TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Dunlop

So I just noticed I have a missed call...

That's an international call from Mexico. Do you know anyone there? and the reason you couldn't dial it is because you need to enter 001 before you dial it.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't see how that would save time rather than picking up the phone, which would be immediate, as opposed to letting them leave a message and then listening to it, or even screening the call.

OK, I meant it saves time as in I don't have to deal with this:

"Hello, this is Invader3K." (I pretty much always give my name when answering the phone...you'd think this would help).

"..." (silence)

"Hello?"

"Um...this isn't ____?"

"No, I'm sorry, you must have the wrong number."

"Oh...OK."

It gets pretty old. Plus, it's an easy way of screening calls, like you said, in case it's someone I don't feel like talking to at the moment. This is mainly on my cell phone...if I already don't have your name and number saved, chances are you're not really high on my priority list, I guess.

"Hello, this is Invader3K." (I pretty much always give my name when answering the phone...you'd think this would help).

"..." (silence)

:lol: I hope that is really how you answer the phone.

Yesterday I got a incoming call from myself. Like it actually showed up as me calling me.

I also got a call from (000)000-0000 although I am pretty sure that is a bill collector.

I am waiting for me to call again. Hopefully next time I will leave a message. I really want to know what I wanted.

"..." (silence)

:lol: I hope that is really how you answer the phone.

Yes, I suppose if I really did answer the phone like that, I would get silence, or perhaps some confused babbling. :D

000-000-0000 numbers could indicate 'roll over dialing' which means they're using computers to generate random numbers to dial. This is illegal in many states.

The number the original poster posted, could be a dummy number posted in one of them websites they have to prank your friends and you insert a random number.

Also it could be one of them urban legend scams.

did you google the number? That helps sometimes.