TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

I kind of like the new format that WWE Magazine uses. The one thing that really comes to mind is what appeared to be a Trish Stratus nip-shot in the first issue of the new format. If anyone has the issue, get a look at the picture of Mickie James holding a towel in front of her. It's either a nipple or Trish has a rather large mole in that general area.

I don't see the one Matt Hardy gave Brock Lesnar

Or That One Wicked one Rocky gave Ken Shamrock

That's the best chair shot in the history of pro wrestling. The most amazing thing I think I've seen Shamrock do/take.

Dreamer / Raven "Chairshot Heard 'Round the World" would like to talk to you

I've seen it a million times. You are also talking to one of the biggest ECW marks, I just happen to like the Shamrock shot better.

Tanaka and Awesome have also had some amazing chairshots back and forth.

Was there an autopsy on Awesome's brain after his suicide?

Having seen both Dreamer's and Rock's chair shots, Dreamer wins. It was just so more vicious and with much more evil intent.

Can someone post a link to these chair shots?

On another note. I think the Rock's 20 + chairshots on Mankind in thier I quit match were the most brutal I've seen as a whole

Having seen both Dreamer's and Rock's chair shots, Dreamer wins. It was just so more vicious and with much more evil intent.

Can someone post a link to these chair shots?

On another note. I think the Rock's 20 + chairshots on Mankind in thier I quit match were the most brutal I've seen as a whole

Search youtube with "chairshot heard round the world." That's what I did.

Maybe I'm nuts, but why does ECW only have one match at Unforgiven? Richards/Thorn is still relatively hot and they haven't done a gimmick match yet. Boogeyman/BDV has been hyped but not yet delivered, and they're going to give it away free 2 days later instead of at the PPV? And Balls/Miz hasn't been wrapped up...

Some interesting notes from latest f4w

King Booker is likely done for now. He was the 60 day suspension and was outraged. He was pissed because he'd already been suspended once (I believe around the time where he and Sharmell had the supposed break-up on Smackdown and he vanished) and then got the 60-day suspension just because his name showed up on the Signature list. He was very close to signing a new long-term contract but was constantly holding out. We mentioned many of his demands in the newsletter several weeks back, including a desire to sit in on production meetings during his feud with Hunter to make sure that he wasn't buried. He had no contract going into SummerSlam and was constantly telling the office that he would sign it as soon as his attorney finished looking it over for the final time. It is believed that he was dragging it out so that he could see how he was taken care of in the SummerSlam match. He was also upset that Orton had showed up on the list, but because he'd served his time or come clean or whatever the deal was, he wasn't hit with a 60-day. As noted many times, Booker had been wanting to get out of the business for some time, often citing that he was going to retire at 40. He has a hip-hop story in Houston and his wrestling school/promotion, and he saved enough money to not have to worry about the bullshit. He'd made it clear that if he'd been drafted to ECW earlier this year, he'd have quit right then and there. Basically, he's another example of a guy who doesn't need the business and got out because he wasn't happy with how things were going down. He'd also stated many times that he didn't want to be like the other guys who died on the road in some hotel.

Latest WWE idiocy was from the women. There was an article on the Pro Wrestling Torch site that said people were surprised that no women showed up on the Signature Pharmacy list since some were known to purchase stuff online. This caused both Victoria and Torrie Wilson to flip out. Victoria went on a long rant about how the drugs listed (including clenbuterol) could kill a person, and said it was irresponsible to say that women needed to take drugs to look like Divas. She said she had a trainer that had worked with over 100 professional athletes, and training hard was what it took to look like she did. If she's that close to the fitness world she should have known enough to not give any response to this whatsoever, because if anyone thinks the vast majority of women who look like that, whether they be Divas, fitness competitors, swimsuit models, strippers, etc., are one hundred percent clean, they are painfully naïve. She offered to take a lie detector test to verify all of her claims. Of course, like Kennedy, she never said she was lifetime natural, only that she was not violating the Wellness policy, which has only been in effect since early 2006. She also issued a threat, saying she would never grant an interview with the website that published the story (which she did not mention) and said, "I will go out of my way to make sure that no other WWE talent ever grants an interview with you. And I will make it my mission that should any independent worker ever grant an interview with you, should they make it to the WWE, they will get the most brutal 'welcome to the bigs' in the history of sports entertainment". Torrie was far less insane, saying: "I will gladly drag somebody's naysaying BUTT to the gym with me for a 7 to 10 mile run before hitting the weights for 45 minutes. I absolutely hate when people try to devalue someone's hard work to make themselves feel better. I do have to thank those people though, because they do keep us working hard, which is what we do best!".

Vince has scheduled a Board of Directors meeting to specifically address which international territories they should open up and get the green light to start as soon as possible. It is believed that Vince feels with everything that is going down involving Congress and a potential wrongful death lawsuit, wrestling may be in for a rough haul domestically, and thus it is important to solidify operations elsewhere. The feeling is that while WWE may be at its lowest point in history as it regards perception in the United States, they'll continue to be embraced overseas. It is believed the four territories they are looking at most strongly are UK (wheels are already very much in motion), the UK, Asia and Mexico

Vince has scheduled a Board of Directors meeting to specifically address which international territories they should open up and get the green light to start as soon as possible. It is believed that Vince feels with everything that is going down involving Congress and a potential wrongful death lawsuit, wrestling may be in for a rough haul domestically, and thus it is important to solidify operations elsewhere. The feeling is that while WWE may be at its lowest point in history as it regards perception in the United States, they'll continue to be embraced overseas. It is believed the four territories they are looking at most strongly are UK (wheels are already very much in motion), the UK, Asia and Mexico

What's this about?

WWF Mania was the old Saturday morning clip show they had on USA. It was hosted by Todd Pettengill (sp?) and Sunny.

Mania was hosted by Penttengill only..

Sunny joined Pettingill on Mania's successor LiveWire

What's this about?

There was quite a bit of talk of WWE expanding their empire overseas vastly. I'm sure there is a thread or two referring to it.

"It is believed the four territories they are looking at most strongly are UK (wheels are already very much in motion), the UK, Asia and Mexico"

Come now, Bryan. I'm going to assume one of those means Australia or Italy.

So, Orton was named in the drug scandal, but wasn't suspended? I thought he was, or maybe they just nixed plans to give him the title.

If he hasn't aldready, more special treatment given to Orton may turn him into Mike Tyson. When he was growing up in Catskill, he could get away with anything because of his talent. If he acted up in school, it was the teacher's fault. Look where that got him.

Orton confessed though. Which probably helped him. We don't know the details about Booker's first suspension. It might not have been from signature pharmacy, so they couldn't use the double jeoprady thing with him like they did Orton.

I think if they wanted to give anyone a pass it would have been Kennedy. They needed him a lot more than they needed Orton. Difference was, Orton wasn't all over tv swearing he was clean.

What's this about?

There was quite a bit of talk of WWE expanding their empire overseas vastly. I'm sure there is a thread or two referring to it.

I knew about the territories, I was just wondering about the wrongful death lawsuit.

What helped Orton more than anything was that he was set to headline a PPV.

Kennedy was set to be part of the biggest angle of the year. One that was likely to lead into wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania is seven months away, and Kennedy can still be plugged into the main event. Unforgiven is this Sunday, and I don't know who else WWE would have gone with after the hot angle they shot with Cena's father.

What helped Orton more than anything was that he was set to headline a PPV.

Kennedy was set to be part of the biggest angle of the year. One that was likely to lead into wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania is seven months away, and Kennedy can still be plugged into the main event. Unforgiven is this Sunday, and I don't know who else WWE would have gone with after the hot angle they shot with Cena's father.

Ultimate Vince Russo swerve tactic: Cena's Father turns heel and fights Cena Jr for the title, it was all a ploy you see, you know, letting himself get kicked in the face like that.

Yeah, I'm aware how hypocritical that is after I was trying to defend Russo in a TNA thread :lol:

Just for the record, my original sub-title was really only referring to the 1 month suspensions (since they all happened just as September began, hence a month's worth of general discussion about a fed with a temporary lessened roster). But yeah, the count does keep going up.

Aries, or at least last time I saw him, and Kennedy both

It stuns me that guys like Aries haven't been picked up on these steroid busts. They might be on the lists after all but working in the anonymity of independent wrestling keeps away the media attention.