to the same tests as everyone else and to this point he hasn't failed anything. There is no proof that Batista uses steroids. Yes, in reality, he's probably using an advanced PED that's undetectable, but unless he violates the existing drug policy, they have no grounds to suspend or punish him. I have no sympathy for Booker at all. He knows the game they all play and he still screwed it up.

yes, Funaki.

Doesn't he know steroids are EEEEEEEEEEEVIL~!

Indeed

The main problem with that analogy is that it's easy enough to notice someone who is drunk or stoned. Thing is, without a failed test it's harder to truly know if someone is on steroids or HGH. Sure you can suspicion it highly, but as long as there is no failed test the guy can say "Hey, I just work out a lot."

Kennedy was set to be part of the biggest angle of the year. One that was likely to lead into wrestlemania.

He didn't need the rub from the angle though. He was doing just fine for himself over the years just based on his talent, mic skills, potraying such a charismatic heel. If anything, the fact that his big mouth got him into trouble, to me is a blessing because frankly the McMahon offspring storyline sucks.

For most of the list, I could see them being on steroids, but the ones highlighted I'm still going WTF?

Kennedy was set to be part of the biggest angle of the year. One that was likely to lead into wrestlemania.

He didn't need the rub from the angle though. He was doing just fine for himself over the years just based on his talent, mic skills, potraying such a charismatic heel. If anything, the fact that his big mouth got him into trouble, to me is a blessing because frankly the McMahon offspring storyline sucks.

Unless he was taking chewable steroids, how exactly did his mouth get him in trouble?

Guest Joseph2112

For most of the list, I could see them being on steroids, but the ones highlighted I'm still going WTF?

Heres is the thing about steroids. They are not neccesarily just to make you "jacked up". They help your body recover from bumps, bruises and soreness. Some people claim that is the main advantage to use them for weightlifting. You can work out for 4 hours in a day and go to the gym the next day and do it again.

I saw a documentary about steroids once. They interviewed a Woman who was about 25 years old, a long distance runner who ran in 10K runs and such. She was about 5' 7" and maybe 110 lbs. She quit using steroids because she felt guilty about going from a good runner to DESTROYING running fields on a regular basis. She was burying the competition so easily she said she felt guilty about cheating to win, so she quit.

Its not just about putting on muscle mass.

Unless he was taking chewable steroids, how exactly did his mouth get him in trouble?

Because he went around the talk show circuits and talked about how the Wellness Policy "saved him" from taking steroids in February 2006 and all this crap. Then it comes out he was recieving steroids up until February 2007 and now looks like a total scumbag shithead with zero credibility now.