TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The "Vent about not having Program X on 24/7" Thread

Oddly, I had VOD issues as well yesterday. Shows would come up with a busy message, then it reverted back to the previous week's menus. Generally I find day one is iffy, after that things are fine.

Yeah, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I can't count on a day 1 update anymore, but now day 2 is almost over and nothing has changed. If it was a major update I probably wouldn't be happy.

I have Part 2 of GFBE but not Part 1.

I have the September 1st Nitro, but not August 25th.

Unlike last week where there was no update at all, I'm going to assume this is remedied quickly (I also have no Shorties right now).

I'm glad Cogeco here lets non-subscribers check the listings for premium OnDemand channels because after dealing with nonsense from them for about two months now - with it getting really bad in the past 3 weeks - next month's line-up looks like the perfect time for me to threaten to cancel (and then follow through if needed, but I'll be back). I can then keep up to date with how good or bad their updating is going.

I realize one guy dropping the package won't suddenly make them get their act together, but then again since I might be one of the only people in the market who subscribes, maybe it will.

2:30 Thursday and all I have to show for it is one Nitro instead of two, no shorties, and half a PPV. Cogeco is seriously getting a "I'm about to cancel" e-mail.

Edit: This sounds ok, right? Keep in mind almost all previous e-mails have been overly nice with me assuming they would fix the problem, so I felt I was at a justified boiling point here.

My patience in regards to WWE 24/7 OnDemand is coming to an end. I absolutely love this service when it is properly being updated, but in the past 2 months I have seen varying levels of, for lack of a better word, "competence" on Cogeco's end when it comes to properly updating the service (which, as Cogeco should know, is COSTING ME MONEY). Just about every e-mail I have sent in regards to lack of proper updating has been met with the following responses:

1. Nothing

2. What appears to be an automated e-mail telling me that "this problem is best served with a phone representative".

Yes, because I CLEARLY need to have someone over the phone say "yep, you're right, programming is missing!". Back in May, when the service started to get really clumsy with updates, I actually received an e-mail that addressed the problem where it was admitted programs were missing and Cogeco would work on it. That resulted in a few weeks of complete updates (albeit late updates) and I was happy.

Now it's July, and what a disaster it has been. Week 1 took forever to get updated and was still missing something (very minor), week 2 had NO UPDATE at all (and again I was told a phone operator would somehow be able to solve this problem). As of 12 am Wednesday, week 3 of the monthly programming was set to begin. After the week that wasn't, I had grim hopes, but I was surprised to see about a 25% update of content. I thought, "good enough, the rest is probably on the way" (as was the case in June) but as of 3 pm Thursday afternoon - as I am about to go away for the weekend and thus will not be able to watch any missing updates until Monday night, if they appear at all - I am still missing tons of content.

One of the things I truly love about Cogeco is even people who do not subscribe to premium VOD services can check the programming line-up. I have visited friends in other markets with other providers and just finding a VOD menu proved to be a confusing task, but it's quite simple here. This will come in handy, at the beginning of August, I am contemplating a cancellation of the service. I love the service quite a bit, but it is becoming hard to justify $10 a month for programming that is having about a 50% update rate this month. If I see no improvement at the beginning of August, at least I can keep tabs to see if updates have improved. If I see an improved update rate, I will happily re-subscribe on 24/7. Ideally, it will never come to this, and I will just maintain the service I already have. Time will tell.

The part about other markets and VOD is true, btw. A friend of mine was living in London and Rogers Cable had 24/7 before we did here. You had to go through several menus just to find the free previews for 24/7 (which back then were about 45 minutes instead of 12) and I never could find a way to check complete listings.

Cogeco actually called and left a message 2 hours after I sent this stating they needed me to phone them and tell them exact title names that were missing. They also said it was WWE's fault. I wish someone would take responsibility here because whenever someone tells WWE they've been blamed, they say they are perfect and everything is waiting in the cable pipelines for service providers to manually upload when automatic uploads fail.

I really, really don't like phone conversations (which is why I was so sarcastic about their constant suggestion for me to call them about this problem) but I guess I may have to try.

richards_steven.jpg

Fight the Good Fight.

I don't have many things as well. What I'm most disappointed is no Raw, NWA nor Backlash. At least we got to see the good half of the WarGames (1991: hooray for the Pillman DVD). GFBE is mainly a one-match show, which is on the HBK DVD. Still, it sucks to pay 10 dollars for a half-assed service.

The latest...

Cogeco Cable in Windsor, Ontario has been having content update problems for over a month now. As I have been shown by other 24/7 Subscribers on the net, it is the WWE's stance that the fault for this problem is usually with the provider. I sent Cogeco a somewhat angry e-mail which resulted in them calling me and saying that On Demand content problems are the fault of the provider (WWE) not sending them the shows. They said if I gave them a specific list, they would work on requesting the content but as of yet (and the e-mail was sent Friday) nothing has been done.

As of today, with the new update, this is what I am missing and would like Cogeco here to have:

TV Classics:

- August 25th WCW Nitro (September 1st is available).

- The latest NWA episode from today's update.

- The latest Primetime episode from today's update.

Not sure about anything else, but all I have is the September 1st Nitro and the ECW episode that was added last week.

Legends:

Not sure exactly what is missing, but I only have "Mick Foley Hits Part 4", the HOF piece on Kowalksi, and two matches (Killer vs. Bolas and "Executioners Tag Match").

Big Ones:

I only have Part 2 of the April 96 IYH and matches 4, 6, and 7 for Backlash with no other options.

Shorties:

ALL 5 of the War Games matches that were supposed to be added have been unavailable for a week now.

I am hoping this can be fixed before Wednesday when most of these will expire. I may have to cancel this service until WWE/Cogeco has their hiccups worked out if things are not resolved shortly.

Thanks,

I've called Cogeco and sent an e-mail to WWE over the same issue but I'm not holding my breath on either one since it's always the other's fault. Cogeco told me they would check it out and call me back but they'll probably say the usual : they update according to their list that WWE gives them. I never had a reply to any e-mail I've sent to 24/7 customer support save for the BBB one.

I believe I had one non-BBB personal response from them but because their auto response claims they look into reported problems, I place hope that if I mentioned Cogeco was blaming them they'd do something about it.

Hooray, Cogeco added a bunch of stuff today - even the PYBO which I assumed already expired. Still missing War Games 94, half of Backlash, and some TV stuff, but good to see they almost got it all fixed.

The NWA and Backlash 1-2 & 4 showed up today. Better late than never I guess. Still missing the 3rd Foley disc and everything else.

Was a Raw supposed to be availlable along with the Nitros ? I remember the last Raw I saw was the one with the HBK/HHH vs Mankind/Undertaker main-event. I know they'll skip a few weeks worth of Raw but I just want to make a distinction between what 24/7 skipped and what I've missed because of incompetence.

No, the last MNW update was two Nitros and no Raw (it was Friday Night's Main Event). I also noticed that the rest of Backlash (even the full option) showed up tonight with NWA, which is fine since neither expire for a week. I was hoping WG 94 would be up before midnight but no dice. Hopefully when I get home from work I find a decent update.

Edit: Woah woah, Cogeco and/or WWE must have had a fire lit under their ass because at 8:30 (when I got home from work), EVERYTHING was there. Hooray!

Cogeco was doing SO GOOD here... and today, they failed. I really wanted to watch Judgment Day too (at the very least, Shawn vs. Jericho).

Edit: Everything is there now though.

In the "Better late than never" category, I had my second update of August today : New ECW, Judgment Day and Stone Cold 5-6. Never got any MNW, NWA or anything else since the first week.

Let's hope the company won't screw up September since it's Flair month and there are historic MNW shows.

Odd. Like I said, everything has been fine with Cogeco here and they even re-named WWE 24/7 to the new "Classics" deal (and removed the green (sports) highlight from the guide listing).

That said, their update of TMN and MPIX OnDemand was DREADFUL today so I'm not holding my breath for a great update tonight.

well in whats becoming a bi monthly thing with Comcast, no 24/7 update as of this posting and every time I unsubscribe it gets updated, might be time to go Mona Shaw on them :P

Looks like I got everything but RAW, Nitro and part 1 of Superbrawl.

Odd on the Superbrawl thing.

Edited by KingPK