TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

I will have to assume that Brown decided he needed to stay at home. If that is the case, kudos to Brown for getting out. He never loved the business that much anyways, so I'm not shocked he would just walk away. I recall a report awhile back when he was doing the contract talks with TNA, he made more with his personal training job then he did as a wrestler. Obviously, he had alternatives.

Marcus Cor Von has been released.

And my fascination with Cor Von ends. Damn. I guess it'll be back to TNA as Monty Brown for him. I guess TNA is gonna hype up that a FORMER WWE superstar is going to appear on Impact soon.

Marcus Cor Von has been released.

And my fascination with Cor Von ends. Damn. I guess it'll be back to TNA as Monty Brown for him. I guess TNA is gonna hype up that a FORMER WWE superstar is going to appear on Impact soon.

I think Monty Brown might be done with wrestling for a little while.

Does Monty Brown's release warrant it's own thread or should the talk stay in here?

He wasn't a major name and there isn't much controversy over what appears to be a decision made by Brown, not WWE. The other recent releases had mitigating circumstances that made it questionably relevant (Cryme Time being punished for going against script, Eugene being victim of policy, Sandman's sudden release in mid-push).

Does Monty Brown's release warrant it's own thread or should the talk stay in here?

Even though I'm a "Marquis..... I mean Marcus Cor Von" mark, I really don't think so. Unless we found out he quit or there is a bigger story to this, I think Cor Von deserves one last POUNCE~~~!!!!!! ............ PERIOD. In this thread.

Edit: just like to add my favorite Cor Von moment was his first promo after his debut and he did the "WHAT" look at the crowd after they chanted it. Awesome.

I will have to assume that Brown decided he needed to stay at home. If that is the case, kudos to Brown for getting out. He never loved the business that much anyways, so I'm not shocked he would just walk away. I recall a report awhile back when he was doing the contract talks with TNA, he made more with his personal training job then he did as a wrestler. Obviously, he had alternatives.

A year ago, Brown's priorities outside of wrestling were seen as a lack of dedication to the business. Now they're seen as the sign of a man with common sense. None of us see things the same way anymore.

A year ago, Brown's priorities outside of wrestling were seen as a lack of dedication to the business. Now they're seen as the sign of a man with common sense. None of us see things the same way anymore.

We are seeing more and more people willing to leave because of exploring options beyond the wrestling business. While in some cases, such as Jericho, they only prove to be temporary. The ability to leave the business because you opened real avenues is a positive. I do wonder how many performers could leave right now and not need to return to the business be it for financial or emotional reasoning.

Yeah, I heard something about Brown even being able to make more money than he did in the WWE for his training job.

Dude could take care of his sister's kids and still have that going, so good for him.

Wow, the Cena outfit you could put together with crap from a dollar store. That is almost as lame as going as a ghost for Halloween.

But the Umaga one? Gold. I'm ordering now.

wwe notes from f4w-

Krystal may be moved to Raw soon since she's dating Lashley legit. This suggests her and Teddy Long may not live happily every after. No, seriously

I thought they were splitting up couples...?

Vince McMahon paid the bill for Sherri Martel's funeral. Booker T, who Sherri managed in WCW from 1994-1996, paid for her tombstone.

-- WON

Vince McMahon paid the bill for Sherri Martel's funeral. Booker T, who Sherri managed in WCW from 1994-1996, paid for her tombstone.

-- WON

Rehab would've been the better investment, but I do applaud both men nonetheless for stepping up and dishing out when neither was obligated to.

Since the official diagnosis was accidental overdose relating to the pain meds she was taking legitimately for her horribly fucked-up spine, what would rehab have supposed to help?

-- WON

Although Sherri should've gotten help with her back I think this was a classy move by both guys. Cheers to them.