TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

Ric Flair quits WWE

At this rate, world title run # 17 seems more than likely to happen for Flair should he stay. Doesn't he have a nagging ear injury or something? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in him actually wanting to stop.

I don't think you're the only one, the idea of anyone appearing in TNA at the moment seems a waste. They want to bring Lesnar back and that doesn't sit on my stomach very well either. What would Flair do in TNA? Be the new Director of Authority? If he went to TNA and TNA were still part of the NWA I could perhaps buy it then, but at the moment no.

RIC FLAIR AND BIG SHOW LINKED TO DRUG SCANDAL

The following is an article from today's Palm Beach Post:

In 2003, the Hillsborough County sheriff arrested and charged John Todd Miller with posing as a doctor and running a Tampa medical clinic that allegedly supplied wrestlers, law enforcement officers and businessmen with anabolic steroids. The case was dropped because of a lack of evidence, but the case file shows how wrestlers might obtain drugs.

Misty Waldo, an employee of the clinic, told detectives that when she was hired, she was told to expect to see wrestlers at the clinic. Waldo said she sent overnight "packages" to Paul Wight, formerly known as "The Big Show" in the WWE, and Richard Fliehr, a top star whose professional name is Ric Flair. Investigators didn't specify the contents of those packages.

Wight did not return a message Wednesday. The WWE, Flair's employer, did not respond to a request for comment.

In documents filed by investigators, former University of North Carolina wrestler T.J. Jaworsky said he was introduced to Miller by Flair two years prior for help in healing a sports injury and that he paid $1,200 per "cycle" for unspecified drugs. Flair called Jaworsky "everything I'd want my kid to be" in his 2004 book, To Be The Man. Contacted recently, Jaworsky said he hadn't talked to Flair in more than two years and he doesn't remember Miller. "It happened so long ago," Jaworsky said.

In 2003, the Hillsborough County sheriff arrested and charged John Todd Miller with posing as a doctor and running a Tampa medical clinic that allegedly supplied wrestlers, law enforcement officers and businessmen with anabolic steroids. The case was dropped because of a lack of evidence, but the case file shows how wrestlers might obtain drugs.

Misty Waldo, an employee of the clinic, told detectives that when she was hired, she was told to expect to see wrestlers at the clinic. Waldo said she sent overnight "packages" to Paul Wight, formerly known as "The Big Show" in the WWE, and Richard Fliehr, a top star whose professional name is Ric Flair. Investigators didn't specify the contents of those packages.

Wight did not return a message Wednesday. The WWE, Flair's employer, did not respond to a request for comment.

In documents filed by investigators, former University of North Carolina wrestler T.J. Jaworsky said he was introduced to Miller by Flair two years prior for help in healing a sports injury and that he paid $1,200 per "cycle" for unspecified drugs. Flair called Jaworsky "everything I'd want my kid to be" in his 2004 book, To Be The Man. Contacted recently, Jaworsky said he hadn't talked to Flair in more than two years and he doesn't remember Miller. "It happened so long ago," Jaworsky said.

You asked for examples of when you re-post stuff. This is one.

So it will almost be 6 years since Flair came back to the WWE.

What are his highlights?

TLC match? Intercontinetal Champion? McMahon Feud? Undertaker vs. Flair?

No it's not, because I posted the other one in the other thread. The story is relevant for both threads, so I posted it in both. Try again.

What are his highlights?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved Taker/Flair. That was my favorite match at WM18 and I've always thought people have overlooked that match.

I didn't overlook it and shame on anyone that did. Flair vs. UT on WM18 was a really, REALLY good match. I marked like a bitch when Arn Anderson ran in and hit the spinebuster on UT all within a split second.

I didn't overlook it and shame on anyone that did. Flair vs. UT on WM18 was a really, REALLY good match. I marked like a bitch when Arn Anderson ran in and hit the spinebuster on UT all within a split second.

Considering I'm such a huge mark for Arn Anderson, that moment literally had me jumping out of my seat. Later on when I watched it, I had chills. AA is the fucking man.

I'd say his hardcore work was a bit of a highlight for me last year. His matches with Angle, HBK, and HHH have all been good to decent. I enjoyed a little of his IC title reign. His yearly cage matches at Taboo Tuesday were both good as was the last man standing match with HHH. Taker vs Flair at Wrestlemania was good, and the initial weeks in his run as co-owner of WWE was good.

No it's not, because I posted the other one in the other thread. The story is relevant for both threads, so I posted it in both. Try again.

Pick a thread when posting something then.

Has anything concrete actually come out regarding this story? Seems like we would have heard something if there was something to this by now.

Yeah, I'm hearing rumblings, but nothing concrete, justa lot of talk and here-say

What are his highlights?

I loved his mic work during the Foley feud last year. For myself, I'll remember Flair as much for his promos as I do for his ring work.

Flair quit after having his big retirement angle shot down numerous times. Austin was pissed that Flair wasn't going to be at Mania this past year, and he came up with an idea to build to Flair's retirement at Mania 24. Basically, Flair would lose a match, snap, and claim that the next time he lost he would retire. He would then go onto a winning streak that would cross over all three brands, with guys trying to be the guy to beat Flair, and Flair finally losing in a high profile match, possibly for a belt, at Mania, with him getting into the HOF the night before.

Vince was said to have loved the idea, and when pitching it he mentioned it was Austins, and the decisions were made to go ahead with the angle. That, obviously, never happened, and that initially pissed flair off. Once he was moved to Smackdown, the idea was to push him as the Babe Ruth of Wrestling, but that never happened either. The retirement angle was, again, brought up, but never moved on. Flair was also pissed about being left off the Columbia SC taping, because he could have been the second most over guy there, and also about losing clean to Finlay. Also, Flair was upset with Triple H saying that Flair can't beat top guys at his age because it is a credibility issue.

Flair is said to be content with staying away and getting his finance business off the ground. Vince is pissed because Flair owes him money from when Vince helped him with the IRS and his court charges.

wrestling observer newsletter

Flair quit after having his big retirement angle shot down numerous times. Austin was pissed that Flair wasn't going to be at Mania this past year, and he came up with an idea to build to Flair's retirement at Mania 24. Basically, Flair would lose a match, snap, and claim that the next time he lost he would retire. He would then go onto a winning streak that would cross over all three brands, with guys trying to be the guy to beat Flair, and Flair finally losing in a high profile match, possibly for a belt, at Mania, with him getting into the HOF the night before.

Vince was said to have loved the idea, and when pitching it he mentioned it was Austins, and the decisions were made to go ahead with the angle. That, obviously, never happened, and that initially pissed flair off. Once he was moved to Smackdown, the idea was to push him as the Babe Ruth of Wrestling, but that never happened either. The retirement angle was, again, brought up, but never moved on. Flair was also pissed about being left off the Columbia SC taping, because he could have been the second most over guy there, and also about losing clean to Finlay. Also, Flair was upset with Triple H saying that Flair can't beat top guys at his age because it is a credibility issue.

Flair is said to be content with staying away and getting his finance business off the ground. Vince is pissed because Flair owes him money from when Vince helped him with the IRS and his court charges.

wrestling observer newsletter

That Hunter quote is a new one, nice heel turn in the creative meetings. It was simple, they should've given Flair the belt during the World Title battle royal.

HHH is right though. Flair is too old, and he simply doesn't have the physique anymore to realistically beat the younger guys.

If the wrestling industry starting thinking like that all the time then they wouldn't be able to do half the shit that they do in the first place.

There wouldn't be anything wrong with the proposed Flair angle, and the fans would've been into it in a big way over time.

HHH is right though. Flair is too old, and he simply doesn't have the physique anymore to realistically beat the younger guys.

If the wrestling industry starting thinking like that all the time then they wouldn't be able to do half the shit that they do in the first place.

There wouldn't be anything wrong with the proposed Flair angle, and the fans would've been into it in a big way over time.

and in the end, as long as the FANS buy it, who gives a crap what Hunter and others think.

and in the end, as long as the FANS buy it, who gives a crap what Hunter and others think.

Hunter and the rest of the McMahons.

Old guys beating on young guys is a wrestling tradition. As long as Flair can still take bumps and throw chops and punches he should be able to get wins believably.

That would have been a pretty kickass angle actually. Hell even if he has credibility issues, he is the dirtiest player in the game and could have cheated his way to wins. You could have even had past Horsemen show up to help him cheat to win on certain occasions. Come the WM24 payoff - say against Cena - Cena could have overcome the odds of every former horseman getting involved to finally beat Flair.

Guest Mos_Def

What are his highlights?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved Taker/Flair. That was my favorite match at WM18 and I've always thought people have overlooked that match.

It came at a time when the net was PMSing against Taker, so they did their best to downplay the quality. Amazing match for two broken down guys past their prime.

Old guys beating on young guys is a wrestling tradition.

Yeah, it worked out so well in WCW.

Actually, WCW's problem was that they featured the old guys facing other old guys.

That would have been a pretty kickass angle actually. Hell even if he has credibility issues, he is the dirtiest player in the game and could have cheated his way to wins. You could have even had past Horsemen show up to help him cheat to win on certain occasions. Come the WM24 payoff - say against Cena - Cena could have overcome the odds of every former horseman getting involved to finally beat Flair.

Too bad Hennig wasn't still around. Imagine a mark out moment if Mr. Perfect were to bust out that sports jacket and revise the "executive consultant" role once again. I think that right there would end all the talk about "Credibility" issues.

Too bad Hennig wasn't still around. Imagine a mark out moment if Mr. Perfect were to bust out that sports jacket and revise the "executive consultant" role once again. I think that right there would end all the talk about "Credibility" issues.

Bobby Heenan! How's he doing anyway, he seems ok in the DVDs he's appeared on giving his comments on the past. Is his throat really that shot he'd be no use to WWE right now? I'd mark out like a kiddie if he appeared on my screen again.

Using Bobby Heenan just couldn't work today. "The Brain" never was a face character and no one would boo a sixty-years old cancer survivor.

I'm sure the Flair retirement storyline would have been great but, even if Flair recently quitted, that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Flair will be back to WWE one day or another. He won't go to TNA where his big angle would be being Kurt Angle's bitch. I'm all for Flair regaining one last shot at the gold, Rocky Balboa-style, but it needs to be his final match.

Ric Flair says he has not quit WWE.

Ric Flair publicly denied "quitting" World Wrestling Entertainment while appearing on the syndicated radio show "Primetime with the Packman" this past Friday.

Flair, who had called in to discuss a recent college football win by Appalachian State, was asked about whether he had quit the company and responded, "It's not true. What would WWE do without me?" and began laughing.

Flair plugged the "Ric Flair Finance" company that he is in the process of setting up in the Charlotte area with several partners and promised he would discuss the WWE situation later this week when he would be in studio as a co-host for the show.

As noted last week here on the site, there have been some disagreements between Flair and WWE over how he's been presented by the company, but the two sides have been speaking amicably towards a resolution. Flair remains under a current WWE contract.